BajaNomad

Really fun trip to Huatulco and Oaxaca

wilderone - 3-2-2019 at 12:05 PM

Just returned from a jaunt to Huatulco and Oaxaca – non-stop sights – lots of fun:

Entrega Beach, Huatulco – great snorkeling

Barra Copalita estuary – Rosette Spoonbills, great white heron, flocks of egrets, turtles and much more:

La Bocana beach – this guy threw his net once and caught up a bunch of sardines – shared with the pelican:

Marimba band with trumpets – en fuego! Note the small boy on drums

Monte Alban “Hall of Dancers”

Zocalo color

Plantains! Had these twice - yum

300 AD Zapotec figurine of woman giving birth

Rug weaver

Hierve de Agua – stunning landscape

elgatoloco - 3-2-2019 at 12:07 PM

:cool::dudette:

TMW - 3-2-2019 at 12:22 PM

Excellent, thanks.

Natalie Ann - 3-2-2019 at 01:57 PM

Great pix. Muchas gracias.

Nena

StuckSucks - 3-2-2019 at 02:22 PM

Cool photos, thanks for sharing. Trip really looks fun.

windgrrl - 3-3-2019 at 09:44 AM

Thanks for sharing.Looks like a wonderful trip to make.

BajaBlanca - 3-4-2019 at 07:53 AM

We went to La Bocana beach there too! What a hoot! Your photos are wonderful and made me want to return right away...the colors, the smells, the landscape and THE BEACHES are simply spectacular.

wilderone - 3-4-2019 at 09:31 AM

Blanca, did you get a mud bath from the ladies at La Bocana beach? I also had one of my most memorable meals at the restaurant at the end of the street, left side - fish fillet with garlic - open air, view of the ocean.

[Edited on 3-4-2019 by wilderone]

Timinator - 3-4-2019 at 10:11 AM

We have a condo (for sale) in Puerto Escondido just "north" of where you were. It's a great stretch of coastline. Very inexpensive for almost everything. A LOT cheaper than Baja for some reason, an example; 2 orders of 5 rolled tacos with sour cream and avocado, and two drinks were the equivalent of $1.02 USD...total! Just amazing. This is at the Mercado food stands in Puerto. Great music too along the beach bars from classic rock to blues.

The spearfishing there just isn't up the level I like in Baja and boat ownership is a PITA, or I'd be there forever. This is the view from our condo.