BajaNomad

Leave it to Mexicans to make a Margaritas out of Limons

Paco Facullo - 3-18-2019 at 06:27 PM

News , The new barbed wire on " The Wall "

The wire that has been the target of thieves. The wire that has been the target of thieves.
Stolen border fence barbed wire now protects homes on Mexican side
Thieves have stolen the wire since it was installed in preparation for migrant caravans

Some new barbed wire placed atop the border wall between Tijuana, Baja California, and San Diego, California, didn’t stay there long: it is now serving to improve security at several area homes on the southern side of the border.

The wire was installed to reinforce the Mexico-U.S. border recently in response to the arrival of thousands of migrants in caravans from Central America.

But the barbed wire is there no more, leading to the belief that thieves on the Mexico side removed it and sold it in nearby neighborhoods, giving residents extra protection against delinquency, presumably by other thieves.

“We know about the theft of barbed wire because United States authorities have requested our help,” said Tijuana police chief Marco Antonio Sotomayor Amezcua.

But his department has not been of much help, he said, because thieves are long gone by the time police arrive.

Houses near the border are now clearly protected with barbed wire of a similar size and what’s more, a type that is not sold in Mexican stores.

Source " Mexico New's Daily"

4x4abc - 3-18-2019 at 06:29 PM

Love it!

defrag4 - 3-18-2019 at 08:04 PM

:biggrin:

sancho - 3-18-2019 at 08:05 PM

Good stuff, the razor wire may replace the shards of
Pacifico bottles on top of walls
No Wall-Viva Mexico

BajaBlanca - 3-18-2019 at 09:06 PM

Now that takes a lot of chutzpah! Not sure about the spelling on that, but how daring.

fishbuck - 3-18-2019 at 09:13 PM

Oh yeah, stealing wire is a job in Mexico.
Like telephone poles and in house walls...
I sure they did it for the scrape value...
You know, it's part of their "culture" and all...
And proud of themselves too!
Probably had their kids doing it...
Little kids one on the others shoulders, working with razorwire probably biting it with their broken teeth...

Nice work heathens... and you wonder why?

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by fishbuck]

KasloKid - 3-18-2019 at 11:18 PM

A man can only stare at a fish behind a glass wall for so long, but when he's hungry, he'll reach behind the wall or in this case, top of the wall and take the fish. :biggrin:

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by KasloKid]

fishbuck - 3-19-2019 at 12:52 AM

Stealing is stealing.
The reason doesn't matter.
Quit looking at other peoples fish and go work for your own.

fishbuck - 3-19-2019 at 12:56 AM

And I'm guessing that isn't what the Mexican citizens are thinking about the people on thier southern border.
Especially the caravan people who cross their country like a swarm of locusts to get to the US border.

fishbuck - 3-19-2019 at 01:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
A man can only stare at a fish behind a glass wall for so long, but when he's hungry, he'll reach behind the wall or in this case, top of the wall and take the fish. :biggrin:

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by KasloKid]

And the idea that you think this is in some way "cute" is pitiful.
It also explains a loser mentality and alot of why the country is primitive and poor.
And why we don't want that in the US.
A hardworking US citizen produces far more than he and his family could ever consume.
And reinvests it for more productivity.
Be fruitful and multiple doesn't me make a bunch of peasant kids.

fishbuck - 3-19-2019 at 01:57 AM

And a MAN does not steal under any circumstances.
He would never allow himself to ever get in that desperate of a situation.

paranewbi - 3-19-2019 at 04:54 AM

"But the barbed wire is there no more, leading to the belief that thieves on the Mexico side removed it and sold it in nearby neighborhoods, giving residents extra protection against delinquency, presumably by other thieves."

The 'residents' receive protection (buying others stolen property) from those who they need protecting from... and some of the posters here celebrate. Nice.

JoeJustJoe - 3-19-2019 at 05:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
[

It also explains a loser mentality and alot of why the country is primitive and poor.
A hardworking US citizen produces far more than he and his family could ever consume.

You must be a Trump voter or supporter looking at your last two posts.

Don't say we, say you, because you don't speak for all of America.

