BajaNomad

I’m in! Tecate.

Pages:  1  2

David K - 1-23-2019 at 12:41 AM

Baja is a magic place... and you now have a case of Baja Fever!

Next, you will plan the next year's trips, get a new 4WD truck with "real tires" Begin collection Baja books and maps to help you plan all the great sites found nowhere else in the world and not sleep again until you are under a sky so full of stars, empty sky is impossible to find!

ReTire - 1-23-2019 at 12:51 AM

Yes yes! The night sky was incredible. I saw 2 prominent “stars” while there.....one I was sure was Venus....quite surprised to learn the other was Jupiter. All according to the sky chart on my phone.

Now wouldn’t a telescope be nice down there?

elgatoloco - 1-23-2019 at 07:29 AM

We have good friends who live 6 months in our campo in Baja Norte and 6 months in Michigan. We often visit the Valle with them when we are down and they always go home with 60 bottles of wine at the end of their stay. They drop by our place on this side and leave a case for us. Been doing it for last 5-6 years. They have Sentri and they always declare that it is for personal use. So far so good. The rules for walking across are different then driving - one liter no matter where you are from. There are ways around if you want to pay duty but that seems like it would be a hassle.

As a California resident you are technically allowed one liter per 31 day period. In the first year of Sentri I was made aware of this when the officer at the Sentri booth reminded me that I had crossed a few weeks earlier and declared a bottle of tequila. He told me to make sure I don't do it again. We have had a case of wine shipped to us from the Valle a few times via LMA Wines
YMMV

Alm - 1-23-2019 at 12:37 PM

Time machine, yes. Old gringos live in the past. Locals live in the 3rd world, with matching mentality. All is nice and easy, as long as your interaction with the system is minimal.

california?

akshadow - 1-23-2019 at 02:33 PM

Limit the amount of beer you can bring in,
but no limit on number of illegals.
Us feds should stop enforcing california laws rules

probably should be in political group

bajadogs - 1-23-2019 at 09:16 PM

[Edited on 1-24-2019 by bajadogs]

ReTire - 1-25-2019 at 08:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Baja is a magic place... and you now have a case of Baja Fever!

Next, you will plan the NEXT YEARS trip??, get a new 4WD truck with "real tires" Begin collection Baja books and maps to help you plan all the great sites found nowhere else in the world and not sleep again until you are under a sky so full of stars, empty sky is impossible to find!

I still have 5 months on my FMM!

Pages:  1  2