BajaNomad

Coco Theft

Cancamo - 11-6-2018 at 12:16 PM

Stopped and had a couple beers at Coco's, (Coco's Corner, Gonzaga/Chapala road), a few days ago. Poor guy said he was robbed.
I regret not writing down everything the guy entered in his log book there, truthful or not. According to Coco, a tall German guy on a motorbike on his way to Argentina stole 67,000 pesos out of the drawer while Coco wheeled out of the room to get a beer. He had been saving for many months to re-do his roof which is in need of re-build. He was happy his truck was full of gas, he was able to drive to San Felipe and call on some friends for a loan and supplies.

What kind of scumbag steals from a kind old guy without legs in a wheel chair? He asked if I could get the word out.

Needless to say we left Coco with a huge tip, please stop and give him some business, and keep your eyes out for the culprit.

David K - 11-6-2018 at 01:56 PM

Wow... no class! :fire::fire::fire:

bajaBEATS - 11-6-2018 at 03:16 PM

i dont no coco but in my hood robbers sometimes get robbed

wilderone - 11-6-2018 at 03:43 PM

Wow - that's cold. karma is waiting down the road for him.

pacificobob - 11-6-2018 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Wow - that's cold. karma is waiting down the road for him.[/rquote

that sort of d-bag behavior usually gets prompt karma adjustments.

[Edited on 11-6-2018 by pacificobob]

David K - 11-6-2018 at 05:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Wow - that's cold. karma is waiting down the road for him.

that sort of d-bag behavior usually gets prompt karma adjustments.

Yep!

woody with a view - 11-6-2018 at 05:50 PM

Next time he’ll have a better hiding spot for his valuables.

bajabuddha - 11-6-2018 at 05:53 PM

Never quick enough unfortunately, but nice to see in your own lifetime. This is where true faith begins, knowing what goes around comes around.

That being said, WTF is Coco doing with FOUR THOUSAND BUCKS in an unlocked and unattended drawer??????? :?:

That's a hit just waiting to happen... tough lesson learned.

Great question!!

thebajarunner - 11-6-2018 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Never quick enough unfortunately, but nice to see in your own lifetime. This is where true faith begins, knowing what goes around comes around.

That being said, WTF is Coco doing with FOUR THOUSAND BUCKS in an unlocked and unattended drawer??????? :?:

That's a hit just waiting to happen... tough lesson learned.

I know Coco, numerous times to sit and chat, also away from his home on other occasions.
Something doesn't smell well in this story.
Makes absolutely no sense to leave that kind of money, especially in pesos it would be quite an imposing pile.
And, out front? Not in back? Not under some kind of lockup?
I make no accusations, nor even insinuations,
just working the "smell test" on this one and I smell fish....

JZ - 11-6-2018 at 06:38 PM

Coco is quite the dirty ole man. Last time we were there in July he was telling some very tall tales about all the women he watched (and more) take off their panties to place in his rafters.

[Edited on 11-7-2018 by JZ]

Bajaboy - 11-6-2018 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Next time he’ll have a better hiding spot for his valuables.

My thoughts exactly....a lotta wad. He must work hard for all the tips.

mtgoat666 - 11-6-2018 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  
Stopped and had a couple beers at Coco's, (Coco's Corner, Gonzaga/Chapala road), a few days ago. Poor guy said he was robbed.
I regret not writing down everything the guy entered in his log book there, truthful or not. According to Coco, a tall German guy on a motorbike on his way to Argentina stole 67,000 pesos out of the drawer while Coco wheeled out of the room to get a beer. He had been saving for many months to re-do his roof which is in need of re-build. He was happy his truck was full of gas, he was able to drive to San Felipe and call on some friends for a loan and supplies.

What kind of scumbag steals from a kind old guy without legs in a wheel chair? He asked if I could get the word out.

Needless to say we left Coco with a huge tip, please stop and give him some business, and keep your eyes out for the culprit.

Twice per year this guy spins a yarn, a tale of woe, and asks for donations. He’s a grifter/panhandler.

DaliDali - 11-6-2018 at 07:48 PM

Stunning.....a man who has provided travelers with a rest stop, cold beer, a few stories for years and years.….

Is now pounded and flamed, he is the culprit for not hiding his stash better.
Never mind the low life slime that supposedly snatched his stash.
Just blame the victim.

For Christs sake......the man has no legs, lives in the desolate desert, a long way for any services on a rough road

And the Goat.....the champion of all "leave a big tip, they are poor" is now flaming a man for asking for a donation....as some "grifter/panhandler"
Jerk is too kind.

mtgoat666 - 11-6-2018 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Stunning.....a man who has provided travelers with a rest stop, cold beer, a few stories for years and years.….

Just blame the victim.

For Christs sake......the man has no legs, lives in the desolate desert, a long way for any services on a rough road

And the Goat.....the champion of all "leave a big tip, they are poor" is now flaming a man for asking for a donation....as some "grifter/panhandler"
Jerk is too kind.

I am saying there probably never was any money stolen, no German bandito - the story of theft may just be a con job on you softies with a wad of dollars in your pocket.

BajaBlanca - 11-6-2018 at 08:54 PM

Well, there are enough of us that someone will see the German, tall dude, on his bike heading to Argentina somewhere...if he exists. And if he does, shame on him.

mtgoat666 - 11-6-2018 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Well, there are enough of us that someone will see the German, tall dude, on his bike heading to Argentina somewhere...if he exists. And if he does, shame on him.

You guys ready to hunt down and lynch every tall German in baja? How many are there? A couple dozen at any one time?

motoged - 11-6-2018 at 09:27 PM

Dali,
I am with you on this one....

