BajaNomad

Punta San Francisquito

ericcooke - 8-19-2018 at 07:15 PM

I have found some old information online about Punta San Francisquito and a couple of videos that are 1 to 11 years old, but no current info. Can anyone share if this area abandoned or is there still work being done to turn it into a resort of sorts?

Thanks,
Eric

Marc - 8-20-2018 at 07:00 AM

Was there last November. Not impressed. Casitas mostly trashed by storms with a few partially fixed up but very expensive. A small restaurant also pricey. BaƱos don't work.
However, look here in this board for other (better) reviews and some images. Would be a good place to camp if you are self sufficient.
The road from BOLA is OK with one or two rough spots. Going south through Arco is easy.

David K - 8-20-2018 at 07:20 AM

The search engine here works well... just type in Francisquito and weed out the other places with the same name to see what was posted.

C205Driver had photos and liked it (Oct. 2017): http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=87894

I was there on New Years 2017 and found it just like Marc (above) did... my photos are in my Trip Report #1 (in the Nomad Trip Reports forum).
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=85374

JZ - 8-20-2018 at 08:14 AM

We stayed at one of Beto's places. It was kind of funky, but not bad. Right on the beach in the bay near the dock.

You can email him for reservations.

Road out from BoLA is one of the easier drives in Baja.

[Edited on 8-20-2018 by JZ]

KurtG - 8-20-2018 at 08:20 AM

The "resort" has never recovered from storm damage but is still one of my favorite places. The natural beauty is still there. Meals are available but limited to what they have. Camped there in April and enjoyed it. Just don't expect much in the way of amenities. I didn't consider the meals to be too expensive considering they are a bit remote. Huevos Rancheros were outstanding and the fish tacos were very good. We drove in from Bahia De Los Angeles and out through El Arco. Great desert scenery both ways.

ericcooke - 8-20-2018 at 12:17 PM

Thank you everyone. I have to admit that I searched through Microsoft but didn't even think to search on the forum itself. My bad on that one. We will be self sufficient so I will keep it as an open option.

David K - 8-20-2018 at 12:34 PM

Welcome to Nomad!