You should tells the Mexicans how you really feel about them.

Bubba - 3-19-2019 at 07:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
[

Do you live on this website?

paranewbi - 3-19-2019 at 07:08 AM

[/rquote]

JJJ presents the typical leftist/progressive tactic in demanding to regulate speech. 'we' as in those who think as I do...not specifically but generally, which some do think as Fishbuck states, is not allowed by JJJ because it does not fit his agenda. This is what has happened in Cali where we are no longer supposed to say He or Her, we are told to say they or them by the left.

The quoted article by the poster is from Mexico News Daily...if you read the other articles written along with this one, you would get the notion that what Fishbuck said about culture is all over those pages.

But JJJ doesn't want us to discuss such issues, he rather suppress the exchange of dialogue and guards the status quo. That's where the left maintains its power.

pacificobob - 3-19-2019 at 07:19 AM

Stealing is stealing.

i not sure you get it.

pacificobob - 3-19-2019 at 07:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Stealing is stealing.

i not sure you get it.

dear fish, i'll bet you have never seen REAL poverty. mexico is a relatively prosperous country. get back to us when you have visited India ,and central Africa. like stated above, you should tell your mexican friends (have any?) how you feel. i go one further, i would be willing to bet you have little or no spanish language skills. why would a person who finds the mexican culture so flawed want to live here? your words leave me with the impression you have contempt for the poor. wow.

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by pacificobob]

weebray - 3-19-2019 at 07:42 AM

Why am I not surprised that xenophobic, odious, racists exist here on a sight that is basically set up to venerate a beautiful, rich and diverse country? I guess it's why pedophiles love schoolyards.

sancho - 3-19-2019 at 07:58 AM

I wish there was a way to ferret these racist ####'s out,
somehow get the info. to Mex Imm to deny them entry
to the country we are fortunate to be close to and enjoy,
do us all a favor, stay NOB

PaulW - 3-19-2019 at 08:04 AM

Ha, The new barbed wire on The Wall
Faulty Mexican interpretation
Big difference between barb wire and razor wire.
Mexicans don't give a hood about barb wire.

paranewbi - 3-19-2019 at 09:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Why am I not surprised that xenophobic, odious, racists exist here on a sight that is basically set up to venerate a beautiful, rich and diverse country? I guess it's why pedophiles love schoolyards.

Another progressive/left delusional, who lives in his fortress with his wealth in a country where millions would relocate to somewhere else if given the chance.
Notice most cry when deported back to your 'beautiful, rich, diverse country'?
Funny how you think you define what this site is set up for...but that's typical of snowflakes.

JoeJustJoe - 3-19-2019 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

JJJ presents the typical leftist/progressive tactic in demanding to regulate speech. 'we' as in those who think as I do...not specifically but generally, which some do think as Fishbuck states, is not allowed by JJJ because it does not fit his agenda. This is what has happened in Cali where we are no longer supposed to say He or Her, we are told to say they or them by the left.

The quoted article by the poster is from Mexico News Daily...if you read the other articles written along with this one, you would get the notion that what Fishbuck said about culture is all over those pages.

But JJJ doesn't want us to discuss such issues, he rather suppress the exchange of dialogue and guards the status quo. That's where the left maintains its power.

Why am I not surprised Paranewbi sems to support xenophobic posts on "Baja Nomad." You above most should know how hard working Mexicans are since you still blame Mexicans immigrant construction workers putting you out of business.

There are limits to free speech especially on forums that have an anti-racism rules.

Negative stereotyping has no place in the work place, schools, public places, and on most forums or Facebook group sites.

Getting Wired

MrBillM - 3-19-2019 at 09:54 AM

GOOD barbed wire used to be hard to come by (and expensive) in Baja.

At the time, the barbed wire available locally (from China ?) was inferior and pricey. I "imported" (packed under my gear) quite a few rolls (2-3 at a time) over 3-4 months for my landlord in Percebu when he had to redo the property line fence.

Brian L - 3-19-2019 at 10:13 AM

Dude, you're like Trump tweeting in the middle of the night. Crazy much? Three kooky posts in a row. Sitting in bed, dementia kicking in, gonna show these people....