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Just blame the victim.

Jerk is too kind.

willardguy - 11-6-2018 at 10:07 PM

coco had saved thirty-three hundred dollars to re-roof his house and left it in a drawer.......imagine that!:light:

woody with a view - 11-6-2018 at 10:53 PM

And said drawer was in easy reach of a guy he left alone? Most people keep their valuables tucked away in a dark corner in the back under a bunch of other stuff. Some lessons are harder than others.

[Edited on 11-7-2018 by woody with a view]

LancairDriver - 11-7-2018 at 12:50 AM

Could he have alerted his many Chingos up and down the road to be on the lookout for the culprit?

basautter - 11-7-2018 at 05:12 AM

On two of my four visits over the years, Coco had different tales of being ripped off. One story was believable, the other was out there a bit. I assumed he was trying to rustle up a donation to cover losses. His stories are interesting, so we did give him a nice tip, but no more or less due to his alleged losses. Goes with the territory.

weebray - 11-7-2018 at 09:33 AM

I have stopped for a few beers and listened to many a tall tale at Coco's corner. Who among us has not heard a suspicious one? Let's see - tall German, riding a moto? Not in Germany? Huge wad laying around? Hard for a checkpoint to spot? I think not. I will never stop there again when traveling with a woman - inappropriate. I know this man is a god to some of you but you don't have to eat the whole egg to know it's rotten.

Cancamo - 11-7-2018 at 10:45 AM

So Coco is an accused con man, never knew...... True story or not,
still have no problem tipping an old crippled guy, l'm sure he isn't sticking a fat hog out there by himself selling the occasional beer.

JoeJustJoe - 11-7-2018 at 01:25 PM

Cancamo, you been suckered, and I hope you realize it.

Apparently, Coco, the handicapped man, is well known as a whopper teller, and if you knew this before hand Cancamo, you would know for sure he was lying. It's usually a compulsion to whopper tellers that they can't control. ( it doesn't matter if they're handicapped or not)

But you didn't know this Cancamo, so I will give you a pass, and I agree with you, you have a handicapped man, if the story is BS or not, why not give him a big tip.

Other possible red flags of a BS story, is the amount of money in the cash register 67,000 thousand pesos, which is over $3500 dollars. Who is that stupid to leave that much money in the cash register and then leave it unattended?

I'm also happy to see more "Nomad" members been more critical of some posts, and just don't automatically believe any story they come across on the internet.

And then again there are always a few suckers who will just believe anything they read.

Sweetwater - 11-7-2018 at 03:12 PM

This is a tough call.
I've stopped in to Coco's every trip I've ridden over the past 10 years.
I've seen him in a fine mood and doing well.
We've gotten photos of him with a half exposed and very pretty woman.
I've seen him not doing well with his health.
I've listened to more than one story that sounded far fetched.
I've known him to be robbed by caretakers during his absences.
I've dropped off supplies donated by friends, an inverter that he needed.
I've signed in each and every time I stop and I always stop in both directions.
I saw him after his truck was stolen from his B'day party and wrecked with the attendant fatality.
I can not imagine him leaving $67,000P with open access to visitors unless he is deteriorating healthwise or mentally.
Has anyone actually corroborated this story?

DaliDali - 11-7-2018 at 03:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

And then again there are always a few suckers who will just believe anything they read.

And then again, there are normal people who would get a chuckle out of it, get another beer, relax another 10 minutes, offer him a 100 pesos and move on down the road.

What fun...haurange an old man with no legs, living alone in a desolate place, happy to see visitors, and pimp him off as some nefarious con man, ready to snatch your every last peso.

pfffff

kevin_in_idaho - 11-8-2018 at 06:15 AM

Terrible news but didn't Coco have another issue like this a few years ago too? I think it was his truck. I photographed his old truck (or one of them) at Campo Beluga (I think).

pacificobob - 11-8-2018 at 06:57 AM

coco helped us out one time when having problems with a husqvarna my buddy was riding. he shared his limited resources and we got on down the road.
I, for one, don't worry about tipping/donating to charitable causes that i suspect may not be 100% legit. and i never woke up a week later and missed the small amount of cash i gave.

[Edited on 11-8-2018 by pacificobob]

chuckie - 11-8-2018 at 07:33 AM

Coco is getting along....leave him alone

BajaRun - 11-8-2018 at 07:43 AM

I've known Coco since he used to work at the Bahia in Ensenada. I stop by for a (1) beer when I pass through nowdays. He is a different person these days and that is understandable but I don't spend time there other than to have a quick beer say hello and adios.

If anyone wants to contribute to him nothing wrong with that. I have given plenty over the years

weebray - 11-8-2018 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaRun  
I've known Coco since he used to work at the Bahia in Ensenada. I stop by for a (1) beer when I pass through nowdays. He is a different person these days and that is understandable but I don't spend time there other than to have a quick beer say hello and adios.

If anyone wants to contribute to him nothing wrong with that. I have given plenty over the years

While I agree with everything you say I have to add that I don't stop by anymore if traveling with a woman. Let's just say it was not pleasant for them.

David K - 11-8-2018 at 10:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
different strokes, personally we stopped visiting Coco decades ago, whether you find him a true baja rockstar legend or just a now cantankerous old buzzard is your choice.....here's a recent trip report that I believe captures the essence of the man. https://kamranonbike.com/cocos-corner/

maybe a go-fund-me page to cover his losses would be nice?:coolup:

That was a great article... does paint Coco in a bit of a dark light, but it sounds factual. I first visited Coco in 2001 and he had one leg then. He was working for Dave & Juanita at Cielito Lindo before he moved to his Corner. A character who has adapted his life (and his stories) to his location.

