BajaNomad

Canadians Help Please

Bruce R Leech - 3-10-2005 at 08:13 AM

Dose any one no about the Law regarding Paying taxes on foreign investments in Mexico for Canadians? is it smiler to the US law? I git a lot of inquirers on this.:rolleyes:

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Marie-Rose - 3-10-2005 at 10:38 PM

At risk of being abused for being a Canadian(!!!!) I would love to help you Bruce and will be finding out the answer to this question in the next month...will definetely share once I know.

Bruce R Leech - 3-11-2005 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose

At risk of being abused for being a Canadian(!!!!) I would love to help you Bruce and will be finding out the answer to this question in the next month...will definetely share once I know.

thanks Marie Rose you will be helping many other Canadians. I have received many requests for this info and I just don't know anything about Canadian tax Law.

I like Canadians

Riom - 3-11-2005 at 12:51 PM

Bruce,

It looks like Canadians have to report most types of foreign property where their total is over C$100,000, such as foreign rental property, or bank accounts, or an "interest in non-resident trust".

But it excludes "vacation property used primarily as a personal residence", property used in an active business, and some other things.

It's the T1135 form at Revenue Canada: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1135/t1135-99e.pdf