BajaNomad

Whales going off in Laguna Ojo de Liebre!!!!!

shari - 2-10-2019 at 06:23 PM

It has been a thrilling week in the middle lagoon area of Laguna Ojo de Liebre. It is thick with whales out there and the action is non stop with breaches and spy hops, mothers & calves, courting trios, and several friendly whales who enjoy pushing, lifting and rubbing on our panga. Here are some highlights from the last few days.

this is another old friend of mine I named Pinocchio after her birthmark of a face with a loooooong nose. She is a sweet gentle whale who is always friendly and it was such an honour to meet her new baby who she brought to me to caress....my first friendly calf this season! This calf has a huge birthmark on her right side so it will be so easy to find her an keep track of her in the years to come.

She loves to be on her back and we all got a great look at her barnacled belly button and privates!

Too bad the weather has been so crappy with so much cloud, cold and wind on some days but looks like things are improving this week.
We still have spaces left at our remote Whale Camp if anyone wants to come...the seafood meals are wonderful... lobster, oysters, scallops, clams, octopus and fish of the day! and whales just outside your cabin! Here was when they started building the new dining room complete with wrap around deck/dancefloor! hahaha

Bajaboy - 2-10-2019 at 07:00 PM

amazing!

fishbuck - 2-11-2019 at 03:50 PM

It's whale time baby!

[Edited on 2-13-2019 by fishbuck]

BajaBlanca - 2-12-2019 at 03:37 PM

You qualify for the best job on the planet!

Those are some really great shots of the ballenas!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post for our enjoyment.

Mexitron - 2-12-2019 at 03:50 PM

Beauty!!

surfhat - 2-13-2019 at 10:15 AM

Thank you Shari, our own The Whale Whisperer in residence.

Once is not enough, twice is not enough. Anyone who goes, will always want to return.

The gift that keeps on giving back to everyone who goes. See you next season for your Magic.

Whale Watching

bigmike - 2-14-2019 at 11:40 PM

Can't wait to get there, we will see you on 3/18.

gueribo - 2-15-2019 at 07:45 AM

Great photos...