BajaNomad

Looking for Baja experts

clubfred - 3-11-2019 at 02:28 PM

I've posted some questions on here in the past related to the manuscript I was planning/researching (a SFF thriller set in Baja California). I'm now in full research/outline mode and I'm going to be seeking answers to a wide variety of questions relating to Baja California. Instead of taking up space in this forum, I'd like to get some volunteers who'd like to join a private FB group where I will be posting questions or looking for feedback.

If you'd like to share your knowledge and experience, let me know and I'll message you! I can't promise you fame or fortune but you will get credit in the acknowledgements and you'll get a kind of "backstage pass" to the novel writing process.

Everyone is welcome but I'm particularly interested in:
- Local perspective (people who actually live in Baja California full time or know someone who does, preferably Mexican citizens)
- Anyone with a law enforcement or military background, especially with knowledge of the cartels and how they operate in Baja California
- Folks under the age of 35 who have travelled through Baja California in the past few years.
- Bush pilots who have flown in Baja California
- Anyone who is familiar with local myths and folklore in Baja California
- Back roaders who have travelled in the area between CataviƱa and Mexicali.
- Super bonus points for anyone with a medical background relating to infectious diseases and/or who is familiar with CDC protocols!

Thanks in advance!
~Kristene

David K - 3-11-2019 at 03:01 PM

Hi clubfred, I am excited to see your project develop! I met you when you guys lived at Bahia Conception, back in 2001.
If I can help with my areas of interest (Baja history, off roading, and traveled CataviƱa to Mexicali in 1974 when I was 16, and ever since.

fishbuck - 3-11-2019 at 03:05 PM

I am not am expert but I am a well trained amateur.
I have an interest in the aviation aspect so am an interested observer.
I hope a "real" Baja Aviation export chimes in for you...

fishbuck - 3-11-2019 at 03:06 PM

But I"ll probably only get DK...
But he is good...
;)

[Edited on 3-11-2019 by fishbuck]

clubfred - 3-11-2019 at 03:44 PM

Thanks David (message received!) and fishbuck!

BTW, I don't need actual "experts" and that list is just my wishlist. I will have all sorts of questions as I outline, write and edit.

Cheers!

David K - 3-11-2019 at 04:19 PM

In addition to the books I have written or co-authored, I also have over 60 Baja Travel Adventure articles featured in many of Baja Bound's monthly newsletters. All the articles are listed and linked here: https://www.bajabound.com/bajaadventures/bajatravel/

I have toyed with the idea of putting them into a book.
Please see if there is any that you can glean some content from.

clubfred - 3-11-2019 at 06:43 PM

:D:D

clubfred - 9-15-2019 at 02:47 PM

Bumping this old post to say thanks to the folks who sent me messages and sorry for my tardy reply! Summer is my busy season for the "real job". Life is finally settling down and I'm returning to the manuscript, so there will likely be questions incoming.

Also planning another Baja trip this winter. Part research, part fishing and fun. :D