BajaNomad

Wanted to buy-camper shell for Dodge '94-02

shari - 11-9-2018 at 09:59 AM

I have an awesome shell for ya...all aluminum, insulated and built in bed boards that are removable too leaving benches on the sides for sitting on or putting stuff on.

brewer - 11-10-2018 at 10:17 AM

Thanks Shari, I had to edit. It would be for a full size 8 ft. bed.

[Edited on 12-19-2018 by brewer]

carlosg - 11-13-2018 at 02:06 PM

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/full-size-lon...

David K - 11-13-2018 at 02:49 PM

Did you see this post today? http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=91637

brewer - 11-14-2018 at 11:25 AM

Thanks David K. I've had several Callen's over the years, at least 8 on all of my various rigs in the past. I'm getting rid of my current Callen because it was built so crappy. The frame inside is broken and my outer skin is ripping. This is the only Callen I've seen do this. Thousands of Baja miles, I know. In the past the Callen would break the truck bed, this is the opposite. I bought this one used and have a feeling it was made when Scott, Jim Callen's son ran the company into the ground. I know quality suffered then. I had a new one ordered and it took four months to get it after I said I need it in a week for a Baja trip. He said he would start building it. Slapped it together in 3 days.

I wonder if they still offer their lifetime warranty, doubtful. So I'm going back to a basic shell for now until I decide what to try out next.

Thanks for sharing the news about Callen back in business.

David K - 11-14-2018 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by brewer  
Thanks David K. I've had several Callen's over the years, at least 8 on all of my various rigs in the past. I'm getting rid of my current Callen because it was built so crappy. The frame inside is broken and my outer skin is ripping. This is the only Callen I've seen do this. Thousands of Baja miles, I know. In the past the Callen would break the truck bed, this is the opposite. I bought this one used and have a feeling it was made when Scott, Jim Callen's son ran the company into the ground. I know quality suffered then. I had a new one ordered and it took four months to get it after I said I need it in a week for a Baja trip. He said he would start building it. Slapped it together in 3 days.

I wonder if they still offer their lifetime warranty, doubtful. So I'm going back to a basic shell for now until I decide what to try out next.

All you can do is ask... Wouldn't be great PR if they did, for a Baja Nomad?

CallenCamper - 11-25-2018 at 09:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

brewer:

Feel free to give us a call or swing on by the shop. Jim is back in the mix and we are building them with with the same high quality that our shells are known for. Always good to hear feedback from the hard users of the Callen shells.

larryC - 11-27-2018 at 08:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CallenCamper  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

brewer:

Feel free to give us a call or swing on by the shop. Jim is back in the mix and we are building them with with the same high quality that our shells are known for. Always good to hear feedback from the hard users of the Callen shells.

I talked to Jimmy last week and he told he was going to go in and work for you part time for a while. He is one funny crazy guy, and he knows how to put together a good camper shell. I have had Callen cabovers and shells since '86. One time I rolled my truck with a Callen slide in shell on it and the shell was still usable but the truck needed lots of repair. I have lots of respect for how well they are made.