BajaNomad

Is there a cut over road from the Agua Verde trail to the Timbabichi trail?

JZ - 10-26-2018 at 02:28 PM

Anyone know? TWM?

tobias - 10-26-2018 at 03:37 PM

Small hijack: how rough is that bottom red route ? AWD and BFG KO2s get me to Puerto Gato? If not is there another way to get there?
Thanks.

JZ - 10-26-2018 at 05:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
Small hijack: how rough is that bottom red route ? AWD and BFG KO2s get me to Puerto Gato? If not is there another way to get there?
Thanks.

Haven't done it yet. Been to Gato on my boat, but never driven in. It's my understanding it's not that bad. I plan to take the truck down it. TWM hopefully will chime in and give us more exact details.

Now coming out of AV is a different story right now. It's all washed out with multiple rock slides. I rode about 1/2 up the mountain a year ago on the bikes. Hard, but do able. No way in a truck.

I'm going to have the truck drop us in AV and meet up with us coming in from Constitucion.

[Edited on 10-27-2018 by JZ]

StuckSucks - 10-26-2018 at 05:10 PM

I see a cross-over out there, but probably not as far east as you'd like.

JZ - 10-26-2018 at 05:16 PM

Well, that right there saves 25 miles.

Wonder if there is anything further East.

David K - 10-26-2018 at 06:38 PM

I think Harald would be the one who knows. It is a bit concerning that there are no recent posts from 4x4abc.

4x4abc - 10-26-2018 at 09:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I think Harald would be the one who knows. It is a bit concerning that there are no recent posts from 4x4abc.

yes, I do know. There are a couple of "short cuts". Scenic and difficult. Definitely no time savers.
The one that StuckSucks posted is the only time saver.

JZ - 10-26-2018 at 09:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

yes, I do know. There are a couple of "short cuts". Scenic and difficult. Definitely no time savers.
The one that StuckSucks posted is the only time saver.

Can you post a route my friend. Probably wouldn't take it this trip, but curious.