BajaNomad

Who will be the 1st. to take one of these Bad Boy's to Baja ??

Paco Facullo - 8-7-2018 at 01:02 PM

https://www.insidehook.com/los-angeles/earle-motors-custom-d...

bajatrailrider - 8-7-2018 at 03:19 PM

That is one cool looking bike would be a ball on dirt roads.

John Harper - 8-7-2018 at 03:33 PM

Looks like dual tanks to get that 6 gallons?

John

JZ - 8-7-2018 at 03:38 PM

https://www.earlemotors.com/home/

dtbushpilot - 8-7-2018 at 03:45 PM

I can't think of anything that sled would do better than a KTM except maybe drain your bank account..

blackwolfmt - 8-7-2018 at 03:50 PM

Front fender would have to come off with all the Mud I go through

dirt-bike-smiley-emoticon.gif - 43kB

bajabuddha - 8-7-2018 at 04:40 PM

* insert Tim Allen grunt here *

JZ - 8-7-2018 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Looks like dual tanks to get that 6 gallons?

John

6 on the main tank, 2 in the rear I believe.

advrider - 8-7-2018 at 06:39 PM

Already so many better bikes out there, KTM being one of the leaders... I would go with one of the many good brands that have been around for years...

AKgringo - 8-7-2018 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Already so many better bikes out there, KTM being one of the leaders... I would go with one of the many good brands that have been around for years...

How long do you think they need to be around? I bought a new Ducati in 1965, and loved that bike. It was a street bike, that I re-configured to be sort of a scrambler, and it was surprisingly good in the dirt. That torquey little single cylinder would climb a wall!

I know that just about anything made today would out perform my Ducati, but they didn't just come on the scene!

mtgoat666 - 8-7-2018 at 07:52 PM

Orange is the ugliest color for a bike or car. I would not trust any bike sold by a company that chooses to paint 9 out of 10 of their bikes orange.

Just based on “branding” alone, Ducati seems to be manlier than an orange bike from a SE Asian tuk tuk factory, eh? :lol:

Does Ducati even sell a bike in orange? :lol:

[Edited on 8-8-2018 by mtgoat666]

bajatrailrider - 8-8-2018 at 09:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Orange is the ugliest color for a bike or car. I would not trust any bike sold by a company that chooses to paint 9 out of 10 of their bikes orange.

Just based on “branding” alone, Ducati seems to be manlier than an orange bike from a SE Asian tuk tuk factory, eh? :lol:

Does Ducati even sell a bike in orange? :lol:

[Edited on 8-8-2018 by mtgoat666]
JAAAAA your so stupid you don't even know how to shift gears why talk.:bounce:

KurtG - 8-9-2018 at 08:22 AM

I didn't see a price for this bike but since the Ducati Desert Sled that it is based on starts at $11,300 I suspect it is $5-6k more. The Desert Sled is a very cool bike and I would love to have one but my budget says I will keep riding my old '91 KLR. I've owned it for over 20 years and 150k miles. Nothing original remains except for the frame and the crankshaft assembly and even that got trued and balanced years ago. It has turned into a pretty good bike but I have had to face the reality of the rider aging and recently lowered the bike 1" and put on more street oriented tires. It has been a fun project for me all these years.

I've never had the option of just throwing $18-20k at a new bike but think in the end I may have had more fun for a lot less money.

bajatrailrider - 8-9-2018 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
I can't think of anything that sled would do better than a KTM except maybe drain your bank account..
I think your right that would drain your bank account. As much as Love KTMs it would come in close second place.:)