BajaNomad

Menu 1950s Riviera Pacifico

okiegumbo - 12-9-2018 at 06:06 PM

As a child, my parents often traveled to Ensenada to go fishing. I remember going to dinner one night at the Riviera Pacifico. I saved the menu. Broiled lobster, frog legs a la Florentine, Shaslelick tartare were each $4.00. The chefs name was Enrico Arzuffi. A picture of the menu is attached. It opens with paint and is very readable, Not sure about software.

IMG_6497.jpg 1.jpg - 42kB

willardguy - 12-9-2018 at 06:21 PM

very cool! remember what you had?

okiegumbo - 12-10-2018 at 12:25 PM

Willardguy:
I don't remember what I had but I suspect shrimp even though it's not on the menu. I do remember eating tacos near the pier. There were several old army tents and taco stands in a field next to the pier. The tacos were cooked in an improvised "wok" made by beating down the top of a fifty-five gallon barrel. They cut an opening in the side barrel and cooked with wood. My parents chartered out of Gordo's Landing.

Bubba - 12-10-2018 at 02:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by okiegumbo  
Willardguy:
I don't remember what I had but I suspect shrimp even though it's not on the menu. I do remember eating tacos near the pier. There were several old army tents and taco stands in a field next to the pier. The tacos were cooked in an improvised "wok" made by beating down the top of a fifty-five gallon barrel. They cut an opening in the side barrel and cooked with wood. My parents chartered out of Gordo's Landing.

Some neat nostalgia there!

carlosg - 12-10-2018 at 04:03 PM

Nice video, unfortunately its in Spanish.... enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk-z6rXRoEo

Daventec - 3-8-2019 at 02:29 PM

Would love to try those out.

Bajazly - 3-8-2019 at 06:13 PM

Frog legs, ate many as a kid on the farm in Tennessee but never would have imagined that being a Mexican thing.

Daventec - 4-10-2019 at 05:27 AM

Quote:
"Frog legs, ate many as a kid on the farm in Tennessee but never would have imagined that being a Mexican thing."

Yup, bit too exotic as well.

chuckie - 4-10-2019 at 10:49 AM

I gigged Big frogs out o the river in Mulege...Used my canoe...Good eating!!

Daventec - 6-28-2019 at 09:44 AM

Is it true, that it just taste like chicken?