BajaNomad

Thinking of FDT today

Santiago - 1-6-2019 at 10:15 AM

[Edited on 1-17-2019 by BajaNomad]

fishbuck - 1-6-2019 at 11:41 AM

Yeah.
A good guy. Wish I could have spent more time with him.

David K - 1-6-2019 at 04:52 PM

A serious loss for all Nomads and especially for the children whose lives he so greatly enriched with his toy drives! Ferna and I were the same age and we knew each other about the longest of any of the Baja Internet friends I have met.

The day I met Ferna, in Feb. 2000, on the San Clemente Pier, at the first gathering of Baja Internet enthusiasts, organized by Tim Walker (elgatoloco, Mike Humfreville, and Graham who came with me, were there as well):

At Viva Baja Cactus in Nov. 2006, I caught Ferna listening intently to another Nomad at the Tijuana Brewery Cantina, which happened to be located right below the cliff Ferna's home was on top of. I see Nomads El Vergel, Baja Andy, and Graham Mackintosh also in the photo...

sd - 1-6-2019 at 07:57 PM

Yes, a great man!

I tagged along on several of the Baja Nomad toy giveaways. He was always so appreciative of the Baja Nomads who participated and supported this annual event.

I think of him often.

Scot

BajaBlanca - 1-7-2019 at 08:48 PM

He really was one of a kind! What he did for the kids was amazing and I also thought about him this December.

pacificobob - 1-8-2019 at 06:39 AM

i didn't know the man. it sounds like he was well appreciated. however, i must say when i read the title of this thread, i thought it was in reference to the acting president.

David K - 1-8-2019 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i didn't know the man. it sounds like he was well appreciated. however, i must say when i read the title of this thread, i thought it was in reference to the acting president.

Fernando was "Ferna" and from Tijuana, so FdT (Ferna de Tijuana).

Bubba - 1-8-2019 at 12:12 PM

Wasn't sure about the post title myself but he seems like he was a heck of a guy.