BajaNomad

Silverado break-in

thebajarunner - 11-10-2018 at 06:08 PM

One of my business partners (who also ran a couple of Baja 500s with me until he decided to go boat racing) recently bought a brand new Chev Silverado.
He had it parked in front of our welding products store on a busy day and security cams of ours and across the street told the amazing story.

Guy pulls up and parks next to the truck. Gets out, opens his own trunk, takes out a little black box, gets back in his car and fiddles with the box for a couple minutes. Casually climbs out, goes over and opens the "locked" door on the pickup and took wallet, tools, and some other neat stuff. 30 seconds later he is driving away, license plates of course somewhat smudged with mud.

Amazing new world we are living in...

As my old pappy used to say "Locks are to keep honest people honest"

woody with a view - 11-10-2018 at 06:28 PM

All that newfangled Internet connected backup cameras and what not.

Stickers - 11-10-2018 at 06:54 PM

He couldn't do that with an old Silverado. Would have to break the window.
All this new technology needs rethinking.

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2018 at 08:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
One of my business partners (who also ran a couple of Baja 500s with me until he decided to go boat racing) recently bought a brand new Chev Silverado.
He had it parked in front of our welding products store on a busy day and security cams of ours and across the street told the amazing story.

Guy pulls up and parks next to the truck. Gets out, opens his own trunk, takes out a little black box, gets back in his car and fiddles with the box for a couple minutes. Casually climbs out, goes over and opens the "locked" door on the pickup and took wallet, tools, and some other neat stuff. 30 seconds later he is driving away, license plates of course somewhat smudged with mud.

Amazing new world we are living in...

As my old pappy used to say "Locks are to keep honest people honest"

Always look on the bright side of life — the truck was not stolen! It’s only stuff!