Here are most of my photos of Coco over the years...

2001:

Desert Rat, Travelpearl, Sarah, and David Eidell pose with Coco at Coco's Corner.

2005:

Elizabeth signs Coco's guest book.
On our next trip through we can see what he draws next to that entry.
Coco adds art and cartoons on the pages to remember his visitors by.

Coco and Elizabeth on Jan. 2, 2005. Also see http://vivabaja.com/coco

2006:

Josh, Coco, Elizabeth

Roy and David get into the photo thanks to some bikers at Coco's Corner.

Coco shows my entry from January 2005 and the one from this day... 'got baja?'

It was good to see that Coco was doing well

2012:

Elizabeth greets an old friend, Coco.

Coco wants a hug!

2015:

2016:

2017:

BajaRun - 11-8-2018 at 10:07 AM

I Probably wouldn't take a "Lady"" to Coco's but I have been there with several "Women" and they took him in stride and we moved on. It's certainly not the highlight or lowlight of any Baja Run !!!

BajaRun - 11-8-2018 at 10:10 AM

If you want to take him anything in particular...He loves Brandy in the winter and Baby Ass Wipes (Huggies)

norte - 11-8-2018 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
This is a tough call.
I saw him after his truck was stolen from his B'day party and wrecked with the attendant fatality.
I can not imagine him leaving $67,000P with open access to visitors unless he is deteriorating healthwise or mentally.

Here we go. That truck was not stolen. He lent it too his good friend the construction worker who was at the party. He said it was stolen so he would not get in trouble with the Federal Police (no insurance). This was straight from him. You can not believe everything he says.

JZ - 11-8-2018 at 08:41 PM

The boxers in Douglas' pic were left by my 2 Mexican friends. Ismael and Edwin. They have their names and say they are from Sonora I believe.

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 11-8-2018 at 09:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Here we go. That truck was not stolen. He lent it too his good friend the construction worker who was at the party. He said it was stolen so he would not get in trouble with the Federal Police (no insurance). This was straight from him. You can not believe everything he says.

Cocoa is so full of chit that his eyes are brown, his name is brown, his panties are brown.

I bet this guy make an average of $75/day telling gringos his BS sob stories. His furniture and wheel chairs are freebies from gringos. They guy is comfortably middle class, enjoying the sel-employed gig, which basically entails ogling girls, drinking beer and spinning stories.

JoeJustJoe - 11-9-2018 at 08:31 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the attraction of "Coco's Corner," where you have a disgusting dirty old man, with a panty fetish, running a minus -5 star, bed and breakfast, from hell.

I would actually be scared to stay at a place like this overnight, and I sure would not bring a woman to this place.

However, now I understand all the fuss about the over priced dive, "Mike's Sky Ranch, " from the likes of nuts like Bajatrailrider, and others, because Mike's Sky Ranch," is the, "Taj Mahal," next to "Coco's Corner."

Quoting Coco: "He held the panties to his nose and slowly inhaled the scent with closed eyes. “What a beautiful woman she was!”

Coco insulting a guest: “Do you want to have a beer or a soda?”

Coco asked me. “Soda, please!”

“No beer?”

“I don’t drink alcohol!”

“You are puto!”

This is disgusting!

This is disgusting, this is creepy, and it's sick!

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

weebray - 11-9-2018 at 08:31 AM

As we spiral down into the quagmire of mudslinging. A lot of wasted vehemence for an insignificant reprobate. Bottom line, unless your girl wears "grab me here" teeshirts you may want to skip this stop. That should be something we agree on.

DouglasP - 11-9-2018 at 09:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Bottom line, unless your girl wears "grab me here" teeshirts you may want to skip this stop. That should be something we agree on.

I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. I know my wife doesn't own any T-shirts like that. :biggrin:

She might get torqued though.

P1240202 (1).jpg - 85kB

P1240206.jpg - 72kB

tobias - 11-9-2018 at 09:35 AM

I am always amazed at how many angry people visit this website

shari - 11-9-2018 at 10:15 AM

well Doug....your post is a bit of a highjack! Part of what people like about the Nomad sandbox is there is minimal interference from moderators. I figure it is like a social gathering....not everybody stays on topic...people shift topics naturally often dependent on alcohol consumption....(nearly)everybody gets their say...thoughts wander, stories wobble about, old codgers rattle on, dirt bikers brap brap, the righteous judge, etc etc....which just reflects how life in baja is!

back to Coco....ahem...as the saying goes here in Mexico...sin comentarios.... which is something akin to..if you dont have something nice to say..dont say anything! I do know Coco has helped a whack of people out over the years and is a Baja legend. Baja has something for everyone!

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by shari]

PamelaP - 11-9-2018 at 12:09 PM

I feel the need to post as I have been a topic of reference and Coco the man.
I have stopped twice so far, and will many more time over the years God willing!
I have never felt threatened or concerned for my safety around Coco.
Unless a female flirts with him, he is respectful, same as most males!
It is understood he is a 'story teller' by nature and plays his situation on visitors for extra tips!
He is part of what is the charm, for lack of a better word, of Baja!
I have questions about his theft story, but this will not stop me from visiting. And tipping!
And JoeJustJoe...you sir, seem to fixated on the 'panty fetish'! :light:

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by PamelaP]

advrider - 11-9-2018 at 04:02 PM

I've been stopping in for a beer and a story for years, always with good results. I took my wife several years ago just so she could see for herself, Coco was very plesant and respectful. On our way out I tried to buy a six pack of beer to go and he wouldn't take my money! It's Coco's, he runs it how he want's, if you don't like it don't stop.

