BajaNomad

Isla el Gallo in Mulege

4x4abc - 12-3-2018 at 07:23 PM

does any of you local experts know if the point at Isla el Gallo in Mulege have a name? Punta el Gallo?

C205Driver - 12-3-2018 at 08:18 PM

.... When I last flew down ( no longer flying ) and landed at San Felipe ( MMSF ) you weren’t allowed to put down Mulege as your destination; you had to put down Punta Gallallita ( little chicken ) or else they would not process your “ flight plan”.... Dunno if that helps but I been drinking.....

motoged - 12-3-2018 at 08:27 PM

Two interesting bits of information....:biggrin:

David K - 12-3-2018 at 10:20 PM

The Hotel Serenidad could (also) not be named as the destination airport even though it was their runway. At least Senterfitt respected the name of Don Johnson's work.

4x4abc - 12-3-2018 at 11:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
.... When I last flew down ( no longer flying ) and landed at San Felipe ( MMSF ) you weren’t allowed to put down Mulege as your destination; you had to put down Punta Gallallita ( little chicken ) or else they would not process your “ flight plan”.... Dunno if that helps but I been drinking.....

most interesting!
however, Google does not recognize Gallallita as Spanish
could be Gallinita

David K - 12-4-2018 at 12:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  

most interesting!
however, Google does not recognize Gallallita as Spanish
could be Gallinita

The airstrip at the Hotel Serenidad is officially designated "El Gallito"... here is from the Baja Bush Pilots website Google Map:
El Gallito - Hotel Serenidad Airstrip

C205Driver - 12-4-2018 at 07:42 AM

....Please read the last sentence in my post above....

David K - 12-4-2018 at 10:06 AM

Does Mexican aviation spell it that way, or is that the post-tequila way? Punta Gallallita?
LOL have a nice December C205!