BajaNomad

Playoffs

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 07:28 AM

I believe we'll see two good games today. Saints/Rams, Chiefs/Pats with KC and NO going to the superbowl.

chippy - 1-20-2019 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
I believe we'll see two good games today. Saints/Rams, Chiefs/Pats with KC and NO going to the superbowl.

I agree in a perfect world but............................Patriots have a way of ruining my day/days:(

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

I agree in a perfect world but............................Patriots have a way of ruining my day/days:(

No doubt but this Mahomes kid is something special. Rookie vs the Veteran. Hoping for a great game.

weebray - 1-20-2019 at 08:45 AM

Who cares?? A bunch of boring crap slightly upgraded from Roman times. Certainly has nothing to do with this site. Just more pap from the coporate teat. Take it elseware.

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Who cares?? A bunch of boring crap slightly upgraded from Roman times. Certainly has nothing to do with this site. Just more pap from the coporate teat. Take it elseware.

And good morning to you! :tumble:

Hook - 1-20-2019 at 09:50 AM

I really dislike the Patriots, but I would never bet against them.

I dont think KC's defense will be able to stop them, and the NE defense will get in enough stops to allow the Pats to score more than the Chiefs. Pats by 10, in a high scoring game.

Charger defense was way better than the Chiefs and Brady torched them.

It will take a team with a good rushing attack to keep Brady off the field, to beat the Pats. Both NO and the Rams have that.

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I really dislike the Patriots, but I would never bet against them.

I dont think KC's defense will be able to stop them, and the NE defense will get in enough stops to allow the Pats to score more than the Chiefs. Pats by 10, in a high scoring game.

Charger defense was way better than the Chiefs and Brady torched them.

It will take a team with a good rushing attack to keep Brady off the field, to beat the Pats. Both NO and the Rams have that.

Agree with a lot of what you said, especially the high scores.

JoeJustJoe - 1-20-2019 at 11:34 AM

Put your money where your mouth is.

I'll take the Rams, and Pats, against your KC and NO.

If I win, you have to keep off "Baja Nomad" for one week, and if you win, I will keep off this site for one week?

I really don't like the Patriots, but I think they will still beat KC.

I once took a bet for everything, a life time ban on "Baja Nomad," over a political election, and I won!

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 11:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Put your money where your mouth is.

I'll take the Rams, and Pats, against your KC and NO.

If I win, you have to keep off "Baja Nomad" for one week, and if you win, I will keep off this site for one week?

I really don't like the Patriots, but I think they will still beat KC.

I once took a bet for everything, a life time ban on "Baja Nomad," over a political election, and I won!

Staying off of this site is not putting money where your mouth is. Betting cold, hard cash is, which I've already done.

willardguy - 1-20-2019 at 01:06 PM

Jimmy Buffett stole my haircut!

GO RAMS

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 01:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Jimmy Buffett stole my haircut!

GO RAMS

The Rams need to get busy if they want any chance of winning this.

Paulina - 1-20-2019 at 01:57 PM

Jimmy Buffett sang the National Anthem. His songs take some to far away places, like Margaritaville, someplace warm, Baja, so in a stretch this topic fits this site to me.

Now to my 2 peso opinion, I think playoff games should be played in mutual territory stadiums. The Saint's fan's are going to all have laryngitis by half time. That might be the only hope the Rams have at this point.

Go Rams.

P>*)))>{

Bubba - 1-20-2019 at 04:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  
Jimmy Buffett sang the National Anthem. His songs take some to far away places, like Margaritaville, someplace warm, Baja, so in a stretch this topic fits this site to me.

Now to my 2 peso opinion, I think playoff games should be played in mutual territory stadiums. The Saint's fan's are going to all have laryngitis by half time. That might be the only hope the Rams have at this point.

Go Rams.

P>*)))>{

They pulled it off...

blackwolfmt - 1-20-2019 at 05:11 PM

started off real slow then got real Exciting, GO Rams

willardguy - 1-20-2019 at 05:21 PM

Saints got screwed on that no-call but......hey we're in!:bounce:

Hook - 1-20-2019 at 05:29 PM

Saints got screwed on that no-call but......hey we're in!:bounce:

Yeah, many bad calls, but that was the biggest.