JoeJustJoe - 11-9-2018 at 04:38 PM

Apparently this Coco, is a con artist/BS artist, who preys upon unsuspecting gringo bike riders, and whoever else stops by with tall tales by Coco, and offers of free sleeping areas on his place.

It's funny, reading these blogs by people who stop by Coco, and write these long trip report, full of Coco, BS stories, like Coco, telling them he was an original Baja 1000 racer, or he is related to Pancho Villa, and just one BS story one after another.

Nothing is free in life, and I would be very suspect of any stranger, especially some freak with a panty fetish offering to let you stay at his place for free. It looks like he also enjoys watching people take showers!

What happens is most people feel obligated to pay him back for his so-called hospitality, and then you end up falling for one of Coco's scams he plays on his guests with whatever story he thinks will work.

So instead of paying him 100 pesos to stay at Coco's, many people end up giving him 1000 pesos or more, if you fall for his stories. But I bet nobody will admit this.

From some blogger's highlights, and she seems more interested in telling a good story, than giving a critical review of Coco's corner.

“Come in Cabrones I’m here. Look you stay here tonight, over there is an old camper van you can sleep there. Just remove the stone from the door and you can come in, of course this place is for free”, he said to us just as he saw us coming in. “I will just ask you two things: fill up the bucket with water go to the pink shack and take a bloody shower, do not worry there is no one there so don´t be afraid to get in the nude, balls in the air.
______

: Coco is full of surprises, he grew up in a relatively wealthy family form Ensenada. He said to me, “That flocking life was not for me boy, I love adventure and other things”. He likes to cut important news form newspapers and likes to read about history. He showed me pictures of his uncle the great and famous Pancho Villa. His aunt was married to Pancho and he had a picture of the both of them signed by her aunt.
_____
He charges absolutely nothing to cyclists when they want to stay a night inside. The same rule goes for anyone really. On the window where he serves the people who want to buy a soda from him or cookies and stuff, he has a jar where you can donate money to a girl who is looking to fund her medicine studies. He helps everyone he can.
________
I know for a fact that many celebrities have signed his book. He told us about the tragedy of his 5th guest book, one of his most precious objects that got stolen. “A couple of flocked up gringos took It from me. They said they wanted sodas to drink and while I was serving them, one of them entered my room and stole it away from me. All I heard was one of them saying to the other ‘I got it..I got it let`s go’.”He told us that he did not understand what was going on, but it was already too late. “I should have known”, he said to me. “There was another couple months back that tried to steel it from me. That time I did notice and chased them up the highway on my quad. I took my shotgun with me, although I had no charges for it. I got them and asked nicely to give me back my book. Of course they didn’t. The second time I put the gun at the man’s chest and asked again. They gave me my book back and I told them that they should give me 100 USD for the night that they had spent at mine, that I don’t usually charge but that they deserved to pay. After the man gave me the money I took the shot, and of course there was no bullet. I laughed and said to them to go to hell.”

http://www.tastingtravels.com/coco-cocos-corner/

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Bubba - 11-9-2018 at 04:51 PM

Apparently this Coco, is a con artist/BS artist, who preys upon unsuspecting gringo bike riders, and whoever else stops by with tall tales by Coco, and offers of free sleeping areas on his place.

It's funny, reading these blogs by people who stop by Coco, and write these long trip report, full of Coco, BS stories, like Coco, telling them he was an original Baja 1000 racer, or he is related to Pancho Villa, and just one BS story one after another.

Nothing is free in life, and I would be very suspect of any stranger, especially some freak with a panty fetish offering to let you stay at his place for free. It looks like he also enjoys watching people take showers!

What happens is most people feel obligated to pay him back for his so-called hospitality, and then you end up falling for one of Coco's scams he plays on his guests with whatever story he thinks will work.

So instead of paying him 100 pesos to stay at Coco's, many people end up giving him 1000 pesos or more, if you fall for his stories. But I bet nobody will admit this.

Careful Cowboy, your head is going to explode.

David K - 11-9-2018 at 04:59 PM

Snowflakes should not go to Coco's Corner... if you are that easily offended or can't stand your ground against legless Coco!

He is what he is... and you can always leave!
Coco is just a special character who lives on the side of the road. Stop or not... it is your choice.

Back in the Amigos de Baja days, one regular said Coco would throw out tire hazards so he could get tire repair customers, claims he always got flats near Coco's. I have never seen Coco advertise tire repairs.

Don't go there if you don't want, but don't make up a bunch of hate about his humor, panty collection, etc. Some of us go to Baja because we see or enjoy things there we can't see in the U.S. Coco is something we would never see in the U.S. We have driven by more times than we have stopped. Just an occasional curiosity for a guy who has a lot of stories to tell. He also has been in a couple of motion pictures and TV shows about Baja.

A Nomad many years ago asked if I would make a web page for Coco. He sent me a few photos plus I had one from John M of his wife giving Coco a haircut. This had to be about 15 years ago?
http://www.vivabaja.com/coco/

David K - 11-9-2018 at 05:27 PM

I enjoyed your post and your wife's, too.
Thanks for joining Nomad and not letting the haters chase you away!:biggrin:

thebajarunner - 11-9-2018 at 05:43 PM

Agreed....Coco is who he is.
If you don't like it, just keep going
Yeah, we all heard those stories about him scattering trash to cause flats..... I put those in the same category as Coco's tales, just grin and keep on keeping on.
We always get a kick out of his tall tales, and no, I have never seen him act improperly.

My best guess..... neither the goat nor the Joe person have ever been to the Corner, nor have they ever met him in person,
just an educated guess.

Cold beer for a buck! Always.....
Even when we have cooler full of our own, it is always worth hearing some tall tales to buy a few from the old guy.

