BajaNomad

Graham Mackintosh slide show in La Paz

Graham - 1-8-2019 at 02:30 PM

Thursday Jan 10, 2019 at 4:30 PM. Marina de la Paz, Vista Room.

Powerpoint slides of trips leading to my 4 Baja books, and story of my recent Sea of Cortez sit-on-top kayak trip to La Paz.

[file]38791[/file] [file]38792[/file] [file]38793[/file]

fishbuck - 1-8-2019 at 02:48 PM

Is it clothing optional...?
I know some people looking for a boat ride...
You should get together with them for a future trip maybe:cool:
The slide show could be popular!

[Edited on 1-8-2019 by fishbuck]

David K - 1-8-2019 at 04:33 PM

Nice!

4x4abc - 1-8-2019 at 08:17 PM

is the Vista Room in Dock Cafe?

how many hours?

gnukid - 1-8-2019 at 10:16 PM

Vista Room is above the showers area at Marina La Paz and is operated by the Club Cruceros, to the left as you face the water. Everyone who visits consider joining Club Cruceros for the benefits which are very affordable.

http://www.clubcruceros.net/TheClub/ClubHouse.html

For more info tune in locally in La Paz on VHF 22 at 8AM Mon-Sat to The Net.

Stop by Club Cruceros any day to meet the "cruisers" who usually meet for coffee after "The Net" at the clubhouse in Marina La Paz between 9-10am or go early to listen to "The Net" there on the clubhouse radio.

[Edited on 1-9-2019 by gnukid]

David K - 1-9-2019 at 12:29 AM

Harald, go meet Graham! His slide shows are great... It will likely be less than an hour plus q & a time. Buy his books! I have been to several of Graham's shows since the first one I attended on July 12, 1990... see how memorable they are!

4x4abc - 1-9-2019 at 07:47 PM

I hate bad location descriptions
or bad directions, for that matter

gnukid - 1-9-2019 at 08:18 PM

The Vista room is to the left of the Dock Restaurant by 30 feet facing the water. It is the upstairs location above the key lock bathrooms/showers to the left of the gate to enter the docks. There is handicap parking right in front of the restaurant which I understand is generally for patrons. There is also parking just outside of the marina la paz for non patrons. It's reasonable to be dropped off inside the Marina next the entrance to the Vista and have the driver go outside and park.

A U2U to the presenter could provide more info and perhaps alternate locations for the presentation if there is interest. In the past I've seen Graham be flexible with scheduling and locations based on needs. Reaching out to the presenter with interest or concerns will likely produce a helpful response, for example Casa Buena/CrossRoads Church is a potential alternate location nearby with access on the ground floor.

I noticed the presentation on the calendar and more info about the location and maps and contact on the Club Cruceros website here.

If there are corrections to this description please let us know.

http://www.clubcruceros.net/TheClub/ClubHouse.html

crucerosdelapaz@gmail.com

[Edited on 1-10-2019 by gnukid]

4x4abc - 1-9-2019 at 08:24 PM

gracias!