BajaNomad

Marthitas in Vizcaino and PAN too

BajaBlanca - 5-5-2019 at 05:24 PM

inside a.jpg - 155kB

card a.jpg - 136kB

sign from street A.jpg - 105kB

wooda.jpg - 180kB

Marthitas has a great restaurant and it looks like the hotel is pretty nice as well but we have never stayed there.

We highly recommend the restaurant: great food -great prices and excellent internet!

Now, once you enter town, there is a bakery on the right hand side that has fresh bread coming out of the oven at 11-11:30 am.

It is SOFT and so delicious!

bakerya.jpg - 119kB

bread on tray a.jpg - 128kB

shari - 5-6-2019 at 07:34 AM

Martitas is always clean and generous portions of food....the hotel rooms are really nice too.

David K - 5-6-2019 at 10:23 AM

When you enter town, on the right... ??

Most of us would be thinking 'southbound' entering town.
You probably entered going north (from La Bocana)? Can you clarify by saying east or west side/ north or south edge of town?

Great to get recommendations, thank you!

Bajaboy - 5-6-2019 at 10:42 AM

We ate there a few times but didn't have the best experiences with service and value. The bakery is okay, too.

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 10:59 AM

so, where please is Hotel Martitha?

Bajaboy - 5-6-2019 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Heading south, just south of the Banamex on the same side of the street. At the light, I believe.

AKgringo - 5-6-2019 at 11:32 AM

I had to zoom way in on those wood carvings on display to see that they are 'cardons', not adult toys! :o

David K - 5-6-2019 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Heading south, just south of the Banamex on the same side of the street. At the light, I believe.

Would this be the northern part of town, east side of the highway? Near the Bahía Tortugas/ Asinción highway junction?

BajaBlanca - 5-6-2019 at 01:53 PM

ok I guess I am NOT the best at splaining where places are so here goes another try:

Marthitas has indeed improved 100% since you were there Bajaboy. The food is really REALLY good and the prices are good and it is spotless and I guarantee they will not mess up your order. Les loves the huevos rancheros and I love the enchiladas suizas.

As you head SOUTH, it is on the left or east side of the street. After the bancomer bank. Easier to see the sign when you are headed north. Look for bright orange building.

AKgringo hahahahaha

The pan bakery is on the road headed to Asuncion (west off highway 1). On the north side of the street or on your right. The store/bakery is not the prettiest by any stretch of the imagination but the BIRROTES (pronounced bee row tees) are delicious. Soft, even the next day, and can be frozen and will taste just as great when you want to eat them next time!

I apologize for my lack of good directions. I still get turned around here in La Bocana after 13 years. Mind you, I can speak English, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, French, and I can understand 90% Polish, and I once studied Norwegian. But directions? gets me every time

[Edited on 5-7-2019 by BajaBlanca]

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 05:06 PM

Google Maps does not know Banamex in Vizcaino - now what?

bajabuddha - 5-6-2019 at 05:12 PM

On the map, G - 5 :smug:

BajaBlanca - 5-6-2019 at 05:16 PM

bancomer

not banamex

sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Martitha (not Marthita or Martita)

David K - 5-6-2019 at 05:22 PM

Google Maps does not know Banamex in Vizcaino - now what?

Just type in Hotel Martitha on Google Maps:

See the push pin marker: On the EAST side of Hwy. 1 across from the north fork of the Tortugas highway junction. The bank is a Bancomer, as well.

motoged - 5-6-2019 at 05:34 PM

The hotel and restaurant have signs with both spellings:
"Martitha (not Marthita...)"

Harald,
It's at the north end of Vizcaino on the east side of the highway...as said, roughly across from the highway turn-off to Bahia Tortugas and Bahia Asuncion....and lots of orange paint.

David K - 5-6-2019 at 05:39 PM

The spelling of places is important! Martitha works on Google.

Looking at the two photos that Blanca posted (street sign and business card) both are Martitha.

Blanca spells it Marthita in her opening post and Shari spells it Martita in the first reply!

motoged - 5-6-2019 at 06:20 PM

Yes, David....spelling is important....that's why I noticed the signage differences I mentioned....

Others can offer their own versions....I am going by what the half-dozen existing signs I saw there this winter over a 5 month period.

Google maps isn't the Main Source of proper spelling.....:light:

Bajaboy - 5-6-2019 at 06:51 PM

There is an address listed on the card pictured above:light:

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 07:59 PM

There is an address listed on the card pictured above:light:

Google Maps did not recognize that address - I tried

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 08:01 PM

so now -
I have that place listed as Hotel del Sol
was it renamed?
or is it Hotel del Sol with Restaurant Martitha?

motoged - 5-6-2019 at 08:27 PM

Harald,
you have personal directions from several folks....and DK's post w/ sat pic.

That's all you need.....Blanca's post is the most recent "been there" info....

Google Earth is not omniscient ;)

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 08:44 PM

if I would want to find it while in Vizcaino - I would easily find it with all the information provided

however, if I wanted to put a location and a name on a map (like David's stuff), then I would need a pinpoint location and an accurate name.

4x4abc - 5-6-2019 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

well...
Google Earth shows 2 photos in that location
one fore Hotel del Sol - one for Hotel Martitha

David K - 5-6-2019 at 10:29 PM

Harald, zoom in on Hotel del Sol, the two appear, then just the Hotel Martitha shows. See the red dart on my Google Map image?

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2019 at 11:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Harald,
you have personal directions from several folks....and DK's post w/ sat pic.

That's all you need.....Blanca's post is the most recent "been there" info....

The town ain’t that big. It takes 2 minutes to drive the length of the main street. If you miss the hotel first time driving thru town on 1, it only takes 2 minutes to drive the street again :light:

You don’t need gps to navigate this small town :!:

norte - 5-7-2019 at 06:39 AM

Ya gotta love this forum. The only one around that can take a simple restaurant review and turn it into a major discussion on directions. MORE MAPS!

4x4abc - 5-7-2019 at 08:15 AM

who said maps?

how about 21st century?

27°38'54.94"N, 113°23'6.33"W

Skipjack Joe - 5-7-2019 at 09:22 AM

We ate there a few times but didn't have the best experiences with service and value. The bakery is okay, too.

I have to agree with this assessment, and I've eaten there recently, and stayed at their motel. It certainly doesn't rank with the better restaurants in Guerrero Negro to the north nor with San Ignacio to the south.

The best 'bakery' bread I've found in Vizcaino is just a clay oven by the side of the highway where bread is sold as it's made. They called it Sinaloa bread and it was delicious. On the right side of the highway entering town from the south.

David K - 5-23-2019 at 10:50 AM

Harald, I was there last week. Both hotel names are in front as if one hotel has two names. Another possibility is that the Del Sol is behind the Martitha? There are two buildings with the same front entrance. I was at the auto shop on the south side and took a photo...

Notice the name over the arched entrance: Hotel Martitha along with the Hotel del Sol sign. There is also a restaurant here called Martitha.