My favorite quote was years ago I said "Coco, I need to take a leak" to which he responded "Psss anywhere, I need the water"

DouglasP - 11-9-2018 at 08:24 PM

Sittin in Los Angeleeees, bringing in a couple a keeys......posting from the tarmac, yo. :biggrin:

bajaBEATS - 11-9-2018 at 08:31 PM

yo, i dont speak stoopid but i think joe was trying to say dem drawers be lookin to small for yall you feell?

[Edited on 11-10-2018 by bajaBEATS]

chuckie - 11-10-2018 at 04:09 AM

Is that English you are attempting to speak?

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2018 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Snowflakes should not go to Coco's Corner... if you are that easily offended or can't stand your ground against legless Coco!

He is what he is... and you can always leave!
Coco is just a special character who lives on the side of the road. Stop or not... it is your choice.

Back in the Amigos de Baja days, o

Don't go there if you don't want, but don't make up a bunch of hate about his humor, panty collection, etc. Some of us go to Baja because we see or enjoy things there we can't see in the U.S. Coco is something we would never see in the U.S. We have driven by more times than we have stopped. Just an occasional curiosity for a guy who has a lot of stories to tell. He also has been in a couple of motion pictures and TV shows about Baja.

A Nomad many years ago asked if I would make a web page for Coco. He sent me a few photos plus I had one from John M of his wife giving Coco a haircut. This had to be about 15 years ago?
http://www.vivabaja.com/coco/

David K. I for one do not find Coco, or anyone else throwing out tire hazards on the road, so cars or motorcycles could get a flat tire amusing like you.

I consider it dangerous and possibly criminal behavior.

Just because Coco, didn't advertise tire repair service, doesn't mean he didn't do this, because I suspect he makes money off the gullible guests that do stop by, and give him money after he tell them some sob story.

I also will not stop at an establishment where the owner brags about chasing down guests in his vehicle, and then holding a shot gun to their head, and then shooting the unloaded gun to their heads!

True or not, this is a sign of an unstable person in need of mental help.

David, I assure you that I'm not a "Snowflake," because for one reason, I don't get my panties in a bunch when I hear a gringo, gets killed in Mexico, like many around here do. I don't panic, and I believe although tragic, life goes on, and it could happen anywhere.

During my years in Mexico, I have hung out at some of the most sleazy bars, in Tijuana, Ensenada, Cancun, and other places in Mexico, where some of the most beautiful women in Mexico, dance on stage, and sometimes remove their panties! ( and no I don't ask for a used pair, but I do leave a tip while I'm drinking tequila and relaxing)

I'm sorry, but my idea of fun is not seeing a dirty old man with stumps for legs sniffing soiled panties and then telling over-the-top stories, after he looks you over, and figures out which story will work that will separate you from your money.

Many gringos do not know this is an art in Mexico, and at many poor countries around the world. And it's so funny to watch, a so-called highly educated gringo, falling for these tall tales, and then open their wallets, although I suspect bikers, do not have too much money in their wallets.

Hanging panties all over the bar, is not just innocent fun, most of these guys have a real panty fetish, and a fresh pair of panties does not get them off. What they want is a used pair with a strong scent. Sadly, there are women, usually American, women way past their prime, willing to give guys like Coco, their panties right in the bar!

And while it could be that Coco, is just a harmless old man, which I doubt. There is also the fact, these type attract other lowlifes, and who knows what they are capable of doing........although at Coco's I would be more concerned about bed bugs than weirdos hanging out at the roach motel.

And no David K. you can't always leave, if you remember the "Roach motel's motto, roaches check in, but they don't check out!

DouglasP - 11-10-2018 at 10:21 AM

Well, this is quite interesting a bunch of my posts in this thread have disappeared. The one with Coco pointing to the wall with the big red panties, the dopey meme of the guy sitting in the rocking chair talking about arguing politics on the internet.

I've been scrubbed with bleach bit it seems.:o
Funny place...:?:

DouglasP - 11-10-2018 at 10:52 AM

But, David said he liked my posts :(

David K - 11-10-2018 at 10:54 AM

J.J.J. stop the fake news. Nowhere did I say causing flats is amusing but I also said it was an old Amigo de Baja poster who claimed this happened, not me.
You really want us to believe Coco chased a tourist driving by, and held a gun to them? That's the first time I heard that yarn! By the time Coco could get into his truck and drive and catch up, the tourist would be at Gonzaga Bay.

Douglas, only you or the moderator (Doug Means) can delete or move your posts and Doug rarely does so... it has to be an extreme violation. Perhaps it was an accidental removal?

DouglasP - 11-10-2018 at 11:00 AM

While I appreciate your response, with all due respect, there is no way I accidentally deleted several posts. My wife either.
Funny place.....

David K - 11-10-2018 at 11:06 AM

Indeed! I also meant Doug may have, accidentally. I will ask him.

DouglasP - 11-10-2018 at 11:08 AM

Thank you.

norte - 11-10-2018 at 03:35 PM

Sorry David, but most Mexicans would think that sniffing panties is over the top. Its not just snowflakes. Most would think only perverts enjoy that.

David K - 11-10-2018 at 04:03 PM

norte, again that is nothing I agree with. Just like the causing flats, it is a hear-say rumor. You guys hear a fake news item or rumor that supports your opinion and then pass it along as fact... shame!

JoeJustJoe - 11-10-2018 at 04:25 PM

J.J.J. stop the fake news. Nowhere did I say causing flats is amusing but I also said it was an old Amigo de Baja poster who claimed this happened, not me.
You really want us to believe Coco chased a tourist driving by, and held a gun to them? That's the first time I heard that yarn! By the time Coco could get into his truck and drive and catch up, the tourist would be at Gonzaga Bay.

