BajaNomad

Baja Feature Film, Saturday 4-27-19, The Devil's Road. NEW: Mar 10 2020 in San Diego!

David K - 4-26-2019 at 08:58 AM

* Scroll down for San Diego details...

The Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz, CA:
Join us Saturday night at 5:30pm for the red carpet showing of The Devil's Road: A Baja Adventure, a nature/adventure documentary by Santa Cruz filmmakers. Doors open at 4:30. Stay after the showing for an exclusive Q&A with the filmmakers.
https://youtu.be/ynw-Bn8YWiA

Hoping it gets picked up by whoever gets movies shown around the country!

[Edited on 1-16-2020 by David K]

David K - 4-26-2019 at 09:20 AM

Here is a longer preview if you are not going to the premier:

geraldalexander7 - 4-26-2019 at 10:14 AM

Any plans for a showing in SoCal?

Fatboy - 4-26-2019 at 10:24 AM

Hmmmmm

David K - 4-26-2019 at 12:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by geraldalexander7  
Any plans for a showing in SoCal?

I think that the obvious dream of the producers is to see wide-scale distribution as a feature film. In today's world, with a superhero or warp-drive, it has to be tough!

I will keep you guys in the loop if I know of future showings. I would like to see it, too (and not because I might have a short appearance in it)!

gueribo - 4-27-2019 at 06:28 AM

Let us know if/when it comes out on DVD.

advrider - 4-27-2019 at 07:31 AM

Can't wait to see the full film, looks really good. I'll have to wait for a DVD as well.

Disastrogirl - 4-27-2019 at 02:00 PM

If you talk to them tell them to try contacting the Digital Gym in San Diego. They are a small space that might be a good fit.

advrider - 4-27-2019 at 05:04 PM

What is it? How's it work?

Quote: Originally posted by Disastrogirl  
If you talk to them tell them to try contacting the Digital Gym in San Diego. They are a small space that might be a good fit.

David K - 1-16-2020 at 10:33 AM

Coming to San Diego!

The Devil's Road at The Nat in San Diego - March 10th

Come join the Broken Wagon Films crew at the San Diego Natural History Museum and watch our feature documentary The Devil’s Road: A Baja Adventure.

On March 10th we’ll be screening the film in its entirety at The Nat’s “Giant-Screen Theater” in historic Balboa Park where we’ll be joined by some of the scientists and conservationists who helped make this film a possibility.

This is a public event open to everyone, so please invite your friends and family.

Mark your calendars and stay tuned to this space for more details.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 6:30 PM
San Diego Natural History Museum
1788 El Prado, San Diego, California 92101

[Edited on 1-23-2020 by David K]

Subjectruin - 1-22-2020 at 07:09 PM

Hey David, thanks for posting this here - yes, please come join us on March 10th!

We're showing our full feature film in The Nat's IMAX theater, and will follow it up with a 45min Q&A. We're really excited to finally be bringing this movie to SoCal and look forward to meeting any Nomads that would like to come and join us.

We also have a small event Friday Jan. 24th at The Nat where we'll do a short talk and show a couple clips from the film. This is part of their Secret Society of Adultologists event, where they open up the museum to grown-ups, serve them drinks, and we can all hang out and talk about science.

Hope to see you there!

[Edited on 1-23-2020 by Subjectruin]

[Edited on 1-23-2020 by Subjectruin]

advrider - 1-22-2020 at 08:04 PM

When or how will the rest of the world be able to see this?

David K - 1-22-2020 at 10:26 PM

Hopefully, a feature film distributor will pick it up. Until then, the producers will keep showing it at film festivals and museums, etc.

Side note, I just learned I am in the film chatting about El Camino Real, and so is Graham. They came to my hometown a couple years ago to interview me but I didn't know that it made the final cut until I talked to Todd Bruce on the phone this week. They did use my book for historic data... Pancho of San Rafael gave them a copy I had given him in 2017.