BajaNomad

El Zarape in La Paz

BajaBlanca - 10-2-2018 at 05:10 AM

Last week we went to La Paz and returned to one of our favorite restaurants - it did not disappoint.

Unfortunately, it was way too hot to sit outside on their upstairs balcony, but it was nice and cool in the air conditioning on the main floor.

rsz_front.jpg - 195kB

rsz_decor.jpg - 131kB

rsz_chips.jpg - 127kB

rsz_hats.jpg - 156kB

rsz_big_tequila.jpg - 163kB

We actually went twice and the second time ordered the peach mango sauce chicken. It was great !

rsz_peach_mango_chicken.jpg - 105kB

Daventec - 4-10-2019 at 05:31 AM

Looks good! Time to check it out. :D

BajaBlanca - 4-10-2019 at 05:46 AM

Do check it out! Give us an update.

David K - 4-10-2019 at 06:28 AM

Nice photos and good review. Thank you, Blanca!

4x4abc - 4-10-2019 at 12:46 PM

almost any place on the Malecon will get you mediocre food, high prices, bad service, charging irregularities. Some rare exceptions though.

weebray - 4-11-2019 at 07:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
almost any place on the Malecon will get you mediocre food, high prices, bad service, charging irregularities. Some rare exceptions though.

Really? Where?
We have yet to find any exceptions.

4x4abc - 4-11-2019 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Really? Where?
We have yet to find any exceptions.

Harker Board

Daventec - 7-3-2019 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Harker Board

Hmm, will have to put that on my list.

David K - 7-3-2019 at 03:27 PM

That sounds like the burger and pizza joint we ate at, Harald, verdad?
It was very good. Great view of the Malecon people cruising by.

charliemanson - 7-3-2019 at 03:55 PM

Harkers is one of our favorites for fast food on the malecón. Way better than Tailhunters as as you stated, it is a super view of the people enjoying the malecón in the evening.
It is unfortunate that some who live here continue to bash the great environment La Paz gives.
A up and coming place to eat is El Cardon at the newly renovated Costa Baja, Puerta Cortes. Best view of the city in the evening with breezes, great food.
Don't worry that Harold won't like it, because it does cost money, as he still hates everything in La Paz that costs money and has not planned well enough in life to enjoy what does cost a little.

Check it out as it is super nice

Lee - 7-3-2019 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

It is unfortunate that some who live here continue to bash the great environment La Paz gives.

Unfortunate, how? Think someone living in LP might have something to bash about. LP is great. But not that great.

I love Cabo and esp. San Jose. Everyone bashes Cabo. So f'ing what?

Quote:

Don't worry that Harold won't like it, because it does cost money, as he still hates everything in La Paz that costs money and has not planned well enough in life to enjoy what does cost a little.

You're a snark or a troll. Your statement says everything about you. Grow up.

4x4abc - 7-3-2019 at 09:18 PM

just back from Harker - always delightful
not too many Paceños at US$10 for a burger either

charliemanson - 7-4-2019 at 10:59 AM

When you've eaten at that place (El Cardón), what percentage of the diners do you think are native Paceños? :?:

Many are natives, dumb A. Mostly educated, successful people from Mexico City, and here in La Paz, that laugh there asses off of gringos who think they are so successful and smart and want to be rid of cheap gringos who invade their country and complain about there way of life and how they operate .

Give that a moment and think about it. There are many pacenos here that really don't like us for what we represent.

For example, how many cheap gringos drive around in their SD plated cars? Thinking they are soooo smart in beating the system, pay nothing for the infrastructure that they only complain about. These people here know gringos are trying to cheat, and maybe that may predispose them to cheat us. Maybe a little profound for this audience however. Just a thought.

I am headed to play some golf at Puerta Cortez now, have some good food with my Mexican buddies and my wife. Will report back how many Pacenos were there .

FYI, a burger at Harkers is not $10 and always loaded with locals. Just 4X4 trying again to debut La Paz.

Sorry, Lee for calling out your buddy, but he is always banging life here. Bad doctors, bad food, bad service, bad people, ect. But still can't get enough money on the go fund him page to get a ticket out of the place he hates so much

BajaRat - 7-4-2019 at 11:11 AM

Blanca,

That looks fun ! When we drove by years ago it looked like it was permanently closed. We will take a closer look next time.
All the best to you and Les, Lionel :cool:

Bubba - 7-4-2019 at 11:36 AM

That chicken looks awesome!

chippy - 7-4-2019 at 12:36 PM

When you've eaten at that place (El Cardón), what percentage of the diners do you think are native Paceños? :?:

Many are natives, dumb A. Mostly educated, successful people from Mexico City, and here in La Paz, that laugh there asses off of gringos who think they are so successful and smart and want to be rid of cheap gringos who invade their country and complain about there way of life and how they operate .

Give that a moment and think about it. There are many pacenos here that really don't like us for what we represent.

For example, how many cheap gringos drive around in their SD plated cars? Thinking they are soooo smart in beating the system, pay nothing for the infrastructure that they only complain about. These people here know gringos are trying to cheat, and maybe that may predispose them to cheat us. Maybe a little profound for this audience however. Just a thought.

I am headed to play some golf at Puerta Cortez now, have some good food with my Mexican buddies and my wife. Will report back how many Pacenos were there .

FYI, a burger at Harkers is not $10 and always loaded with locals. Just 4X4 trying again to debut La Paz.

Sorry, Lee for calling out your buddy, but he is always banging life here. Bad doctors, bad food, bad service, bad people, ect. But still can't get enough money on the go fund him page to get a ticket out of the place he hates so much

A chipotle burger cost me 190 pesos without fries! Thats 10 bucks all day long in my world:light:.

Don Pisto - 7-4-2019 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

A chipotle burger cost me 190 pesos without fries! Thats 10 bucks all day long in my world:light:.

14 bucks with fries!

charliemanson - 7-4-2019 at 01:18 PM

You must have peeed someone off or been an ahole.

charliemanson - 7-4-2019 at 01:22 PM

Sorry for last reply. Unknown to me, we may get a local discount, no se.

charliemanson - 7-4-2019 at 01:31 PM

Lee, just thinkig about your post. Cabo is fine if you are between the ages of 19-25. Otherwise what we have seen is that people living there need to be near a Cosco, Walmart and a Home Depot. Not exactly people moving and living here to assimilate into the culture....Nothing wrong with being young, immature and without direction yet, where there are cheap drugs, hoars and alike..... been there and done that. Not our deal anymore as we have grown up.

Hope you do well there an enjoy. For vacation check out Las Vegas!

Please donate to the welfare kids on the street that bother you every 1 minute. Sad.

chippy - 7-4-2019 at 02:47 PM

You must have peeed someone off or been an ahole.

You replying to my price report? How could I have peed someone off or been an ahole? I sat down they gave me a menu and I ordered. Maybe they give you a special menu but I doubt it.