BajaNomad

Jan 4 North bound

Russ - 1-5-2019 at 10:32 AM

Made a trip north yesterday. Roads a little bumpy in a few places but in general it was a smooth ride. 1 hour delay at the big road construction up north. Don't take San Yasidro on a Friday night. I had a 4 + hour line there. Longest ever. And the singage to San Diego from the river road have changed and caused me another hour touring TJ. Take the exit the says Century not the medical exit to SD. The century exit will get you back to the left at the signal to enter the long line to the normal crossing. I'm sure others will explain it in more detail. NO Immigrant problems or congestion hassles. Had a lousy bacon wrapped hotdog while in line. It sounded so good at the time and would have had another if they cooked it more.

David K - 1-5-2019 at 10:51 AM

Safe travels Russ!

Lee - 1-5-2019 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Made a trip north yesterday. Roads a little bumpy in a few places but in general it was a smooth ride. 1 hour delay at the big road construction up north. Don't take San Yasidro on a Friday night. I had a 4 + hour line there. Longest ever. And the singage to San Diego from the river road have changed and caused me another hour touring TJ. Take the exit the says Century not the medical exit to SD. The century exit will get you back to the left at the signal to enter the long line to the normal crossing. I'm sure others will explain it in more detail. NO Immigrant problems or congestion hassles. Had a lousy bacon wrapped hotdog while in line. It sounded so good at the time and would have had another if they cooked it more.

An hour to Tecate, an hour to 805. Plus wine country is always beautiful.

willardguy - 1-5-2019 at 11:24 AM

"Had a lousy bacon wrapped hotdog while in line."

you're bolder than I am!:P

David K - 1-5-2019 at 11:31 AM

I once bought a churro in line, once.:biggrin:

N/B Otay Mesa crossing on the 2nd of January

John M - 1-5-2019 at 01:45 PM

Left Ensenada at 8:45 a.m. or so, took the toll road - Highway 1D. We got onto Blvd 2000 east a little north of Puerto Nuevo and then through to Otay Mesa, not a bad drive. We've not returned that way before but since we now have SENTRI thought we'd give it a try.

The turn into the Sentri Lane at "the car wash" was congested but we rapidly moved ahead - I'd say this was a pretty easy route in all. The wait was 8 - 10 minutes max.

I tried to talk to the Customs guy at the booth but he completely ignored me and my question; he was more intent on keeping the line moving.

John M