Russ - 3-19-2019 at 10:36 AM

I laughed my bunns off when I read an international news article about how the USA could not maintain a security razor wire fence from being stolen from the secure border. I can just imagine the day when a rash of new "No Tel Motels" go up along the border built with equipment and materials suppose to be our new Berlin Wall:bounce:

[Edited on 3-19-2019 by Russ]

fishbuck - 3-19-2019 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Brian L  

Dude, you're like Trump tweeting in the middle of the night. Crazy much? Three kooky posts in a row. Sitting in bed, dementia kicking in, gonna show these people....

My mother always told me I could grow up and be president.
I guess I finally made it.
Thanks for pointing that out.
And thank you for comparing me to Mr. President Trump. Best leader in the world... ever...

bajabuddha - 3-19-2019 at 11:44 AM

Here we go again..... :barf:

JoeJustJoe - 3-19-2019 at 11:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Do you ever stand up to anything?

Oh right, just go back on topic and sing kumbaya, while hating on Mexicans.

bajabuddha - 3-19-2019 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Do you ever stand up to anything?

Oh right, just go back on topic and sing kumbaya, while hating on Mexicans.

Sowwy, don't converse with trolls.

Carry on witcher bad self. :P

p.s. ~ I've stood up for more than you've ever sat on, Joey boyo.

[Edited on 3-20-2019 by bajabuddha]

JoeJustJoe - 3-20-2019 at 10:15 AM

This should make a few of you happy now that a few Mexicans were arrested for taking down the ugly irresponsible, and inhuman' razor wire on top of the border fence that's really was not going to stop a determined immigrant.

According to the Sierra Club, razor wire is threatening to wildlife, but I guess not anymore.

Mexicans arrested in Tijuana for stealing razor wire from the top of border fence

Concertina wire installed on the top of fencing at the border between San Diego, Calif., and Tijuana is being stolen by people in Mexico and used to boost security around their own residences.

More than a dozen people have been arrested since last week in connection with stealing the military-grade razor wire that troops have been adhering onto the border fence, Tijuana's border liaison unit director, Reynaldo Gonzalez Mora, told the San Diego Union Tribune.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexicans-arrested-in...

Bubba - 3-20-2019 at 02:56 PM

This should make a few of you happy now that a few Mexicans were arrested for taking down the ugly irresponsible, and inhuman' razor wire on top of the border fence that's really was not going to stop a determined immigrant.

According to the Sierra Club, razor wire is threatening to wildlife, but I guess not anymore.

Mexicans arrested in Tijuana for stealing razor wire from the top of border fence

Concertina wire installed on the top of fencing at the border between San Diego, Calif., and Tijuana is being stolen by people in Mexico and used to boost security around their own residences.

More than a dozen people have been arrested since last week in connection with stealing the military-grade razor wire that troops have been adhering onto the border fence, Tijuana's border liaison unit director, Reynaldo Gonzalez Mora, told the San Diego Union Tribune.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexicans-arrested-in...

Oh Jeezus, now you're quoting the Sierra Club? Bwahahaha!

bajarich - 3-21-2019 at 03:48 PM

Could be that the Mexicans took Trumps word for it and assumed that since the Mexicans were paying for it, they would just claim thier share. Little did they know that Trump was lying to them too.

Brian L - 3-21-2019 at 04:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
Could be that the Mexicans took Trumps word for it and assumed that since the Mexicans were paying for it, they would just claim thier share. Little did they know that Trump was lying to them too.

Sounds about right!

BajaMama - 3-23-2019 at 11:18 AM

"We're gonna build a big beautiful wall and Mexico's going to steal it.":D:light:

Alan - 3-24-2019 at 09:23 AM

Apparently mexicans agree that walls and razor wire are effective deterrents!:biggrin:

Distrust thy Neighbor

MrBillM - 3-24-2019 at 09:54 AM

With neighbors like THAT ....................... Driving through those "wired" neighborhoods in Mexico, one can easily understand their desiring razor-sharp security.