BajaNomad

Speaking of John McCain

Marc - 8-31-2018 at 03:35 PM

Lovely place.

bajadogs - 8-31-2018 at 06:15 PM

"Lovely Place"

...Outside Malson Centrale. Obviously you mean it in full respect. I hated McCain, AND I loved McCain. My hat is off to a true American hero.

bajabuddha - 8-31-2018 at 07:23 PM

John McCain, regardless of his politics, his highs or his lows, his past goods and bads is an ICON, pure and simple. I didn't support him in his election bids; he was a loose cannon with PTSD... I had total respect for the man for his service and his sacrifice, but didn't want him in the most important and powerful office in the world, and after watching the Palin DEBACLE showed me my instincts were correct.

HOWEVER :
With what has transpired lately, he is truly an American Statesman, right or wrong, he was the Captain. Regardlss of right or wrong, he was a man of principles, stood for his beliefs and followed through, unlike SOME people currently in the news (as in the entire House and Senate).

When BLOATUS dissed him about "I like people who weren't captured, OK?" that was IT for me. That sumbich with the bone spurs just lost every bit of respect that could be mustered in any way, shape or form.... and ANY OF YOU that can still respect that POS has my never ending animosity.

God speed, Senator McCain.

Lee - 8-31-2018 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
John McCain, regardless of his politics, his highs or his lows, his past goods and bads is an ICON, pure and simple. I didn't support him in his election bids; he was a loose cannon with PTSD... I had total respect for the man for his service and his sacrifice, but didn't want him in the most important and powerful office in the world, and after watching the Palin DEBACLE showed me my instincts were correct.

HOWEVER :
With what has transpired lately, he is truly an American Statesman, right or wrong, he was the Captain. Regardlss of right or wrong, he was a man of principles, stood for his beliefs and followed through, unlike SOME people currently in the news (as in the entire House and Senate).

When BLOATUS dissed him about "I like people who weren't captured, OK?" that was IT for me. That sumbich with the bone spurs just lost every bit of respect that could be mustered in any way, shape or form.... and ANY OF YOU that can still respect that POS has my never ending animosity.

+2

J.P. - 8-31-2018 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

HOWEVER :

+2

Nothing more need be said.
+3

BajaBill74 - 9-1-2018 at 12:19 AM

+ 158,652,635

paranewbi - 9-1-2018 at 05:57 AM

On the one hand…
“I had total respect for the man for his service and his sacrifice, but didn't want him in the most important and powerful office in the world,”

On the other hand…
“…and ANY OF YOU that can still respect that POS has my never ending animosity.”

I haven’t found anyone with the acceptable standards the office would seem to require. In the past and can’t see one for the future. But I live with what we end up with.
I for sure won’t hate anyone who supports whoever is in that office though.
Brothers have killed brothers over that kind of self-indulgence in the past.

Even McCain returned to those who caused him to suffer with an attitude of not holding animosity for them.

Marc - 9-1-2018 at 06:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajadogs  
"Lovely Place"

...Outside Malson Centrale. Obviously you mean it in full respect. I hated McCain, AND I loved McCain. My hat is off to a true American hero.

My thoughts exactly about McCain. And it was a horrible place.
This image was taken almost 30 years ago. The taxi driver had a fit when we jumped out to take this picture. He said we could arrested.
Since then the portal has been spiffed up and, I think, opened as a museum. Times do change.

CaboMagic - 9-1-2018 at 08:04 AM

Recently read this - it is a Joel Osteen sermon - and decided to share it here. Perhaps it can inspire thought and/or perhaps actions.

"Blessing your enemy is a test of your character. They don't need your blessing. God could have somebody else bless them. But when you prove to God that you're not bitter, you're not vindictive, you're not holding a grudge, you're big enough to swallow your pride and bless them, then God knows you're ready to be promoted."

Godspeed John McCain.

Skipjack Joe - 9-1-2018 at 09:04 AM

There wasn't a war he didn't love.

BajaTed - 9-1-2018 at 12:28 PM

Lets transition to his fellow Marine and Gold Star parent in 2020:
Joe Biden
I would pay money to see him debate the Trumpster.
They will post Joe's Twitter feed from 2016 saying
"If he was in H.S. with D. Trump, he would of kicked his ass".
Can't wait