BajaNomad

Tecate aduana hours

motoged - 9-7-2018 at 10:07 PM

I have only crossed into Baja via Tecate in the morning hours. Their web info indicates it is open 24 hours....if so, is it true I can pay for visa inside if the bank is closed?

Thanks in advance....

TECATE

J.P. - 9-7-2018 at 10:16 PM

we cross around twice a month Tecate closes around 10:30 pm. and opens around 6:30am

Maderita - 9-7-2018 at 11:43 PM

The Tecate border hours are 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM, 7 days.
https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/tecate-class-california-25...

chuckie - 9-8-2018 at 05:56 AM

uh-0h youse guys is gonna get scolded! didn't answer his question about the banks....

David K - 9-8-2018 at 07:29 AM

Banks...
Ged, in my trip report from last month (Trip #8) I told how I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I asked him what hours he was open, and he answered if he was closed then the INM officer inside could take the money.

Tecate border is NOT open 24/7... as stated above it closes at 11 pm and opens at 5 am. I sure wouldn't chance it close to those times, but INM is supposed to be open the same as the border gate.

motoged - 9-8-2018 at 09:39 AM

David, I was thinking of your post when I asked my question....and was surprised that one Google bit of info had the Mexican office open 24 hrs ....

Morning crossings always work best for me anyways :)

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Banks...
Ged, in my trip report from last month (Trip #8) I told how I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I asked him what hours he was open, and he answered if he was closed then the INM officer inside could take the money.

Tecate border is NOT open 24/7... as stated above it closes at 11 pm and opens at 5 am. I sure wouldn't chance it close to those times, but INM is supposed to be open the same as the border gate.

bank

J.P. - 9-8-2018 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
uh-0h youse guys is gonna get scolded! didn't answer his question about the banks....

Sorry, but don't need Bank we are Permanent Residents.

carlosg - 9-8-2018 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
...I asked the bank guy (in a booth, at the border, near the entrance to the building where INM has a desk, where you get the FMM forms).

I was there last Tuesday to get our FMMs for our next trip: I paid at the booth with a Bancomer debit card (ATM) and asked if I could use an American Bank card: YES you can. Inside at the INM office you probably need cash.. beware of rate exchange: try yo have pesos with you to pay for FMM.

And as always, the officer at the INM office tried to peddle his sauce, machaca, pastries...etc, etc... I just told him all I had was my ATM.

The border OPENS 5:00am sharp: I have crossed at that time and it closes 11pm sharp.

[Edited on 9-8-2018 by carlosg]

David K - 9-8-2018 at 12:14 PM

I didn't get any sauce sales pitch... darn! I didn't even see any on display. I was there about 8:30 am on a weekday.

BajaBlanca - 9-9-2018 at 01:30 PM

No one headed north thru this border today?

monoloco - 9-17-2018 at 01:00 PM

I don't know about INM, but Aduana takes US credit cards right in the office.