BajaNomad

San Felipe Hotels

okiegumbo - 3-29-2019 at 04:35 PM

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions/recommendations for a medium priced ($75-$100) hotel in San Felipe. Secure parking is most important. Also, maybe your favorite dinner place?

Thanks

freediverbrian - 3-29-2019 at 05:43 PM

I like the Don Jesus , two blocks inland of the south end of the malicon. Security and clean.

bajadogs - 3-29-2019 at 08:43 PM

El capitan and Caribe. maybe 60 70 bucks. Very secure parking. See you there Okie

advrider - 3-29-2019 at 10:29 PM

What Bajadogs said, plus add Kiki's at the North end of town. I think you will find most go for about $50 unless it's a big weekend.

El Capitan San Felipe

LemonWedge - 9-2-2020 at 10:57 AM

Thanks to these helpful posts, my travel mate and I called several hotels and got a reservation at El Capitan. Another question for you all - how reliable are "reservations" when they are made over the phone and the hotel doesn't take a deposit of any kind? They simply took my name and given that accommodations seem to be filling up in San Felipe because of the holiday weekend, I'm slightly concerned. Thank you!

JZ - 9-2-2020 at 12:33 PM

Sand Dollar is one of the best. It's slightly South of town.

[Edited on 9-2-2020 by JZ]

David K - 9-2-2020 at 12:50 PM

If the Baja 500 is not cancelled (Sept. 22-27), hotels may be booked up for it... since this year's 500 starts and ends near San Felipe.

PaulW - 9-2-2020 at 01:38 PM

Use your phone to open Google maps and move the map to San Felipe then select hotels. What you get is a map with prices for selected ones. Click on one and you get pictures of the place.
Do that then ask the forum people what they think of the one of your choice.
There are three hotels north of town along the highway that show up and I heard they are ok places. Sky blue, Diamante, Rancho Alegri.
I wanted to add the app to my PC and that process is not good due to security blocking a substitute download.

David K - 9-2-2020 at 02:58 PM

I stayed at Diamante (Km. 185.5), once... I suggest Sky Blue (Km. 182)!!

chippy - 9-2-2020 at 03:47 PM

Sky Blue was ok and the price was right plus there is rest. Playa Azul a little south of the lobby. Good parking for trailers/racers/boaters.

[Edited on 9-2-2020 by chippy]

advrider - 9-2-2020 at 05:35 PM

El capitan, Caribe and Kiki's is always our go to. The nice thing with the first two is that they are on the Malacon and easy walk to everything.

[Edited on 9-3-2020 by advrider]

Hotels that take dogs in San Felipe

tanagertravels - 3-7-2021 at 12:21 PM

We are bringing our pup with us... Does anyone know which hotels take dogs.. she is well trained, small and non shedding

bajafreaks - 3-7-2021 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tanagertravels  
We are bringing our pup with us... Does anyone know which hotels take dogs.. she is well trained, small and non shedding

Sand Dollar:)

Sky Blue

John M - 3-7-2021 at 04:30 PM

5 or 6 miles north of town - pretty inexpensive - on the west side of the highway, good restaurant adjacent.

John M

advrider - 3-7-2021 at 06:51 PM

tanagertravels, we have stayed at Kiki's with our two dog no problem. I don't know about the other hotels..

Regarding reservations, we've made them several times without a deposit on facebook. When dealing with Baja cactus we paid up front by making a deposit into his US account. We knew we would be in late and there was a huge race in town that weekend so we didn't want to take any chances. The owner (Antonio) SP? is a member here so I wasn't worried.

advrider - 3-8-2021 at 07:14 AM

tanagertravels, we have stayed at Kiki's with our two dog no problem. I don't know about the other hotels..

Regarding reservations, we've made them several times without a deposit on facebook. When dealing with Baja cactus we paid up front by making a deposit into his US account. We knew we would be in late and there was a huge race in town that weekend so we didn't want to take any chances. The owner (Antonio) SP? is a member here so I wasn't worried.

David K - 3-8-2021 at 10:46 AM

The question was asked 2 years ago... I wonder where he stayed??? ;)

JZ - 3-8-2021 at 02:47 PM

Sand Dollar.

advrider - 3-8-2021 at 07:58 PM

LOL, Good catch David, I didn't see that. It would be nice if people would report back so everyone would know.

4x4abc - 3-8-2021 at 09:40 PM

been staying at Hotel Las Palmas the last week.
$90 a night for single.
shower not hot
a bit run down
strong WiFi

tanagertravels - 3-10-2021 at 11:47 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions.... particular thoughts on KiKis or Sandollar? Prices for Sandollar?

Sandollar

Lee - 3-10-2021 at 07:49 PM

Stayed twice in last month. 2 adults, 1 dog, $110. Rooms 5 and 7. 2 queens. V comfortable. Micro/fridge, steps to beach. Liked it S. of town, will stay again.