BajaNomad

Dinner in Guerrero Negro

mooose29 - 12-11-2018 at 09:35 PM

So we like to stay in Terra Sal, it’s new, clean, safe, and they let us keep our dog in the room with us. However while the restaurant is ok it’s not great. We like the Malarrimo but started staying at Terra Sal because of the dogs and the rooms being a bit long in the tooth and it’s more expensive then most other places. So I was just wondering about some of the other food choices that my fellow Baja Nomaders enjoy in GN.

Thanks all. We will be traveling the day after Christmas through New Years.

nandopedal - 12-12-2018 at 08:12 AM

Santo Remedio, just a block away from the main drag.

Don Gus

John M - 12-12-2018 at 08:58 AM

We've been happy with a very nice dinner a couple of times at Don Gus Restaurant. It's on the main street of G.N. set back just a little. I tried to find a map - but as you see, I couldn't - 'cause it's not here.

This from google

Don Gus
Rosaura Zapata, Guerrero Negro 23940, Mexico

John M

nbentley1 - 12-12-2018 at 10:02 AM

On a side note we were leaving SQ early morning last November, we headed to the end of town to grab some cash and notice an open taco stand just as you go around the left corner on the right hand side after the pemex. We stopped in as options were limited and it was great. Don't know the name but makes a great early morning option and certainly will be back.

Paco Facullo - 12-12-2018 at 10:11 AM

[Edited on 12-12-2018 by Paco Facullo]

boe4fun - 12-12-2018 at 11:25 AM

Fish/shrimp taco truck, on main drag, past the Malarrimo driving west.

motoged - 12-12-2018 at 12:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  
Fish/shrimp taco truck, on main drag, past the Malarrimo driving west.

And there is a choice as last week there were 3 or 4 taco truck/trailers on that stretch....

Don Jorge - 12-12-2018 at 12:59 PM

Marios!

Ambience and good food. Just past state line.

BajaMama - 12-12-2018 at 04:34 PM

I like Marios, beautiful palapa and the food is good and very reasonable.

ncampion - 12-12-2018 at 06:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nandopedal  
Santo Remedio, just a block away from the main drag.

A strong second for Santo Remedio, a very different experience. You wouldn't expect it in rough-tough GN. Worth it, but you have to wear a shirt and shoes.

bill erhardt - 12-12-2018 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
We've been happy with a very nice dinner a couple of times at Don Gus Restaurant. It's on the main street of G.N. set back just a little. I tried to find a map - but as you see, I couldn't - 'cause it's not here.

This from google

Don Gus
Rosaura Zapata, Guerrero Negro 23940, Mexico

John M

Another vote for Don Gus. Good restaurant and hotel too.