BajaNomad

Server crashed at many Baja Links, but only briefly

David K - 3-15-2005 at 09:52 PM

My web server (VivaBaja.com) who also is the server for Tim'sBaja.com, BajaLinks.com, Grahammackintosh.com and others as well, has crashed... my web host says it may be 24 hours off line.

In the meantime, we are fortunate that Doug has done such a good job keeping Baja Nomad operating! Please help support Doug by clicking on the google banner ads that appear above the messages. Also, Doug has the 'Tienda' here for Baja books, calendars, etc.

[Edited on 3-17-2005 by David K]

Bruce R Leech - 3-16-2005 at 07:23 AM

thanks David K and Doug

My site is up

flyfishinPam - 3-16-2005 at 08:47 AM

I think we're using the same server as bajalinks.com and my site is up (bajabigfish.com)

lencho-
if Dave is refering to the same server as I'm on crap happens. sometimes there's nada that can be done about it. But if this is the same guy as I use he bends over backward to make things run smooth and has gone way out of his way to keep my site up and running, especially in the early days before internet in Loreto.

It is down

flyfishinPam - 3-16-2005 at 09:23 AM

but the web driven e-mail is fine. ftp also down bummer. he;'s working his tail off trying to get it up asap. I told him that I;m patient chit happens.

David K - 3-17-2005 at 12:06 AM

Larry, Dick has hosted my site since Feb. 2000, and this was the first time his server crashed... It was back on line in less than a day... I find that an outstanding record.

David K - 3-17-2005 at 08:42 AM

I am not sure how many hours the server was down, but it was less than a day... possibly a few hours is all... Dick is a great friend and web host... Several Baja people use him. Most here know him from his BajaLinks.com site where we can navigate to almost every Baja web site.

I met Doug (Baja Nomad) after I was set up with Dick. Doug is very knowledgeable, and I recommend Baja Nomads to use his hosting service... as Dick has plenty of clients.

They both are good Baja and computer guys. Doug did secure VivaBaja.com for me as my prefered web address. He has many Baja web names available.