Douglas, only you or the moderator (Doug Means) can delete or move your posts and Doug rarely does so... it has to be an extreme violation. Perhaps it was an accidental removal?

Sorry David K, if you think my posts are fake new and I'm putting words in your mouth you never said.

Clearly I get the impression you're down playing some of Coco's internet stories that border on crazy, or you make excuses for him, for example regarding throwing tire hazards on the road. The implied excuse you gave Coco, is you never seen him advertise tire repairs.

My answer to that is perhaps Coco is not interested in fixing flat tires, as he is getting guest to stop by so he could squeeze money from them with his shtick.

There are stories on the internet about Coco, tearing down Baja 500 signs near his property, because he felt the race sponsors owed him money.

I didn't make it up that Coco, was chasing guys on his property with a shotgun. This was posted by some female blogger who stopped by Coco's, and she repeated the story Coco, told her.

I'm not sure if I believe the story myself, but I was looking at Coco's mindset. My education is in Psychology, and I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

Regarding Douglas, he is new here, but you don't have to hold his hand. Clearly, some of Douglas' posts were insulting, and they were taken down, as well as a couple of my posts were also deleted, as well as other members had their posts deleted in this thread.

Accept it.... it's not our site.

Paco Facullo - 11-10-2018 at 08:08 PM

Hey, Coco is for sure a colorful character, that said , he is a part of which makes Baja what it is.

Full of chit? Sure he is.

Pervert for liking the smell of Women's panties ? ????

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... OOH-RAH !!!

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by Paco Facullo]

DouglasP - 11-10-2018 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
well Doug.... Part of what people like about the Nomad sandbox is there is minimal interference from moderators.

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by shari]

You might want to rethink that one.
Maybe minimal (like zero) feedback from Doug while he deletes posts is a better way to put it. His gig, he can run it how he sees fit.
Funny place.....

Paco Facullo - 11-10-2018 at 09:26 PM

Goat quote'
"The only people that seek out coco are marooons, the type of people that detract from the human condition."

Yes Goat , I admit I'm a Marooon since I like Coco. ( as per your assumptions )

BUT I ask you " What exactly IS the Human condition ?" That of which you speak of ??

JohnJohn - 11-10-2018 at 09:43 PM

Mexicans, as anyone who has spent ten minutes with one will know, are far too canny to leave large amounts of money laying around like that. And so I call b..lls...t.

And I do know him. Very well.

motoged - 11-10-2018 at 10:29 PM

.....I'm not sure if I believe the story myself, but I was looking at Coco's mindset. My education is in Psychology, and I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

JJJ,
Having a similar education and practice background and generally appreciate your posts, and also having sat with Coco on at least a dozen occasions by myself, with a few other riders, and when vehicles with mixed sexes have been there as a randomly formed group.... I experienced Coco differently. In all milieus Coco was certainly oriented to time and space and coherent on a range of spectrums. He played up the panty bit when I was there because many of the males would egg it on in that locker room way. When women were present he was either totally appropriate, or would respond to questions and statements travelers made... which opened up a joking session.....I was never offended in any of those situations. I have not seen Coco ask women for their panties....but on one occasion a woman offered a pair unsolicited.

I had run a S.O. treatment program for 11 years and had my fill of that ilk....but wouldn't put Coco in that class...

Yes, he will BS for the reasons most people do...Yes friends have had flats there....but who knows where the puncture initiated.

I am not enamoured with him ...but respect the life he has carved for himself. I have given him personal donations aside from buying his beer....and when his second leg was amputated I orchestrated a fund drive on the ADV Rider forum that netted $5000 for a rugged wheelchair....Coco used it for a truck which was his preference.... which was cool with all the riders who donated...

I do not feel conned and my radar is on.

I wouldn't do that for a guy like you describe.

I do not believe he is dangerous or at any significant risk to others...and if he chased someone with a shotgun, they probably deserved it

Just my one peso perspective :coolup:

willardguy - 11-10-2018 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Hey, Coco is for sure a colorful character, that said , he is a part of which makes Baja what it is.

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... BOO-RAH !!!

uh its "OORAH" :rolleyes:...and on their birthday:no:...nuff said?

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by willardguy]

JZ - 11-10-2018 at 11:48 PM

I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

I'm not a big Coco fan personally. But at least I've met him a dozen times. He is an interesting character and so is the place.

But, this JJJ guy is a freak and a charlatan. Guy just sits in his house typing nonsense about stuff he knows nothing about.

Having never met Coco or been to the place, yet he thinks he knows something?? Wut?

Ppl should never read another word he types on this site again.

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by JZ]

willardguy - 11-11-2018 at 12:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

I'm not a big Coco fan personally. But at least I've met him a dozen times. He is an interesting character and so is the place.

But, this JJJ guy is a freak and a charlatan. Guy just sits in his house typing nonsense about stuff he knows nothing about.

Having never met Coco or been to the place, yet he thinks he knows something?? Wut?

hey amigo me and my half dozen alias's are stoked your family wasn't impacted by the fires, hopefully the worse is over!:coolup:

JZ - 11-11-2018 at 12:41 AM

Thx. We had to leave. Hoping to go back tomorrow.

No power at the house since Thursday night.

willardguy - 11-11-2018 at 12:49 AM

Thx. We had to leave. Hoping to go back tomorrow.

No power at the house since Thursday night.

buena suerte, hope they're wrong about the winds back on monday, scary chit for sure.:no:

DouglasP - 11-11-2018 at 07:38 AM

Exactly what I've been trying to say. You said it in a much more articulate and succinct way. Bravo.
Is there an ignore function on this forum? :biggrin:

Marc - 11-11-2018 at 07:41 AM

I used to stop with otc meds for him. I don't stop anymore.

