BajaNomad

Best tacos between Ensenada and San Quintin????

motoged - 9-9-2018 at 03:55 PM

It's been reviewed before....but I didn't take notes....but I have a pencil ready this time.

My trip south in November will see me gracing the highway between Tecate and Ensenada rather than my usual route via San Felipe.

Not wanting to perish, I will need sustenance in the form of tacos along the way.

You all have some favourites....willing to name a few locations and where they are . Ones known to still be in business would be best.:biggrin:

Gracias

JZ - 9-9-2018 at 04:05 PM

Not there, but just went to probably the best taco place I've ever been to in Baja. It was in Loreto. I'll have to dig up the name.

Big chunks of Sonora beef.

[Edited on 9-9-2018 by JZ]

ehall - 9-9-2018 at 04:38 PM

El chino in San Vicente for fish. Right next to the pemex in the middle of town.

ehall - 9-9-2018 at 04:39 PM

Can't remember the name but the one in Camalu on the East side of highway in the middle of town. Excellent

carlosg - 9-9-2018 at 05:06 PM

Ensenada

Fish and Shrimp: El Fenix

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android...

Beef and Pork: El Trailero

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-samsung&...

[Edited on 9-10-2018 by carlosg]

woody with a view - 9-9-2018 at 05:30 PM

Carnes? Traileros. Or Flamentes across the street to the north if it’s crammed!
Shrimp? La pasadita (about a mile and a half north of the park where it used to be) in SQ. Same side of the road. You’ll miss it! LOL

[Edited on 9-10-2018 by woody with a view]

mojo_norte - 9-9-2018 at 05:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Shrimp? La pasadita (about a mile and a half north of the park where it used to be) in SQ. Same side of the road. You’ll miss it! LOL

[Edited on 9-10-2018 by woody with a view]

love that place - was wondering what happened to it

mtgoat666 - 9-9-2018 at 05:41 PM

El trailero, on the 1, North edge of Ensenada.

Good road food stop is La Parcela 12, on the 1 a couple KM south of the Los pinos Pemex, south side of San quintin area.

There are a couple of good street taco joints in Ensenada, a bit east of downtown, but I couldn’t begin to describe where they are, just know how to drive to the following a few visual cues...

For a sit-down brunch I like mision Santa Isabel in San quintin.

Another good eat is mi casita in el Rosario.

David K - 9-9-2018 at 08:19 PM

Tacos El Poblano in Maneadero. Left side of highway, red trim, south side of town.

ehall - 9-9-2018 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Tacos El Poblano in Maneadero. Left side of highway, red trim, south side of town. [/rquote

Excellent place]

Ken Cooke - 9-9-2018 at 09:17 PM

Ensenada - non-fried Titos. I can't eat the deep fried food anymore.

soylent_green - 9-10-2018 at 01:02 PM

the rolled tacos at Blanca's in San Vicente north end, east side of highway are really good.

so are the tacos dorados at Mi Ranchito in San Vicente, north end west side. Their Mexican Combination plates - both lunch and breakfast - kicks ass.

Both sit down restaurants and not standard street tacos taco-stands. Both have really decent food at cheap prices.

chuckie - 9-10-2018 at 02:22 PM

Its more fun EDO,if you explore a little on your own....Don't be afraid to go into interesting looking, smelling restaurant on your own....That's the way most of the good spots get discovered. Get off the beaten path once in a while....try it....

motoged - 9-10-2018 at 03:05 PM

And what makes you think I don't do that ?

Or are you just trolling me again :?:

ehall - 9-10-2018 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soylent_green  
the rolled tacos at Blanca's in San Vicente north end, east side of highway are really good.

so are the tacos dorados at Mi Ranchito in San Vicente, north end west side. Their Mexican Combination plates - both lunch and breakfast - kicks ass.

Both sit down restaurants and not standard street tacos taco-stands. Both have really decent food at cheap prices.

