BajaNomad

Mulege--annual pig races

mtnpop - 2-28-2019 at 05:09 PM

Coming up this Sunday Mar 3 the annual Mulege pig races on the malecon. Sponsored by the local Rotary International chapter.

Lots of good food, cold drinks. music and craziness...

Starts at about 11 AM get there early to get a good parking spot.

If you have never been then now is the time to come to the festivities and enjoy the day.

Then in 2 weeks will be the annual Chili Cook off. another fun time in the same spot.

bajabuddha - 2-28-2019 at 05:18 PM

No longer at the Plaza Central, eh?

Me and a beach neighbor entered the pig race at the Serenidad in '96... woulda won but the damned pig attacked my partner, wrapped the cable around his ankles and put the ol' man down like a sack of potatoes. I smacked the pig to get him off my pal, and he bee-lined it to the finish line, but I was disqualified for spankin' the pig. I pleaded self-defense to the judges, but to no avail.

The piglets were bigger then, not the lil' babies they use now. Fun was had by all.

BajaBlanca - 2-28-2019 at 05:48 PM

Can't make it to the pig races but please post the info on the chili cook off!

Thanks

AKgringo - 2-28-2019 at 06:23 PM

So....which pig gets invited to the pig roast, the slowest one, or the fastest?

[Edited on 3-1-2019 by AKgringo]

mtnpop - 3-4-2019 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Can't make it to the pig races but please post the info on the chili cook off!

Thanks

The annual chili cookoff is Sunday Mar. 24 th on the malecon. This year you can do chili or pozole . will be a fun time again with lots of cold drink and good food.
If you are wanting to participate I will get you in touch with the right folks. or just come and attend.