JoeJustJoe - 11-11-2018 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... BOO-RAH !!!

Paco what are you nuts?

You see Coco's Corner, "part of which makes Baja what it is!"

That's like saying, if the "Bates Motel" from the movie, " Psycho," was real, that the "Bates Motel, " represents South West America.

It's deeply offensive to Mexico, and the Mexican people, that you see Coco's as representing Baja. I think the "Bates Motel" was a much more classy joint compared to Coco's. Not even Norman Bates, hung and sniffed panties in front of the motel guests.

I watched the movie, " The scent of a women," with Al Pacino, a couple of times through the years, and I must have missed the scene where Al Pacino, was sniffing used panties, and reliving his memories.

If I recall, the Al Pacino, character, pretty much picked up on young woman, make a correct guess on the perfume the woman was wearing, and then danced the Tango with her. I really liked the end of the movie, where Pacino, tears into that Military head master, and the school...then he saves the day for his young military school student friend.

Paco Facullo - 11-11-2018 at 09:47 AM

JJJ, please don't get your "panties in a bunch"

Fact is there are meny more people here in support of Coco than not.

Like it or not, Coco is a well known character and he lives in Baja , so he can't help but to be a genuine part of what makes Baja Baja.

Comparing him to Norman at the Bates Motel was quite the reach... HaHa But nice try.... Gave me a laugh.................

JoeJustJoe - 11-11-2018 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

JJJ,
Having a similar education and practice background and generally appreciate your posts, and also having sat with Coco on at least a dozen occasions by myself, with a few other riders, and when vehicles with mixed sexes have been there as a randomly formed group.... I experienced Coco differently. In all milieus Coco was certainly oriented to time and space and coherent on a range of spectrums. He played up the panty bit when I was there because many of the males would egg it on in that locker room way. When women were present he was either totally appropriate, or would respond to questions and statements travelers made... which opened up a joking session.....I was never offended in any of those situations. I have not seen Coco ask women for their panties....but on one occasion a woman offered a pair unsolicited.

Motoged, your opinion, is one of the few opinions I respect on "Baja Nomad," and I will admit, I never met Coco, and I could be wrong.

Then again, what I hear about Coco, is something I'm very familiar with and it's part of Mexico's subculture among the poor and especially in sleezy bars and I think it' something that's going right over the heads of many gringos.

Pretty Mexican women, are a lot better at this type of game than Coco, who usually give their American marks, enough rope and free stuff, so they hang themselves, and the Americans, end up giving up most of their cash to these cunning Mexican females. For example these women, usually supposedly have a family member that needs a life saving operation to save their life, that is usually the same amount the Americans have in the bank. After the females get their money and the Americans max out their credit cards, they are dumped when the Mexican female finds a new hapless guy with money in his pockets.

I am also not surprised that on "occasion a woman offered a pair of panties unsolicited." I suspect it happens more than once, and I bet the unsolicited panties, are coming from American women, who slip off their panties right there in the bar with the encouragement from the male patrons.

You often see type of behavior, from American women, past their prime, in bars in Tijuana, and even Las Vegas, wanting to get up on the stage and dancing like a young female stripper, with the encouragement from their husbands, that have been convinced his wife is still hot. The husbands, of course are wrong and it is mostly sad, seeing a drunk American woman, trying to shake it up on the stage, and it's something I rather not see at a place like Coco's.

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

I am not enamoured with him ...but respect the life he has carved for himself. I have given him personal donations aside from buying his beer....and when his second leg was amputated I orchestrated a fund drive on the ADV Rider forum that netted $5000 for a rugged wheelchair....Coco used it for a truck which was his preference.... which was cool with all the riders who donated...

Why am I not surprised that Coco, received a new rugged wheelchair. I suspect, Coco, receives a lot of free stuff from his generous guests, and it's all because Coco, is such a generous guy who offers free room and board, and low costs beers.

Then again, some others, may see Coco, as cunning like a fox, and his freebies are nothing but his casting a line and seeing what he could reel in.........

pacificobob - 11-11-2018 at 03:25 PM

are you all just about finished deciding if coco is a saint or s-head?

motoged - 11-11-2018 at 05:45 PM

.... I am also not surprised that on "occasion a woman offered a pair of panties unsolicited." I suspect it happens more than once, and I bet the unsolicited panties, are coming from American women, who slip off their panties right there in the bar with the encouragement from the male patrons.

You often see type of behavior, from American women, past their prime....

Nope....I know the scene you are talking about and I never saw that kind of depravity....the woman got a pair from her luggage...not a sleazy bar-room vibe...just folks having a smile and a chuckle and a beer/refresco or two....

But your imagination is vivid ;)

mtgoat666 - 11-11-2018 at 06:01 PM

To sum it all up, we have decided that Misogynists and men stuck in 13year-old-puberty, ala beavis/butthead, think coco is the bomb. Most Adults and typical normal people think he is chithead caveman.

willardguy - 11-11-2018 at 06:09 PM

obviously not bob........

Sweetwater - 11-11-2018 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
This is a tough call.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that part. Liability is a harsh mistress.
lol
Although none of this has anything to do with whether Coco was robbed.
So after breezing through several contentious pages,
Has anybody verified this tale of theft of $67,000P?
I'm still skeptical.
And impressed with those that can beat a dead horse to disintegration.
roflmao

DouglasP - 11-11-2018 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

To sum it all up, we have decided that Misogynists and men stuck in 13year-old-puberty, ala beavis/butthead, think coco is the bomb. Most Adults and typical normal people think he is chithead caveman.

