BajaNomad

Fishing out of La Playita

bajajudy - 3-15-2005 at 11:16 AM

Try to get down to fish before they break through for the marina. It is the ride of a lifetime!

[Edited on 3-15-2005 by bajajudy]

next

bajajudy - 3-15-2005 at 11:17 AM

landed

bajajudy - 3-15-2005 at 11:18 AM

check out the look on the captain's face

bajajudy - 3-15-2005 at 11:20 AM

sorry cant really see his face..trust me he looks scared.

4baja - 3-15-2005 at 07:49 PM

first time we did at at playa cruz i though my buddy was nuts.:bounce::tumble:

The Tale

bajajudy - 3-16-2005 at 10:11 AM

I decided that the photos deserve a story.
It was a very rough day on the water. Many of the pangas had come back early. One of the last ones came back with news that the Killer had engine problems and was floundering close to Punta Gorda.
Alondra left(I have pix of that too....panga straight up in the air going over a wave) to take the part out. It was too rough to even consider moving the fishermen to another panga. So the part arrived and they were on their way.
When they arrived at La Playita the waves were rolling in. As you can see from the second picture Alondra ran out of water before it landed....makes for a very abrupt stop. Then Killer circled and circled trying to find the perfect wave to ride in.
The guys on the boat were not amused. They stiffed the captain. Wouldnt even help pay for the gas. My feeling on that is when you get down to the beach it is pretty obvious that this is not a luxury trip....far from it....it is an adventure of the Baja variety, so be ready for the ride!