BajaNomad

Rest Malarrimo Review

chippy - 5-5-2019 at 08:22 AM

MAL a REAM o. Tried to pass finely chopped and formed shrimp as scallops. Laughed and walked out after seeing.

Paco Facullo - 5-5-2019 at 08:34 AM

Those Bastard's !!!

I read an article that stated that when they tested the fish served in Mexico that (I believe ) it was something like 40% of the time the fish on the menu was not the type of fish served...

BornFisher - 5-5-2019 at 08:45 AM

You mean those Lion Paws where shrimp feet?

willardguy - 5-5-2019 at 09:13 AM

their filet mignon.....they can't fake that, or can they?

David K - 5-5-2019 at 09:20 AM

Malarrimo does translate to BAD TO BE NEAR

Daventec - 6-28-2019 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
"Malarrimo does translate to BAD TO BE NEAR"

Oof! No wonder. :o

bajagregg - 6-28-2019 at 10:59 PM

At Malarrimo, I always ask for something fresh. Frequently it is some of the excellent local Corvina. Tasty!

Marc - 7-1-2019 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
MAL a REAM o. Tried to pass finely chopped and formed shrimp as scallops. Laughed and walked out after seeing.

This a common practice in Baja. I LOVE scallops and have ordered in Baja when it was sworn to be the real thing. What I was served was ok (anything with butter and garlic I like) but not the real thing. I no longer bother with it.

David K - 7-1-2019 at 02:23 PM

The notoriously great food from Victoria at Costa del Sol (L.A. Bay) really let me down in Jan. 2017 when I even asked if the scallops were legitimate and fresh (there is a local habit to substitute manta ray).
I got squid. I would have preferred manta rey.

Archie - 7-1-2019 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The notoriously great food from Victoria at Costa del Sol (L.A. Bay) really let me down in Jan. 2017 when I even asked if the scallops were legitimate and fresh (there is a local habit to substitute manta ray).
I got squid. I would have preferred manta rey.

The correct name in spanish is "mantarraya", because manta rey literally means "kings blanket".

;D

freediverbrian - 7-1-2019 at 06:43 PM

It's not just Mexico , if you have order or bought Pacific red snapper in the US be warned there is no such fish ! You are eating Rock cod a good eating fish but not what is advertised.

Bubba - 7-1-2019 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
It's not just Mexico , if you have order or bought Pacific red snapper in the US be warned there is no such fish ! You are eating Rock cod a good eating fish but not what is advertised.

Winner