BajaNomad

Punta Abreojos to La Bocana

BajaBlanca - 4-8-2019 at 07:44 AM

Last weekend we went to Punta Abreojos and they have finally finished the upgrade on the main avenue going through town. It is very wide and smooth.

1a.jpg - 126kB

2a.jpg - 120kB

The new road to La Bocana veers off to the right before you even enter Punta Abreojos. For us locals, traveling to and from both towns is now a pleasure.

There is one spot, where they had to re-route around a lot, that has some crazy, unexpected turns. No bueno at all.

3a.jpg - 107kB

What is interesting is that there are now quite a few "ranchos" along the right side of the road as you head to La Bocana. Many have horses, pigs and roosters besides little gardens and palapas for get togethers. A new one seems to spring up evey week now!

4a.jpg - 113kB

David K - 4-8-2019 at 08:23 AM

Thanks Blanca. So it is 100% paved now between the two towns?

Adios mud-flat freeway!

Whale-ista - 4-8-2019 at 12:26 PM

Ahhh.... another era ends.

And as the new ranchitos show: when pavement is extended, so is investment & development. I wish them well!

OTOH- I'm beginning to calculate my age by how many Baja dirt roads I've driven that are now paved... I am "2 hours and 40 miles of dirt, sand & washboard road from the town of San Ignacio to the lagoon" years old.

[Edited on 4-8-2019 by Whale-ista]

BajaBlanca - 4-8-2019 at 02:21 PM

Good one whale-ista.

I remember when the road to highway 1wasn't even finished. Much change in the 13 years we have been in La Bocana.

DK 100% paved!

Purdyd - 4-8-2019 at 04:55 PM

Next you will tell me there is a baseball stadium and high speed internet....:)