The second game is anything but high scoring, so far.

vandenberg - 1-20-2019 at 05:32 PM

Wrong on both counts:biggrin:

caj13 - 1-20-2019 at 08:43 PM

so close! You ought to get a second career as a professional prognosticator. i'd get rich betting against any team you chose!

DavidT - 1-20-2019 at 09:16 PM

Looking forward to the Patriots racking up a huge Super Bowl win with Tom Brady winning MVP.

Not because I'm a Patriots fan, just because so many people get so mad when they win.

Bubba - 1-21-2019 at 06:26 AM

The Rams were given that game but we still saw two good ones.

John Harper - 1-21-2019 at 06:37 AM

One good result is this makes the Chargers move further to the back of the bus in LA. Couldn't happen to a nicer family than the Spanos', and I'm a lifelong Raider fan! We have enough drama of our own with Chuckie.

John

Bubba - 1-21-2019 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

One good result is this makes the Chargers move further to the back of the bus in LA. Couldn't happen to a nicer family than the Spanos', and I'm a lifelong Raider fan! We have enough drama of our own with Chuckie.

John

Agreed. That KC/NE game was a good one, could of gone either way.

wilderone - 1-21-2019 at 07:28 AM

Two blown calls, IMO, in favor of the Patriots would likely have put more points on the board for Chiefs (Edelman did not touch the ball - that was picked up and run in for a Chiefs TD; and the so-called catch
where Pats receiver didn't have control as he caught near the ground, ball was coming out, then, with ground supporting the ball, he clutches it, and that's called a catch). Refs' corruption would make a good John Grisham novel. Can't tell me that Saints no-call didn't have money on the line somewhere. The most ridiculous plays are sometimes discussed among ALL the refs to decide or correct a call - but not that one. Why?

Bubba - 1-21-2019 at 07:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Two blown calls, IMO, in favor of the Patriots would likely have put more points on the board for Chiefs (Edelman did not touch the ball - that was picked up and run in for a Chiefs TD; and the so-called catch
where Pats receiver didn't have control as he caught near the ground, ball was coming out, then, with ground supporting the ball, he clutches it, and that's called a catch). Refs' corruption would make a good John Grisham novel. Can't tell me that Saints no-call didn't have money on the line somewhere. The most ridiculous plays are sometimes discussed among ALL the refs to decide or correct a call - but not that one. Why?

My picks were KC and NO. Both of those games could of definitely went the other way.

The Super Stupor

MrBillM - 1-21-2019 at 10:31 AM

It's just a game, right ?

There's no conspiracy.

BTW, watching the various replays on the news later, it "appears" that the Patriot "might" not have touched the ball with his hands, BUT the ball seems to have clearly touched his arm given its slight deflection. Does that still count under the rules ?

Hook - 1-21-2019 at 10:58 AM

The silver lining to the NE victory? We may get to see The Brady Bunch lose TWO STRAIGHT Super Bowls.

You Bet ?

MrBillM - 1-21-2019 at 11:01 AM

I haven't seen any statistics regarding how often (percentage-wise) the favorite wins in the NFL.

BUT, back in younger days when I was a devoted Thoroughbred Horse racing devotee, it was noted that favorites won less than 60 percent of the time at any given meet. Which made them a losing bet given the odds.

And that is in a sport where one can come as close to analyzing the likely winner as possible.

The variables involved in ANY competition make it (sports gambling) mostly a matter of luck.

AND, lying to anyone who will listen regarding your won-lost record.

Bubba - 1-21-2019 at 11:05 AM

The silver lining to the NE victory? We may get to see The Brady Bunch lose TWO STRAIGHT Super Bowls.

Yup and as we all know, Brady does not take losing very well.

willardguy - 1-21-2019 at 11:08 AM

shame games like these are decided by a coin toss....how about the nfl take a look at these OT rules!:(

bajabuddha - 1-21-2019 at 11:24 AM

Another thing I wish the NFL would look at is the playoff officiating (or lack thereof). Refs work all season as cohesive teams, but for all playoff games are broken up and individually assigned to games by personal merit. Hence any cohesion is lost, sorta like the Pro Bowl putting rivals in a stew pot and expecting them to work well together. The Pro Bowl is fine for simple entertainment, but going to The Big Show is not in the mix like that LAR and NO game was. The officiating throughout the entire game SUCKED horribly. They need to have Ref team UNITS as a whole work the playoff games.

