BajaNomad

Baja Beach Cottage, Now $85,000

DTPrice - 1-15-2019 at 01:49 PM

Still for sale at a lower price. Alfonsina’s Resort on San Luis Gonzaga Bay, just 250 miles below the border, is a slender, single row of vacation homes on one of the most desirable white sand beaches in Northern Baja. Under 700 square feet, Casa 57 is one of the last homes to be built here. It’s comprised of two structures connected by decking, one structure houses the kitchen and living room, the other sleeping quarters, shower and bath. A large ramada is located on the beach side. Legal airstrip adjacent. Comes with just about everything, solar, internet, dishes, flatware, linens, beach radio, etc. Restaurants, a gas station, a small newly remodeled hotel and a well-stocked grocery store are all nearby. Wonderful, interesting neighbors. Very social community. Security guards are on duty 24 hours a day. Annual lease is just over $4000.
Questions? Please email: d.tim.price@gmail.com

[file]38821[/file] [file]38822[/file] [file]38823[/file] [file]38824[/file] [file]38825[/file] [file]38826[/file] [file]38827[/file]

fishbuck - 1-15-2019 at 04:18 PM

Very nice

charliemanson - 1-15-2019 at 05:02 PM

need pictures of the house. Foundation, roof, landscape ( erosion), termite damage as it is wood, etc. I have my own plates and furniture. Please show the structure as I have a friend in need of housing up there but he is a none nomad!

David K - 1-15-2019 at 06:06 PM

Tim, these Nomads are even tougher than the Facebook bunch!

Pacifico - 1-15-2019 at 06:43 PM

Beautiful Baja pad! Good luck with the sale!

fishbuck - 1-15-2019 at 06:51 PM

And how about some photos of the runway please:coolup:

55steve - 1-15-2019 at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

Runway is in the last pic...along the row of buildings...

fishbuck - 1-16-2019 at 12:09 AM

Looks tight.

DTPrice - 1-16-2019 at 09:08 AM

In addition to Alfonsina's own 2300 foot dirt landing strip, which does get partially flooded at real high tide, there's the adjacent Rancho Grande 3300-foot dirt strip, shown below. As for the other questions, no termites here although I have seen them once at a nearby campo, roof is almost-flat tar paper-and-elastomeric coating, no current leaks, foundations for each building is a cement pad maybe two feet thick.

[file]38837[/file]

[file]38845[/file] [file]38843[/file] [file]38846[/file] [file]38844[/file]

charliemanson - 1-17-2019 at 03:46 PM

Right on. Thanks for the pics. will forward to amiga.

fishbuck - 1-17-2019 at 05:51 PM

Runway looks good thanks.

advrider - 1-17-2019 at 06:53 PM

Very nice place! Any more info on the lease, how many years is it good for, how long have you had the place, any cap on how much they can raise the price when you renew or sell? One of the best beaches in Northern Baja, they just make me nervous with how much the room and food prices have gone up, greed?

del mar - 1-17-2019 at 07:09 PM

there's a reason folks are relocating...Alfies is getting (has got) expensive, regardless of what they're charging over at the "resort"

advrider - 1-17-2019 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
there's a reason folks are relocating...Alfies is getting (has got) expensive, regardless of what they're charging over at the "resort"

Kinda what I was hinting at. I could see that all becoming high end condo's or beach rental homes....

DTPrice - 1-18-2019 at 10:04 AM

The lease is annual only and has been since Alfonsina's was founded in the 60's. We've been here since 2010, other people on the beach have been here over 30 years. Everyone seems happy. I've never seen so many home remodels and additions going on. No one seems apprehensive in the slightest. Alfonsina's raises the lease 10% every other year. And the newly-remodeled cantina and hotel are pricier than in the past, but the food is really good. You get what you pay for. For traditional Mexican eats at old time prices, we go over to the restaurant at Papa Fernandez, maybe 3 miles north. The food is delicious. There's also a small restaurant south of us at Sacrificio and another new one north of us at La Pomo a little north of Punta Bufeo. But honestly, the wonderful owners here spend more time having dinner parties, afternoon get-togethers, birthday celebrations, etc. at their homes than going out to eat. This is one social beach!

David K - 1-18-2019 at 03:49 PM

From my collection of flying to Baja books...

