BajaNomad

Drug Sniffing Dog

Diver - 3-13-2005 at 09:31 PM

Last year on the way down, we stopped at the Chula Vista Marina RV Park for a night with plans to cross early the following morning. I tied our yellow lab behind the camper while we reorganized some gear.

He is not usually a digger but I noticed him getting pretty serious about digging a hole near a landscape bush. Not wanting to get booted for tearing up the place, I went to stop the dog and re-fill the hole.

As I started, I noticed a film can and another can in a baggie..... ?
My pooch had dub up someone's pot stash and pipe!!

After some thought, I re-buried the stash along with a note that my doggie liked finding it but we don't smoke.

When we got back to Chula Vista for an evening on our return, 6 weeks later, we had reserved the same camp spot. When I glanced at the spot near the bushes, I noticed a new small red flag and dug up spot again.

Can you believe it, the druggie left me 2 burried bottles of Corona and a thank you note for leaving his stash ! Of course, I shared the beer with my dog !

Great story diver!

Tim - 3-13-2005 at 10:25 PM

What a great and funny ending to this story! :)

Thank you so much for sharing.

yankeeirishman - 3-14-2005 at 07:47 AM

I thought I left you two bottles of Coors?! Great story dude!

Coronas? Coronas?

Ken Bondy - 3-14-2005 at 08:30 AM

For what you did he should have left Pacificos, at least.

Good story, thanks

++Ken++

GOOD DOGGIE!!

azusa_bob - 3-14-2005 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver

As I started, I noticed a film can and another can in a baggie..... ?
My pooch had dub up someone's pot stash and pipe!!

I hope you gave him a treat!!

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

Debra - 3-14-2005 at 01:56 PM

Guess the pot smoking 'baby boomers' are getting old (oh yeah, whoops! me too...) everytime I've stayed at the Marina I've only seen the "elderly" :biggrin:

Pacifico, I'm not a beer drinker (ever) , but, any of my Baja pals would tell you different, nothing better at the end of a hot dusty trail!

woody with a view - 3-14-2005 at 04:23 PM

yes, good dog!

reminds me of some "friends" who used to stop in the center divide southbound at the coronado ave. overpass and stash their weed in the weeds. on the way home from a day at the beach we'd, um, i mean THEY:lol: would stop at the same overpass on the northbound side and pick some weeds, so to speak!

JESSE - 3-14-2005 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
For what you did he should have left Pacificos, at least.

Good story, thanks

++Ken++

I agree;)