BajaNomad

Rancho Grande market closing?

dizzyspots - 1-26-2019 at 09:21 AM

Two reputable sources have informed me that the Rancho Grande market is going to shut down...hence the reason for the installation of the high fence, razor wire and light towers....guess we'just have to wait and see....seems oddd, after investing the money into the beach condos and apartments....

advrider - 1-26-2019 at 10:26 AM

Sure seems strange, is there something big in the works? Did they get an offer they couldn't pass up?

WestyWanderer - 1-26-2019 at 11:07 PM

If it’s true they must have gotten a deal they couldn’t pass up because that market always did a great business. First the major hike in lot rent and now closing of the market, something weird is going on.

norte - 1-27-2019 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Maybe the failure to finish the highway as planned was the final straw for the Rodriguez clan but that seems hard to believe after so many years?

The market was in operation long before the hwy finish date was planned. Being the only market for many kilometers, there must be something else going on.

norte - 1-27-2019 at 09:52 AM

Yes. That must be it. They are going broke.

willardguy - 1-27-2019 at 10:43 AM

how many bags of ice do suppose don rafa has to sell to keep it open?

Paco Facullo - 1-27-2019 at 10:52 AM

The ice is only the 2nd. necessary item , Beer being numero uno !

Ken Cooke - 1-27-2019 at 11:01 AM

I wonder how much longer until they close operations? I was planning on visiting their store and showers next month.

David K - 1-27-2019 at 11:08 AM

Try calling them, phone number on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/palapasenbaja/

Rancho Grande cllllllosing

chickendoug - 1-27-2019 at 11:18 AM

This is from a friend of mine this AM...........Quick update. Latest news is Rancho Grande is not closing. The staff are happy again, their freezer is plugged in again and full, they have produce and stock. Someone called it correctly in the end. He said he heard this news but did not believe they would close or thought if they did it would be short lived. He said this was not the first time the store was rumored to be closing.

willardguy - 1-27-2019 at 11:26 AM

and the chainlink w/ concertina wire with flood lights is just for ambiance?

freediverbrian - 1-27-2019 at 12:25 PM

The fence is the cost of doing business, I am sure with the equipment,tools computers, they have enough of the break ins , the old bad roads good people thing .Rancho Grande dose not post info of the break ins ,bad for business. But enough is enough.

Ken Cooke - 1-27-2019 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chickendoug  
This is from a friend of mine this AM...........Quick update. Latest news is Rancho Grande is not closing. The staff are happy again, their freezer is plugged in again and full, they have produce and stock.

That is very good news. Thanks for the update!

Rancho

Pete69 - 2-4-2019 at 08:21 AM

Rancho Grande

Pete69 - 2-4-2019 at 08:24 AM

Was there two days ago, market is open, not much produce, and stock on shelves is very low, spread out to cover empty shelves. Restaurant is closed again.

AZ7000 - 2-26-2019 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone know if still open or a good contact number? I have been trying the 3 numbers I have and no answer. Trying to reserve some spring break palapas. Wife has facebook and no replies there either...