BajaNomad

Kailub Russell at Unidilla

willardguy - 8-10-2018 at 09:33 PM

how do you think our GNCC boy will fare on the mx track? tomorrow 10 am!:bounce:

fishbuck - 8-10-2018 at 09:38 PM

Unadilla was the 1st National Championship race I attended probably in about 1975.
Very difficult track. Even Ricky Carmichael didn't like it.
But a GNCC guy should do good there.
How's the weather look. Place is terrible if it rains. Sometime they have to cut portions of the track.

willardguy - 8-10-2018 at 09:45 PM

looks like a mudder:(

marvin and aaron:yes:

[Edited on 8-11-2018 by willardguy]

John Harper - 8-11-2018 at 05:24 AM

The old Carlsbad raceway location is about a mile from my house. I remember going to the USGP there back in the mid-70's. Saw Brad Lackey during his heyday. IIRC, if you came to the races on a motorcycle, you got to park for free.

Indian Dunes was not too far from my hometown in Fillmore. All those places are long gone.

John

chuckie - 8-11-2018 at 05:48 AM

I wuz there...Carlsbad 70's

bajabrant - 8-11-2018 at 06:06 AM

raced offroad cars at carlsbad and indian dunes

chuckie - 8-11-2018 at 06:42 AM

I still have a program showing you and I on the entry list and recap,Ron..man that was a long time ago.....

blackwolfmt - 8-11-2018 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
how do you think our GNCC boy will fare on the mx track? tomorrow 10 am!:bounce:

lookin pretty slow think he was 15th in qualifying still babying his foot

willardguy - 8-11-2018 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

lookin pretty slow think he was 15th in qualifying still babying his foot

in that field I'd be pretty stoked! bam-bam was sure haulin' some mail!:O

blackwolfmt - 8-11-2018 at 08:53 AM

yeah Bam took overall in qualf slick track should be grt racing I luv watchin Marv wreck,,, GO ET1

willardguy - 8-11-2018 at 12:30 PM

mudder's suck!:(

fishbuck - 8-11-2018 at 02:27 PM

Moto 2 450 class 4:30pm NBCSN delayed.
I haven't seen the race yet. So don't tell me!

s1200_2018_Unadilla_Fan_Map_med.jpg - 246kB

willardguy - 8-11-2018 at 06:52 PM

welcome to pro mx Kailub! pretty effin' impressive!:coolup:

ehall - 8-11-2018 at 07:44 PM

Pretty hard crash In moto 2. Be feeling that one for a while

blackwolfmt - 8-11-2018 at 07:45 PM

Not really impressed he should stick with hard enduro or king of the motos and gncc racing,, that last wreck in the 2nd moto was a effin digger hardest crash of the race

willardguy - 8-11-2018 at 08:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

Not really impressed he should stick with hard enduro or king of the motos and gncc racing,, that last wreck in the 2nd moto was a effin digger hardest crash of the race

:lol: alright..........

fishbuck - 8-12-2018 at 01:04 AM

Finally getting a chance to watch.
Moto 2 250 Class now.
Track looks sloopy but a few dry lines. They got lucky.
Racing is very good.
I'll bet Moto 1 was gooey and deep. The ruts will literally rip your feet off the footpegs.
I miss going there. Ofcourse dry is better.

fishbuck - 8-12-2018 at 01:18 AM

A farmer has or had a small grass runway there.
I flew in twice. 1st time I did a little airshow over the track when we got there.
Cessna 152 Aerobat.
The cops were waiting for me when I landed.
I was late getting there and hadn't closed my flight plan so the FAA sent the police to find me and see if I made it ok.
When we walked to the track and my friends said that the anouncer was asking the track photogs to get my picture so they could get my tail number and turn me in.
Never got caught... never did it again.😉
Oh to be 18 again...

[Edited on 8-12-2018 by fishbuck]

del mar - 8-12-2018 at 09:12 AM

coming out of the woods and not racing mx in a decade.....phenomenal 1st moto! 2nd moto bam-bam took him out (like bam-bam will) and left him without a rear brake!
can't wait to see him in the next two!:light:

[Edited on 8-12-2018 by del mar]

ehall - 8-13-2018 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
coming out of the woods and not racing mx in a decade.....phenomenal 1st moto! 2nd moto bam-bam took him out (like bam-bam will) and left him without a rear brake!

He is an awesome rider. He could probably ride our trails standing on the seat.

blackwolfmt - 8-13-2018 at 03:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

He is an awesome rider. He could probably ride our trails standing on the seat.

Totally Agreed Ed just hope he doesn't blow it and get hurt since he is leading the gncc points race, sure missed him at erzberg maybe those races are getting too tuff for him so he wants something easier

willardguy - 8-17-2018 at 11:36 AM

don't look for him tomorrow at Budds Creek.......feeling a little sore :(

blackwolfmt - 8-17-2018 at 12:17 PM

The Unadilla National ended up being the best and worst scenario for five-time and defending Amsoil Grand National Cross Country Champion Kailub Russell. His Lucas Oil Pro Motocross debut included highs like running third for a few laps of the first moto, getting a good start in moto two, and getting right in the mix with the lead group. Then it turned sour—first when he got hit by Justin Barcia, which resulted in a crash and a broken brake pedal. Later in the race, Russell crashed out altogether. Today, in a text message, Russell told us he's too banged up and sore to get his normal laps in during the week, so he will not ride either this weekend at Budds Creek or at next weekend's Ironman National.Kailub said the injury is not that serious, and if he had to race a GNCC this weekend, he'd on the starting line. Because he's relatively new to the motocross game, he only wants to race if he has the proper preparation. He also said that hanging onto a factory 450 motocross bike takes a whole lot of strength.

Did he think he was gonna come in and kick eli and marvs butts, better off sticken to what he knows best

TMW - 8-17-2018 at 08:05 PM

I think he wanted to give it a try to see how he would stack up and I'd say he didn't do too bad. Probably the mud helped him a little. At his age I doubt he'll be racing motocross on a regular basis, at least not while he is racing for another GNCC title. KTM will decide for him more than likely.