I eat at Mi Ranchito everyti.e I am there. Delicious.

chuckie - 9-10-2018 at 03:26 PM

Jeez, EDO I wouldn't ever troll you, a Fellow Canuck.....jes tryin to help...

blackwolfmt - 9-10-2018 at 03:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Ensenada - non-fried Titos. I can't eat the deep fried food anymore.

I'm with ya on that Ken dang shame

KasloKid - 9-10-2018 at 04:29 PM

All the abbreviations, lol, gal and so on, and now edo. What the heck is that? I did a google search and came up with: "Extremely Delightful Organism" Surely, that can't be what it means? :?: :lol:

chuckie - 9-10-2018 at 04:50 PM

Motoged= Ed-o

motoged - 9-10-2018 at 06:02 PM

Chuckie = Goof

ask your jail buddies what it means

UpChuckie....my last reply to any of your comments

chuckie - 9-10-2018 at 07:34 PM

lol how come you getting huffy? upchuckie? kind of a nice ring to it,eh? upchuckie? it'll work....Thanks Ed-o!

wilderone - 9-11-2018 at 11:18 AM

Tacos on the fish market pier in Ensenada are the best - variety of vendors as well.

chuckie - 9-11-2018 at 12:07 PM

I cant help but be amused when someone asks "where is the best Taco stand?' In a land of 6 zillion taco stands?.Even funnier is all the gringos asking that question of other gringos....What ever happened to just going in and trying one.....?.Have we become a nation of lemmings? WOE IS ME.....

woody with a view - 9-11-2018 at 12:19 PM

Glad to see more irrelevant bs. Proud are ya?

chuckie - 9-11-2018 at 02:11 PM

U dissin me again woody?....

willardguy - 9-11-2018 at 02:39 PM

:lol:....actually chuckie is right, jesus they're just tacos! but if you want to believe there's magic in there.......SALUD!

chuckie - 9-11-2018 at 02:50 PM

In case no one has noticed, The two BAJA Californias are a foodies Paradise. One can find more variations on a theme (Tacos) than is imaginable. So WHY WHY not explore ???? I LOVE Chillaquiles (They are NOT tacos)..Try as you travel ordering them for breakfast, the length of the Peninsula,different, a lil bit almost every.time...Tacos is always tacos, but not....

willardguy - 9-11-2018 at 02:56 PM

be sure to wash it down with a yellow cap......otherwise its not a real taco ;)

chuckie - 9-11-2018 at 03:06 PM

SI!

thebajarunner - 9-11-2018 at 04:11 PM

El Recreo- mid-town Mandeadero, West side of the main street.
The carnitas cut fresh from the big hanging pork are awesome

Sorry for the irrelevant and useless other posts. Some folks have way too much time on their hands to focus.

woody with a view - 9-11-2018 at 04:51 PM

Why cant people just add to a thread instead of going off on an alzheimer rant? So pre-dicked-able.

Nextlevelbaja - 9-13-2018 at 10:11 AM

I second David's tacos el poblano for carne and pastor. For fish or seafood tacos, you can't beat the fish market in Ensenada. With all of their different sauces, oh and amazing Micheladas, it can't be beat. Sitting right next to the harbor where the fish comes in and across the street from the fresh fish market, it's hard to believe that anything your eating isn't caught that day. For those who haven't eaten there, your missing out.

John Harper - 9-13-2018 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Why cant people just add to a thread instead of going off on an alzheimer rant? So pre-dicked-able.

No one put a gun to your head and forced you to type a response. You're just as bad as everyone else. Take your meds and relax.

John

motoged - 9-13-2018 at 11:20 AM

Woody doesn't require medication....he's a pretty chill dude...and rarely spanks folks....except when needed.:coolup:

woody with a view - 9-13-2018 at 05:34 PM

Deleted.

You’re not worthy.

[Edited on 9-14-2018 by woody with a view]

woody with a view - 9-13-2018 at 06:48 PM

And John, I don’t have time for typing. This is the 21st century and we have something called voice transcription. Check it out sometime!