BajaNomad

Bahia de los Muertos

gringorio - 3-12-2005 at 08:54 PM

I've read somewhere on Nomad that Bahia de los Muertos has been changing rapidly. I've only been there once, in 1990.

Here is a photo (with my brother pictured) of los Muertos that some of you might recognize, taken in 1990.

By the way, how did the bay come to get its name? :o

ensenada muertos

comitan - 3-12-2005 at 09:23 PM

If you really want to know it is no longer ensenada muertos its bahia los suena its a developement of multi-million dollar homes,golf courses. In the picture you show now just to the left in that picture now is the Giggling Marlin restaurant. If this post doesn't come off as being happy post to be sure it isn't, spent 13 winters there had many good times, no more, just accept that we had those good times. But been discussed before that is part of what is happening to the Baja DEVELOPMENT

LarryK - 3-12-2005 at 09:43 PM

They can call it what they want, but it will always be "Bahia De Los Muertos"!!!!

woody with a view - 3-12-2005 at 09:47 PM

call it what you may, but it sounds "DEAD" to me-what with the giggling marlin next door!:no:

Bruce R Leech - 3-13-2005 at 07:46 AM

All of Baja is changing fast. enjoy it while you can.

Cyndarouh - 3-13-2005 at 08:15 AM

AMEN!! You're so right Bruce, Seems everytime I go down more and more houses. I am only talking back roads from TJ to Rosarito then to Ensenada.

bajajudy - 3-13-2005 at 08:32 AM

Viva Bahia de los Muertos!
Call it what you want but I would think nightmares are in store for those who think its a dream.

eetdrt88 - 3-13-2005 at 09:47 AM

baja may be changing rapidly,but considering i can name about 10 spots off the top of my head that I can drive to in less than a day where i can camp on the beach for a few bucks a night and not see barely a soul,i'd say it is still an amazing place....some of these places that people are talking about not being what they used to be havent been that nice in a long time due to over-population.....any time you add to many humans to a beautiful area,that area often loses it charm

terrybird - 3-13-2005 at 10:51 AM

us small town people always feel dispair when we go back and see the results of "progress".