BajaNomad

So what happened to "metro bus Tijuana"?

Alm - 12-9-2018 at 11:43 PM

There was supposed to be a rapid transit line along Via Rapida Oriente/Poniente. With airconditioned 22nd century buses and nice bus stops, also with A/C, automatic ticket dispensers, WiFi and God knows what else.

After years of on and off hoopla in gringo media and blogs, and millions spent - I can indeed see some glass boxes:

Odd-looking structure before the box is supposed to be a lighted map or something.

Buses running along Via Rapida are still the same cramped mid-size transit buses slightly bigger than a van, smaller than an average San Diego bus, - think a short school bus, and same as before, they stop at any nondescript corner whenever somebody is hailing it or needs to get off.

LukeJobbins - 12-11-2018 at 01:03 PM

SITT Only lanes all over Tijuana. Nobody I have talked to knows what happened. My girlfriend said tons of people crashed into the bus stops when they first appeared. Lanes literally dead end into the stops(middle of the street). So you are going 30mph and all of the sudden you have to change lanes or go head on into the station. And passengers need to cross lanes to get to the stops.

bajaguy - 12-11-2018 at 01:30 PM

Like many things Mexico, "A" for concept; "F" for planning and "F" for execution

yumawill - 12-25-2018 at 07:00 AM

Now now. You're missing the whole point. A well funded yet poorly executed construction project can ultimately lead to a well funded retirement package. Just like here in the U.S.. Think the "Big Dig" in Boston as just one example.

vandenberg - 12-25-2018 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by yumawill  
Now now. You're missing the whole point. A well funded yet poorly executed construction project can ultimately lead to a well funded retirement package. Just like here in the U.S.. Think the "Big Dig" in Boston as just one example.

And,not to forget central California's bullet train.:biggrin:

AKgringo - 12-25-2018 at 11:24 AM

Over fifteen years ago, I made a whole lot of money building a train station at the Anchorage airport. The station, along with the trestles to connect to the main railroad grid cost 28 million, and to this day there is no scheduled service.

Tour groups occasionaly charter a tain during the peak of tourist season, but it is never in use by the general public!

Bubba - 12-25-2018 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandenberg  
Quote: Originally posted by yumawill  

And,not to forget central California's bullet train.:biggrin:

With our money!