willardguy - 1-21-2019 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Another thing I wish the NFL would look at is the playoff officiating (or lack thereof). Refs work all season as cohesive teams, but for all playoff games are broken up and individually assigned to games by personal merit. Hence any cohesion is lost, sorta like the Pro Bowl putting rivals in a stew pot and expecting them to work well together. The Pro Bowl is fine for simple entertainment, but going to The Big Show is not in the mix like that LAR and NO game was. The officiating throughout the entire game SUCKED horribly. They need to have Ref team UNITS as a whole work the playoff games.

xlnt point.........

and on a POSITIVE note, how great is Tony in the booth!:yes: and yes, he'll be there in Atlanta

Bubba - 1-21-2019 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

xlnt point.........

and on a POSITIVE note, how great is Tony in the booth!:yes: and yes, he'll be there in Atlanta

Agreed!

pauldavidmena - 1-21-2019 at 12:18 PM

elgatoloco - 1-21-2019 at 01:26 PM

GO RAMS! :cool::saint:

thebajarunner - 1-21-2019 at 06:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Matt
For a nice guy you sure have bad taste in teams:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Last time you and I went round and round it was over the despicable Dodgers....

Fan Antics

MrBillM - 1-21-2019 at 06:52 PM

It's always a hoot to view Fans who take their team partisanship seriously.

Bubba - 1-22-2019 at 06:20 AM

Possibly but as much as I dislike the Pats I've learned to never count them out.

bajabuddha - 1-22-2019 at 08:13 AM

ROOT with your heart....... but BET with your WALLET. :smug:

daveB - 1-22-2019 at 11:33 AM

The ref counted the Saints out. Why does a pair of eyes, or many more on the field, miss that call? Speculation is rampant now, as disgruntled fans try to sue the League to make them play the last minute and a half, back again on the field! But football is like anything in life, you never know how straightforward any thing is. Or if it is.

Bubba - 1-22-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by daveB  
The ref counted the Saints out. Why does a pair of eyes, or many more on the field, miss that call? Speculation is rampant now, as disgruntled fans try to sue the League to make them play the last minute and a half, back again on the field! But football is like anything in life, you never know how straightforward any thing is. Or if it is.

Agreed. Some of those calls most likely cost the Saints a trip to the big dance.

JoeJustJoe - 1-22-2019 at 12:51 PM

The Saints could cry all they want, but the Rams are still going to the Super Bowl.

The Saints, had the Rams, whipped early on but couldn't put them away.

The Rams kickers won the game as well as the hit on the Saints short quarterback, that sealed the game for the Rams.

BajaTed - 1-22-2019 at 02:09 PM

That kicked field goal could of gone 70 yards, he just crushed it.

T. Brady of NFL gets treated better by the ref's than J. Harden of the NBA does

Hook - 1-22-2019 at 02:20 PM

I was watching these games with several people who are 65+ years old, who have been NFL football fans for 50+ years. But as the game has changed with the rules and replay, many of us were commenting that we really don't watch many NFL games anymore. Myself, this was the third or fourth consecutive year that I watched no NFL regular season games. I've missed a few playoff games and even one or two Super Bowls when neither team really excited me.

One of the biggest let-downs in BOTH of these games is how the need for video reviews of so many calls has taken a lot of the excitement out of the game. It just deflates the stadium noise level and the excitement as a TV viewer. Think back to the ends of some of the famous last minute wins of the Packers (the Ice Bowl) or the 49ers (The Catch) or even the Patriots. It was often continuous action, especially if a team was out of time outs or had to conserve them. There was little let-up in the excitement level.

Now, it's much different.

DanO - 1-22-2019 at 02:37 PM

Two Saints fans have filed a lawsuit seeking an order requiring a rematch with the Rams. Sheesh.

https://ktla.com/2019/01/22/2-saints-fans-files-lawsuit-over...

blackwolfmt - 1-23-2019 at 12:11 PM

I was watching these games with several people who are 65+ years old, who have been NFL football fans for 50+ years. But as the game has changed with the rules and replay, many of us were commenting that we really don't watch many NFL games anymore. Myself, this was the third or fourth consecutive year that I watched no NFL regular season games. I've missed a few playoff games and even one or two Super Bowls when neither team really excited me.