1998 Air Baja!

1988 Baja Traveler

1987 Airports of Baja California

1969-1972 Airports of Baja California

1967 Airports of Baja California

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 03:55 PM

Does anyone still land behind the houses?
Now I want to try it. Looks exciting:cool:
In something slow and docile. Like a Cessna 152 or 172.
Then seems like Piper Lance or Cessna 210 is about biggest but big enough.
Seneca or Aztec maybe.

del mar - 1-18-2019 at 03:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DTPrice  
The lease is annual only and has been since Alfonsina's was founded in the 60's. We've been here since 2010, other people on the beach have been here over 30 years. Everyone seems happy. I've never seen so many home remodels and additions going on. No one seems apprehensive in the slightest. Alfonsina's raises the lease 10% every other year. And the newly-remodeled cantina and hotel are pricier than in the past, but the food is really good. You get what you pay for. For traditional Mexican eats at old time prices, we go over to the restaurant at Papa Fernandez, maybe 3 miles north. The food is delicious. There's also a small restaurant south of us at Sacrificio and another new one north of us at La Pomo a little north of Punta Bufeo. But honestly, the wonderful owners here spend more time having dinner parties, afternoon get-togethers, birthday celebrations, etc. at their homes than going out to eat. This is one social beach!

can I ask why then you're moving across the bay to papa's?

David K - 1-18-2019 at 04:29 PM

Does anyone still land behind the houses?
Now I want to try it. Looks exciting:cool:
In something slow and docile. Like a Cessna 152 or 172.
Then seems like Piper Lance or Cessna 210 is about biggest but big enough.
Seneca or Aztec maybe.

It's one of the busier runways in Baja and pilots with homes there, taxi right up to their place.

However, around a full or new moon, the runway goes underwater for a few hours...

DTPrice - 1-20-2019 at 09:16 AM

We're heading over to Papa's for many reasons. Mostly I think I really enjoy the house design/build. I've designed three modest homes so far and they keep getting better each time. No beach front at Papa's but the restaurant is great, the people are great and of course it 's less expensive than Alfonsina's. I'm also told the shore fishing is better at Papa's.

DTPrice - 1-20-2019 at 09:18 AM

Great photos, David K!

Lee - 1-20-2019 at 11:03 AM

The lease is annual only and has been since Alfonsina's was founded in the 60's. We've been here since 2010, other people on the beach have been here over 30 years. Everyone seems happy. I've never seen so many home remodels and additions going on. No one seems apprehensive in the slightest. Alfonsina's raises the lease 10% every other year.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security. Things change overnight in Baja. The rent can be raised 100% for no reason other than the MX owners can charge whatever they want.

Is anyone reading fine print?

There are no guarantees in Mexico. Everyone seems happy? Think the nightmares taking place in Rancho Grande at Gonzaga Bay can play out here. Bet the people living at the Bay seemed to be happy too.

Tell me if I'm missing something.

Rancho Grande at Gonzaga Bay
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=92052

DTPrice - 2-10-2019 at 10:23 AM

Legally, from what we've learned, lease payments can only be raised 5% per year. Rancho Grande and Alfonsina's have different owners with different plans for the future. Throwing out paranoid accusations without any real knowledge isn't good.

David K - 2-11-2019 at 10:18 AM

Here is the runway at low tide... This photo is from July 2015, and you can see the stakes added to keep cars off the runway...

Lee - 2-11-2019 at 11:46 AM

Legally, from what we've learned, lease payments can only be raised 5% per year. Rancho Grande and Alfonsina's have different owners with different plans for the future. Throwing out paranoid accusations without any real knowledge isn't good.

Can you respond to any paranoid accusations you've read?

What does ''real knowledge" mean?

For someone with deep pockets, walking away from a $85,000 investment is no big deal.

Rancho Grande at Gonzaga Bay
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=92052

Different owners, different future plans, same rights for Mexican owners (or heirs) who decide to shut down, foreclose and/or raise rents.

BajaBlanca - 2-11-2019 at 02:00 PM

That is such a cute house and the location seems ideal! What a deal at 85K. I bet it sells in a heartbeat!

We all know that you cant invest more than you can walk away from, we know that and have to live with it!

Lee - 2-11-2019 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
That is such a cute house and the location seems ideal! What a deal at 85K. I bet it sells in a heartbeat!

We all know that you cant invest more than you can walk away from, we know that and have to live with it!

Doesn't read like you have a fideicomiso or MX corporation?

Like someone wrote, you can't take it with you.

Lee - 2-11-2019 at 11:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

I'm ignorant: Is that even possible if he's leasing the land the house is built on?

In the case of an immovable structure built on land leased from another, what sort of ownership documents does the "owner" of the structure transfer to the buyer when he sells the place? :?:

Writing about Blanca not the OP. Great question though. Maybe the OP can address that question. Or Blanca if she has a land lease.

willardguy - 2-11-2019 at 11:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

I'm ignorant: Is that even possible if he's leasing the land the house is built on?

In the case of an immovable structure built on land leased from another, what sort of ownership documents does the "owner" of the structure transfer to the buyer when he sells the place? :?:

hearty handshake! ;)