Again, this passes as a civil post.

Funny place.......

4x4abc - 11-11-2018 at 09:10 PM

I have taken foreigners through Baja for 30 years. We almost always stop at Coco's when in the area. I have never heard a single word of complaint about Coco from my (adult) clients. Pretty much all women were thrilled to leave some dirty underwear with Coco.
Yeah, I have heard stories from him about being robbed. Happens, I thought. Never crossed my mind he might be propping up his donations. He must have copied that from some politicians. Smart man.
Also, as a cripple, to wait at home for donations versus sitting next to the road in the middle of nowhere Coco picked the better option.

For me Coco has always been an inspiration. Life dealt you a bad hand? So what. Get out and create something (string cans on a wire, build airplanes on a pole, arrange old toilets around a defunct TV, plant something, build something - tell stories (use all the creative freedom a writer would use - or a politician).

If you want to not like him, hate him - heck, go ahead. I don't care. Coco does not care/

caj13 - 11-12-2018 at 11:03 AM

norte, again that is nothing I agree with. Just like the causing flats, it is a hear-say rumor. You guys hear a fake news item or rumor that supports your opinion and then pass it along as fact... shame!

Thats truely funny david. You - the king of "anything anyone says that does not fit to my personal bias - is Fake news!"

your overlord has taught (brainwashed) you well!

so according to you: hundreds of individuals who don't know each other have gotten together and concocted a plot to write fake stories spanning years and years about CoCo! Have I got that right?

any idea why they would all decide to take their time and energy to do that that? what would be their motivation? what are they looking to gain? and who would be the organizer / leader of this nefarious plot!

JoeJustJoe - 11-12-2018 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  

Funny place.......

Does anybody have a tissue you could give DouglasP?

The guy is killing me!

David K - 11-12-2018 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Thats truely funny david. You - the king of "anything anyone says that does not fit to my personal bias - is Fake news!"

your overlord has taught (brainwashed) you well!

so according to you: hundreds of individuals who don't know each other have gotten together and concocted a plot to write fake stories spanning years and years about CoCo! Have I got that right?

any idea why they would all decide to take their time and energy to do that that? what would be their motivation? what are they looking to gain? and who would be the organizer / leader of this nefarious plot!

No caj, my personal views has ZERO to do with it. Facts vs. Rumors is what I am referring to. Saying I agree with causing flats, or holding up tourists, or being gross to strangers are all lies because I do NOT agree with that kind of behavior. THAT is the fake news.

Personally, I question that all those events happened because unlike a few here, I have been to Coco's Corner several times the past 18 years so I have an opinion. Hating a Mexican businessman and celebrity based on hearsay rumors is not cool unless it really happened to you. Coco's humor is a bit warped when it comes to his panty collection, but he allows 'alternative' thinking... so lighten up on the old guy.

Here is my stepson and trophy truck fabricator/ mechanic Josh putting up a pair of his boxers, all in good fun (2006):

Here is Hollywood actor Marland Burke (one of by 2016 Baja Extreme Tour guests) putting up a bottle of Born and Bred vodka (from his friend Channing Tatum) with a Jackalope as the logo. The next photo shows Coco looking up while Marland hammers:

willardguy - 11-12-2018 at 12:31 PM

Funny place.......

The guy is killing me!

somebody needs to........

TMW - 11-12-2018 at 01:45 PM

We stopped by Cocos this past Saturday and he never mentioned anything about having money stolen, at least not around me. He did say he needed two tires for his truck. All 4 are worn pretty good, especially for that road near his place.

JoeJustJoe - 11-12-2018 at 05:06 PM

No caj, my personal views has ZERO to do with it. Facts vs. Rumors is what I am referring to. Saying I agree with causing flats, or holding up tourists, or being gross to strangers are all lies because I do NOT agree with that kind of behavior. THAT is the fake news.

Personally, I question that all those events happened because unlike a few here, I have been to Coco's Corner several times the past 18 years so I have an opinion. Hating a Mexican businessman and celebrity based on hearsay rumors is not cool unless it really happened to you. Coco's humor is a bit warped when it comes to his panty collection, but he allows 'alternative' thinking... so lighten up on the old guy.

David K, your opinions about Coco, are not facts.

Just because you met someone doesn't mean you know everything about them. There are many "Baja Nomad" members who are the kindest persons you could meet at an event, but later you find out they have a criminal record, suffer from a mental illness, and nothing they wrote about themselves on the internet was remotely true.

Again a lot of these statements attributed to Coco, were directly from Coco, to these bloggers who visited the "corner," and later wrote about the experience. The statement are troublesome if they are true, or even if the statements are made up they are still troublesome, because they go to Coco's mindset.

If you go back to the OP first post in this thread. I think most members here could pretty much conclude, it's nothing but a Coco whopper, of being robbed of 67000 pesos, although there are always a few that believe anything written on the internet.

Don't give him a pass, before asking yourself, why Coco, is telling big whoppers? What's his reward?

So Coco, is a Mexican businessman and celebrity? Really?

And just because you are infamous, does not mean you're a celebrity.

bajatrailrider - 11-12-2018 at 05:12 PM

Well look who is talking the king butt face if you and you brother Joe joe where gone this would be decent site. You losers need new job as this one not working:?:

DouglasP - 11-13-2018 at 07:01 AM

Funny place.......

The guy is killing me!

No hanky needed, just pointing out the irony.
Funny place.......

Bubba - 11-13-2018 at 08:24 AM

No hanky needed, just pointing out the irony.
Funny place.......[/rquote]

Welcome to Baja Nomad.