BajaNomad

New El Triunfo museum

BajaBlanca - 10-30-2018 at 02:51 AM

Got this from another site!!

A new museum in El Triunfo opens NOV 17. Dedicated to preserving and interpreting the rich mining history and settlement of the Cape Region, the complex offers interactive exhibits, fine art, a gift shop, options for wining and dining, and more. https://www.museorutadeplata.com, +52 1 (612) 229 5587

It would be great for someone to go, get some photos (if allowed) so those of us who live far away can see a bit of the history of this wonderful town.

gueribo - 10-30-2018 at 06:41 AM

There's always room in the world for another museum!

David K - 10-30-2018 at 01:53 PM

I have been dealing with the organization operating the new museum. They will be selling my book there. The interior plans look amazing.

wilderone - 10-30-2018 at 03:51 PM

When I stopped in El Triunfo last month, I was told that Christy Walton (of Walmart fortune) was instrumental in building the museum. Was told she also wants to make a Cowboy museum as well. CAREM, and others, likely Walton, also repaired the smelter chimney that Gustav Eiffel designed.

David K - 10-30-2018 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
When I stopped in El Triunfo last month, I was told that Christy Walton (of Walmart fortune) was instrumental in building the museum. Was told she also wants to make a Cowboy museum as well. CAREM, and others, likely Walton, also repaired the smelter chimney that Gustav Eiffel designed.

Confirmed. The organization doing the museum project is called Presa BCS.

jedge42 - 10-30-2018 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  

for what it's worth, we were up there on Saturday ... museum is getting closer to being done ... I also heard about the Walton connection ...

meanwhile the new placard overlooking the "Eiffel" chimney says (in English and presumably in Spanish as well) that the legend of that chimney being designed by Eiffel was likely untrue. No evidence of that has been found it said.

jake