BajaNomad

Rendichicas gasolineras

willardguy - 7-25-2018 at 07:41 PM

BP, arco, chevron....poppin up everywhere. bought gas in tijuana today from Rendichicas, mexican owned stations promising full liters and entirely staffed by women. seems like a good place to get your gasoline!

http://www.rendichicas.com/

[Edited on 7-26-2018 by willardguy]

AKgringo - 7-25-2018 at 07:54 PM

Do they really think us guys will buy gasoline from them just because it is being pumped by chicks? What's that....cars are backed up to the street? Never mind!

John Harper - 7-26-2018 at 06:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Do they really think us guys will buy gasoline from them just because it is being pumped by chicks? What's that....cars are backed up to the street? Never mind!

At least they know how to handle a hose.

John

BajaBlanca - 7-26-2018 at 07:05 AM

Hahahaha

go for it chicas!

Another of their sales gimmicks - we're honest

SFandH - 7-26-2018 at 08:25 AM

What a great marketing idea, we're honest. Perhaps another reason for long lines. Translated from their website:

"The promise of RendiChicas is very simple: to guarantee its customers a full load of gasoline every day, in all its stations, in all its pumps and with all its dispatchers. An infallible promise that the customer can see clearly in his tank when he loads gasoline. Clearly embodying its philosophy , the difference of RendiChicas is not from the mouth to the outside, here the full charge is always demonstrated at each visit."

rts551 - 7-26-2018 at 08:41 AM

In San Luis there is a BP that is fuel at 4 pesos less per litre than other stations.

David K - 7-26-2018 at 08:45 AM

Free enterprise! Competition makes for better service and better price.

BajaTed - 7-26-2018 at 08:50 AM

Sorry to digress, BUT
Why is the gasoline pipeline theft on the mexico mainland so prevalent.
What dynamic is different in Baja????

AKgringo - 7-26-2018 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Free enterprise! Competition makes for better service and better price.

And if a little cleavage is thrown in, that's just a bonus! :wow:

Just kidding, a chubby senior citizen like me has no shot with the Chicas! The only reason I will be in line is for the honest liters, and hopefully correct change.

David K - 7-26-2018 at 09:21 AM

... and you go into Hooters for the food! :biggrin:

John Harper - 7-26-2018 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Sorry to digress, BUT

No oil drilling, pipeline systems, production, or refining operations in Baja? Or possibly only light refining and distribution only?

John

rts551 - 7-26-2018 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Sorry to digress, BUT

No oil drilling, pipeline systems, production, or refining operations in Baja? Or possibly only light refining and distribution only?

John

Because there is a large Black market for gasoline out there. Cartel manages most of the pipeline theft.

DanO - 7-26-2018 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
... and you go into Hooters for the food! :biggrin:

Well, yeah, actually their buffalo wings are excellent.

:cool:

AKgringo - 7-26-2018 at 03:05 PM

And thighs! Don't overlook the thighs! :o

David K - 7-26-2018 at 03:10 PM

:lol: LOL you two!

DanO - 7-26-2018 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
And thighs! Don't overlook the thighs! :o

Hmm. I gotta read that menu a little more closely next time.

Udo - 7-27-2018 at 08:00 AM

May I ask where in Tijuana is the station located? I have not seen it in my travels through the city.

I like the concept of the bright gas station, regardless that it has chicks pumping the fuel...which, by-the-way, I will no longer use (except for my RZR). I am now a TESLA owner.

SFandH - 7-27-2018 at 08:14 AM

Their website says they have 27 stations in TJ. Cool that you have a Tesla!

[Edited on 7-27-2018 by SFandH]

willardguy - 7-27-2018 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
May I ask where in Tijuana is the station located? I have not seen it in my travels through the city.

I like the concept of the bright gas station, regardless that it has chicks pumping the fuel...which, by-the-way, I will no longer use (except for my RZR). I am now a TESLA owner.

take your pick there's a couple dozen in tijuana http://www.rendichicas.com/#estaciones

SFandH - 7-27-2018 at 08:24 AM

Thanks willard, here's the TJ map.

[Edited on 7-27-2018 by SFandH]

David K - 7-27-2018 at 09:30 AM

Were these former Pemex stations or brand new or combo?

Teslas in Baja??

thebajarunner - 7-27-2018 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

You must carry a long extension cord:lol::lol:

AKgringo - 7-27-2018 at 11:51 AM

I did not see it myself, but someone on this forum reported seeing a Nissan Leaf pulling a small trailer with a generator in it!