One of the biggest let-downs in BOTH of these games is how the need for video reviews of so many calls has taken a lot of the excitement out of the game. It just deflates the stadium noise level and the excitement as a TV viewer. Think back to the ends of some of the famous last minute wins of the Packers (the Ice Bowl) or the 49ers (The Catch) or even the Patriots. It was often continuous action, especially if a team was out of time outs or had to conserve them. There was little let-up in the excitement level.

Agreed!! IMO Technology has ruined it:(

Bubba - 1-23-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

Agreed!! IMO Technology has ruined it:(

I second that.

willardguy - 1-23-2019 at 12:45 PM

maybe.......but im not opposed to using more of that information thats in that football chip or using lasers, obviously these ref's need all the help they can get.

now....what can we do to keep Anderson off the practice track! :lol:

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by willardguy]

JoeJustJoe - 1-23-2019 at 01:09 PM

I don't know why old people long for the good ole days," when the good old days, were never actually that good?

Lets see back in the day, the defensive linemen, like Deacon Jones, could give head slaps, and T off on the quarterbacks, even after long gone after the QB threw the football. The defensive backs , used to do the bump and run, which was really the bump and throw down, like Jack Tatum, the assassin.

The game used to be really dangerous, and it's still really dangerous, but at least they are trying to make the game a little less dangerous, and more exciting then those old 13 to 7 games, boring games the NFL used to be famous for back in the day.

Now the games favor the offensive, and the winner of this years super bowl, will probably score 35 points +, and it will be exciting!

Who cares if the NFL refs have to stop the game and review a play, in order to get it right. Lets get it right, so we don't hear crybabies like the Saints.

If Hook, and his over 65 year old friends, don't want to watch the Super bowl, because it's not going to be like the good ole days. I'm sure there will be a reruns of Bonanza, somewhere on TV.

The only legitimate reason to boycott the Superbowl, in my opinion, is to support Colin Kaepernick, who has been blackballed, over the stupid national anthem.

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

blackwolfmt - 1-23-2019 at 01:41 PM

maybe.......but im not opposed to using more of that information thats in that football chip or using lasers, obviously these ref's need all the help they can get.

now....what can we do to keep Anderson off the practice track! :lol:

[Edited on 1-23-2019 by willardguy]

I am.. tech makes life go by to fast And that's crazy broke his arm out until at least April:no: thanks for the update

John Harper - 1-23-2019 at 01:46 PM

I miss the good old days when it was all Obama's fault.

John

BajaTed - 1-23-2019 at 01:55 PM

I do like the cable camera that zooms around above the field of play.:cool:

Don't like TV, turn on AM radio, drink a brew or.... and live the game in your minds eye, enjoy the nap and catch the end of game

thebajarunner - 1-23-2019 at 06:10 PM

Cable cam is cool until it breaks....
Couple years ago at a NASCAR race they had one of those trick cameras running around on a cable over turn one
Cable snaps... wraps around the lead car (happened to be Kyle Busch) and his day was ended.
The TV money is great, the incursion into the sport....not so great.

elgatoloco - 1-24-2019 at 07:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

Matt
For a nice guy you sure have bad taste in teams:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Last time you and I went round and round it was over the despicable Dodgers....

Born and bred LA boy. Father took me to my first game at Coliseum in the late 60's and the Fabulous Forum around the same time.
Rams (1983-1994 2016-present) and Lakers (1980 -1993 2016-present) season ticket holder. No broken ankles here from jumping on and off the bandwagon. I don't live and die by the result but always all in rooting for MY teams. :saint:
Should be a high scoring game on 2/3.

As far as the one bad call at the end of the saints game, what about the uncalled facemask on Goff that would have given Rams first down inside the 5 instead of kicking a field goal? Or the uncalled facemask on Cooks earlier? How about the uncalled delay of game on Brees in 3rd quarter that lead to a touchdown? I also have to laugh about NO fans crying about the "lack of integrity of the NFL office". This from the organization who brought us 'bountygate'. :lol: Who dat?

Rams 35 Cheaters 30

DanO - 1-25-2019 at 02:29 PM

From your lips to God's ears, Matteo. Go Rams.