BajaNomad

poor man's jeep?

Don Pisto - 8-4-2018 at 10:54 AM

check out these little jeep look alikes, they're more in the side-by-side category.....of course Jeep's having a fit.

https://www.motor1.com/news/235047/mahindra-roxor-channels-o...

David K - 8-4-2018 at 11:01 AM

Interesting CJ-7 look-alike. The solid axles and leaf springs make it closer to the original, too. In India, they had been building their version of the Willys or Kaiser CJ -3B Jeep for ages.

JZ - 8-4-2018 at 11:07 AM

We'll never see them here. And they only have 62 horsepower and go 45 miles/hr.

SFandH - 8-4-2018 at 11:38 AM

Buy one in Phoenix:

https://www.nashpowersportsphoenix.com/inventory/v1/Current/...

Might be good for my Baja Beach Ranch......if I had one. ;)

But, there's a catch:

Yesterday: "Fiat Chrysler hopes to block Jeep-ish Mahindra Roxor from US"

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/fiat-chrysler-mahindra-ro...

[Edited on 8-4-2018 by SFandH]

basautter - 8-4-2018 at 12:47 PM

Very cool! Cheaper than a UTV and would be great for bussing around the beach. :light::light:

Don Pisto - 8-4-2018 at 12:50 PM

a ton of torque and the jalopnik testers had their's going 80mph!
yes it would be a fun on the baja beach ranch.

[Edited on 10-29-2018 by Don Pisto]

bajaguy - 8-4-2018 at 01:08 PM

For $30k you could buy a couple of nice pre-owned Jeep Wranglers

SFandH - 8-4-2018 at 01:19 PM

The link in the original post said it will cost around $15K. But you're right, a used real Jeep would probably be a better buy.

[Edited on 8-4-2018 by SFandH]

PaulW - 8-5-2018 at 06:15 AM

The Mahindra wont be available for long. If the courts get a decision soon. The Jeep corporate has already filed the infringement law suit.

bajatrailrider - 8-5-2018 at 07:46 AM

Same if they do have leaf springs in front be like driving a buck board wagon. A used coil spring front jeep the way to go.

JEEP

J.P. - 8-5-2018 at 01:27 PM

I have a 1991 wrangler with a 4.0 that we use for a tow vehicle or extra transportation it does every thing we ask of it it will cruise at 70 + all day.We have owned it for 8 years and best of all we didnt pay close to 15,000 for it

mtgoat666 - 8-5-2018 at 04:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Same if they do have leaf springs in front be like driving a buck board wagon. A used coil spring front jeep the way to go.

Lots of good 4wd vehicles have leaf springs in front. They drive fine. Go look at Land Rovers, land cruisers, etc.

mtgoat666 - 8-5-2018 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
Very cool! Cheaper than a UTV and would be great for bussing around the beach. :light::light:

Looks mo fun than a utv

utv

J.P. - 8-5-2018 at 04:56 PM

The local mechanic always has one or two utv's setting in his shop. I asked whats up with that and his reply was cant get parts:?::?:

del mar - 8-5-2018 at 05:06 PM

offroad forums seem to love em, already a link/coil conversion

JZ - 8-5-2018 at 05:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

How do you decide which handle to post under at any given time?

I notice you delete posts from both pretty often.

del mar - 8-5-2018 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

How do you decide which handle to post under at any given time?

I notice you delete posts from both pretty often.

excuse me???????
do I know you? check your u2u please

[Edited on 8-6-2018 by del mar]

bajatrailrider - 8-5-2018 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Lots of good 4wd vehicles have leaf springs in front. They drive fine. Go look at Land Rovers, land cruisers, etc.

JAAAAA Land Rover one of the worse 4x4s there is. The USA Land cruisers are Torsion bar over sea Leaf spring There super strong but ride like a tank.

mtgoat666 - 8-5-2018 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

JAAAAA Land Rover one of the worse 4x4s there is. The USA Land cruisers are Torsion bar over sea Leaf spring There super strong but ride like a tank.

My old stock LR ‘72 series 3 could run circles around your late model Nissan you imagine to be great because you put a set of overinflated truck tires on it. The greatness you imagine is actually the kidney damage you are experiencing from heavy LT tires on a 1/8 ton pickup :lol:

P.s. show me the money, old man!

[Edited on 8-6-2018 by mtgoat666]

bajatrailrider - 8-6-2018 at 07:08 AM

Poor loser you don't even know how to drive a stick shift . You wish you got 33mpg on a pickup. As all on here know you dont know anything about. Off road or 4x4s to add to this. The new great tires are not E rated the Old P rated tires at 2,600 pounds. The new 3,033 pounds very little difference. Plus since the side wall is 33in tall tire V 31.5 the ride is great. Whos the stupid one now as norm you MT666. LR 72 back in the day as tested . Was declared unsafe voted worst 4x4 in 72 JAAAAAA I love it when you put your foot in your mouth.