BajaNomad

Border inspection

Dave - 3-17-2005 at 03:59 PM

Yesterday, a friend coming back to Baja got a red light (San Ysidro). He had nothing to declare, nothing in view yet his car was nearly torn apart! Door panels and seats removed, the whole nine yards.

When he asked why because nothing like this had ever happened before the reply was:

There's a first time for everything.

Weird.

JESSE - 3-17-2005 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Yesterday, a friend coming back to Baja got a red light (San Ysidro). He had nothing to declare, nothing in view yet his car was nearly torn apart! Door panels and seats removed, the whole nine yards.

When he asked why because nothing like this had ever happened before the reply was:

There's a first time for everything.

Weird.

That was not normal, if i was your friend, i would be worried.

Bruce R Leech - 3-17-2005 at 04:44 PM

that is really weird Dave . did they put it back together OK or sloppy?

Cyndarouh - 3-17-2005 at 06:15 PM

Dave, More details please? We go threw there a few times a mth. My buddy goes down at least twice a week somethimes up to four. Never heard of this unless some thing is a bit shakey with the car or person. Okay Burce where is that spell ck?
By the way I did you corn beef and does it smell good. I will U2 and let you know how what the guys say. Thanks:saint::light::light::D

Dave - 3-17-2005 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

Not what you're thinking. This guy's a straight arrow. More likely they had a tip for a car that looked like his (dark blue:lol:). I've got a contact at aduanal. We'll find out sooner or later.

Bruce, at least they put it back together OK. On the U.S. side you're lucky to get an apology...and they leave it in pieces. :lol:

Cyndarouh - 3-17-2005 at 06:35 PM

You just never no. I am happy, unlike our side, they did put it back. Our side forget it.! Wish us luck on Sat.

Bruce R Leech - 3-17-2005 at 07:43 PM

they probably got a tip that he had Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk.:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 3-17-2005 at 08:23 PM

I'm still looking for Jimmy Hoffa.:lol:

Cyndarouh - 3-18-2005 at 07:55 AM

Yes I did mean Know, Okay brain is on hold and I didn't take the time to proof. Where is that spell ck thing?

bajalera - 3-18-2005 at 02:13 PM

"We go threw there . . ."
"You just never no . . ."

Gazooks! Bruce's condition is contagious!

JESSE - 3-18-2005 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE

Not what you're thinking. This guy's a straight arrow. More likely they had a tip for a car that looked like his (dark blue:lol:). I've got a contact at aduanal. We'll find out sooner or later.

Bruce, at least they put it back together OK. On the U.S. side you're lucky to get an apology...and they leave it in pieces. :lol:

The aduanales get tips from the Americans, sometimes looking for guns and money, maybe your friend was mistaken with someone else.