BajaNomad

Arrghhhh! Is it just me???

Sharksbaja - 3-13-2005 at 01:30 AM

Is it just me; that can write an extended post get 99% ready to post and WHAM.....something happens and it's gone. So what do I get when I go to review new post........

Cannot find server.

Is it my ISP or this server??? I have never had this happen before like it does here. Makes me think I should copy/paste in a doc file somewhere contiually. Does this happen to you or is it just me. And it's very frustrating for us hunt & peck people.

Bruce R Leech - 3-13-2005 at 07:44 AM

no it is not just you. it gets really irritating some times . it is one reason I don't make many long posts. when I do I write them in Microsoft word and cut and past them in . I also have trouble with when I am typing along with out looking at the screen it just stops. when I look back I have typed a whole paragraph. that is not there.

bajajudy - 3-13-2005 at 08:36 AM

So are you guys using Exploder? Try Mozilla or Netscape browsers...less chance of virus too.

bajalou - 3-13-2005 at 08:44 AM

These are the things I sometimes do to mess up the typing I do - either posts or other things.
Drag my thumb over the touch pad moving the arrow cursor so that if I click the mouse, I'm in a whole new area - typing away in the middle of a paragraph I did 5 min. ago.
Rest the other hand on the keyboard on the "Alt" or "Ctrl" key - this makes all the other keys do strange stuff. The "Ctrl" is right below the "Shift" so sometimes hit it by mistake there..
Firefox is a great brouser. Been very satisfied with it. Still need IE to get the updates but that's all.

:biggrin:

Bill Gates magic

yankeeirishman - 3-13-2005 at 10:05 AM

A word from the Word! I type on the M.S. Word format>use spell check>save it to a file>open file and copy>paste in Bajaforum. And I have a copy till I wish it away. Just thought this advice would stop some headaches.

woody with a view - 3-13-2005 at 01:42 PM

Quote:

All I can tell you is many times when using the back space key it wipes out half of what I typed or scrambles the paragraph.

perhaps an dirty keyboard with some salsa and chip crumbs stuck between the keys. add some cerveza Dibble and presto!!!:lol::lol::lol:

jrbaja - 3-13-2005 at 02:25 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have explorer, (still) and have not had that problem. It would probably be a wise idea to write the stuff in word or pagemaker or something for posterity but, that would mean that some of you take this crap seriously.:lol::lol::lol:

Sharksbaja - 3-13-2005 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
So are you guys using Exploder?

No wonder!

Mexitron - 3-13-2005 at 04:03 PM

Once in a while when I push the "post" button the Nomads program tells me I'm not logged on......so I log on but the post has been wiped out.

For longer essays, Notepad is very convenient.

Bruce R Leech - 3-13-2005 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
So are you guys using Exploder? Try Mozilla or Netscape browsers...less chance of virus too.

I have the same problem with Netscape or explore

Arrghhhh! Is it just me???

rpleger - 3-15-2005 at 03:11 PM

Try Opera:

The best web browser:cool:

bajalera - 3-15-2005 at 08:20 PM

my computer's not computing
and the damn thing ain't worth shooting
--oops please pardon that bad grammar--
WHO WILL LOAN ME A SLEDGE-HAMMER?

Lera

Tucker - 3-15-2005 at 08:26 PM

I've heard that if Microsoft offered a product that didn't suck, it would be a vacuum cleaner!