BajaNomad

A couple photos of the secret beach near GN

JZ - 4-15-2019 at 08:47 AM

Was a beautiful 73 degrees.

[Edited on 4-17-2019 by BajaNomad]

MMc - 4-15-2019 at 09:04 AM

I love that beach! Lets try not over expose it.

motoged - 4-15-2019 at 09:06 AM

Well.....it used to be secret....:rolleyes:

4x4abc - 4-15-2019 at 09:11 AM

been there - nice

MMc - 4-15-2019 at 09:14 AM

I have told so many times "there are no secrets in Baja". I do dislike the exploitation of these spots, but gave up trying to slow it down.

Archie - 4-15-2019 at 09:33 AM

I kinda get amused when people try the "secret spot" thing.

Maybe they want to keep it to themselves, or trying to protect the place from the crowds.

I can't count how many times have helped tourists and locals to get out of the Sto. Domingo roads. The N and S routes are 4x4 only, but that doesn't seem to stop them. While the southern route is shorter, it's also steeper but closer to where is people and help.

The northern route its more demanding, and in case you make a wrong move it's a loooong walk to find somebody to help.

Those "secret beaches" are nice. The southern cove it's very popular during the fishing tournaments the ejido organizes for its anniversary.

The northern cove, the one with the arch, has a sea lion colony, and it's also very popular for camping since its more protected from wind and high tides.

del mar - 4-15-2019 at 09:41 AM

many have reported xlnt surf fishing here....we're not one of them:( but a nice camp if you don't mind the barking at night:coolup:

Udo - 4-15-2019 at 11:02 AM

Yes, the barking of the sea lions.

Great beach!

BTW Fabulous drone photos!

[Edited on 4-15-2019 by Udo]

JZ - 4-15-2019 at 11:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Archie  
I kinda get amused when people try the "secret spot" thing.

Maybe they want to keep it to themselves, or trying to protect the place from the crowds.

I can't count how many times have helped tourists and locals to get out of the Sto. Domingo roads. The N and S routes are 4x4 only, but that doesn't seem to stop them. While the southern route is shorter, it's also steeper but closer to where is people and help.

The northern route its more demanding, and in case you make a wrong move it's a loooong walk to find somebody to help.

Those "secret beaches" are nice. The southern cove it's very popular during the fishing tournaments the ejido organizes for its anniversary.

The northern cove, the one with the arch, has a sea lion colony, and it's also very popular for camping since its more protected from wind and high tides.

We dropped the tires down to 20 going up that hill. Normal pressure is 70. Was a little bit worried, but the truck blasted up it.

No way a 2 wheel drive is making it up.

[Edited on 4-15-2019 by JZ]

David K - 4-15-2019 at 12:57 PM

It was fun to see Cameron's "secret" beach (he takes Trail of Missions guests to) during one of my road guide expeditions (TRIP #4)...

The people in the arch show the scale.

advrider - 4-15-2019 at 03:10 PM

Very cool, never been out that way..

David K - 4-15-2019 at 03:14 PM

What way? LOL!:biggrin:

pacsur - 4-16-2019 at 07:33 PM

Questions for JZ, how does that receiver hitch work out on the dirt roads? Is it for 2 bikes? What speed can you run off road? All steel? Thanks

chumlee57 - 4-16-2019 at 08:18 PM

always creates a special interest when " secret beach " is introduced here. Most Baja travelers have thier own secret beach and are pretty much open to sharing it with other likeminded baja travelers. Surfers of coarse are very protective of baja breaks, after all they are always over run by millions of surfers, baja is just kinda that way. anyway, thanks for sharing, that part of the baja coast is pretty awesome

JZ - 4-16-2019 at 10:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacsur  
Questions for JZ, how does that receiver hitch work out on the dirt roads? Is it for 2 bikes? What speed can you run off road? All steel? Thanks

It holds two bikes. Anytime we go offload I take the back bike off minimum. The bike by the hitch is ok if it isn't too rough.

Have a special elbow that flips the carrier vertical when both bikes are off. The rails that hold the bikes are aluminum, and the main bar is hollow steel. I reinforced it near hitch by putting a solid steel bar in it. It's a Black Widow from Discount Ramps.

[Edited on 4-17-2019 by JZ]

BajaBlanca - 4-17-2019 at 06:16 AM

It sure looks pretty!

pacsur - 4-17-2019 at 07:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Quote: Originally posted by pacsur  

It holds two bikes. Anytime we go offload I take the back bike off minimum. The bike by the hitch is ok if it isn't too rough.

Have a special elbow that flips the carrier vertical when both bikes are off. The rails that hold the bikes are aluminum, and the main bar is hollow steel. I reinforced it near hitch by putting a solid steel bar in it. It's a Black Widow from Discount Ramps.

[Edited on 4-17-2019 by JZ]

Thanks for the info, I’m thinking of getting one for my Jeep to use for recovery if need be, easier to get around in than my tacoma.

fishbuck - 4-17-2019 at 08:05 PM

I love the giant sand whoops on the beach. Kind of a short track though.
I'll race you for a beer or two.
Probably need a swim after. Spear a fish for dinner.
I love secret beaches the best.
My lips are SEALED.:cool:

yellowklr - 4-18-2019 at 06:41 AM

SECRET beach LOL

Idiots

Mulege Canuck - 4-18-2019 at 08:10 AM

Nice spot JZ. Might check it out next year but I have got a lot of other secret beaches to check out😎

Put Puerto Los Gatos north of Tembabichi on your list for next year.

JZ - 4-18-2019 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mulege Canuck  
Nice spot JZ. Might check it out next year but I have got a lot of other secret beaches to check out😎

Put Puerto Los Gatos north of Tembabichi on your list for next year.

Just spent the last two days at El Gato. Will post pics later.

Came the closest in all my Baja travels to getting lost, lol.

[Edited on 4-19-2019 by JZ]

Mulege Canuck - 4-18-2019 at 04:25 PM

Did you notice my handiwork with the chainsaw?

I had to pay a little mordida for that.