BajaNomad

He is behind bars for a long time.

BajaBlanca - 2-13-2019 at 11:00 AM

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-sinal...

John Harper - 2-13-2019 at 12:05 PM

True, but the truckloads/carloads/boatloads/tunnels of drugs will keep coming as long as the demand in the US is driving supply. The miracle of free market economics.

John

sancho - 2-13-2019 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
drugs will keep coming as long as the demand in the US is driving supply. The miracle of free market economics.
John

Yes indeed, not taking a position nor being cantankerous, saw
a stat 88,000 alcohol related deaths in the US yearly.
A robust debate can be had regarding on that.
We locked another guy up yrs. back, Noreiga from Panama,
can't remember, but we're some dubious circumstances
surrounding him.
A full time job keeping folks from doing themselves harm.
Forgot the misery tobacco causes

[Edited on 2-13-2019 by sancho]

What it means in the Greater Scheme ?

MrBillM - 2-13-2019 at 01:55 PM

Nada.

Other than bad news for one bad guy.

It's one of those things that they refer to as a Moral Victory

Since Fatso El Chapo was taken out of the picture, drug traffic AND violence has increased.

Lee - 2-13-2019 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
True, but the truckloads/carloads/boatloads/tunnels of drugs will keep coming as long as the demand in the US is driving supply. The miracle of free market economics.

John

All the drugs coming in feed a broken society. And then there's the opiate crisis.

The US has created a need. Rhetorical question here, how is America going to be Great Again with so many broken people?

Fine. Let's stop undocumented immigrants from crossing. Anyone paying attention to the drugs flowing in.

Who won the drug war?

What is broken in the US society and will it ever be fixed?

weebray - 2-14-2019 at 08:40 AM

As far as the cartels are concerned we cut out a tumor for them. "....and the beat goes on." I also thought of Noriega, another pathetic pawn.

BajaBlanca - 2-14-2019 at 09:04 AM

We saw a special on cable tv on El Chapo. My goodness, what a horrible human. Cold blooded doesn't even begin to describe him.

The program said he gave the former Mexican president a 100 million dollar bribe.

and that at the time of the start of the Meth making, every $600+ investment El Chapo put in, turned into $18K dollars.

Another article that Les showed me yesterday mentioned how the drugs are being catapulted OVER the "wall".

The only solution, the way I see it, is drug education. We have to begin/continue talking to youngsters.

John Harper - 2-14-2019 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
The only solution, the way I see it, is drug education. We have to begin/continue talking to youngsters.

Drugs, depression, suicides, and bullying. I see too much of it today in our schools and among our youth. We have annual training on all of this, unfortunately. In addition to trying to provide a decent education and develop critical thinkers. Kids have a tough "row to hoe" today.

It all begins with caring. Thank you Blanca for all your devotion.

John