BajaNomad

San Juanico ( Scorpion Bay) crap everywhere

FelizCanadian - 6-3-2019 at 06:36 AM

Sad to say, but in the recent months and past year it seems the cheap Euros and hippies have found a way not to pay their camping fees in Scorpion Bay. I know it’s not the cheapest place to camp, 150 pesos each, but you can shower and use the toilets. So now , instead of using the facilities everyone is crapping and peeing behind the campground. Recent winds made it look like a toilet paper party. The people think they are smart, however all they are doing is leaving a typhoid, hepatitis, and fly breeding ground that will make everyone here sick, nobody will buy food at the palapa, meanwhile they are on to their next freeloading destination. The money you pay to camp feeds local families and funds the current solar and septic systems. Recently a school bus full of 4 hippies did not want to pay so they drive down to an arroyo nearby and proceeded to chit in it for 3 weeks and then they left. TP and human chit everywhere. Not very environmental anti corporate love hugging maneuver Pay your bill and keep San Juanico chit free

Mulege Canuck - 6-3-2019 at 07:54 AM

Good rant😎

I hate it when the “eco-types” give me a hard time about my camper having a big carbon foot print, while they crap all over the beach. It probably only takes an hour to build a proper latrine but most of those types don’t know how to use a shovel. The majority of the dead beats will be riding the skateboard and living with mom until they are 40.

That felt good...

[Edited on 6-3-2019 by Mulege Canuck]

Bajaboy - 6-3-2019 at 07:56 AM

They probably don't pick up after dogs either

mtgoat666 - 6-3-2019 at 08:11 AM

I hope i die before i get old!

4x4abc - 6-3-2019 at 08:51 AM

be careful with those negative posts - someone might offer you a bus ticket

fishbuck - 6-3-2019 at 10:05 AM

This is why there are more gates and fences... and why that trend will continue.

fishbuck - 6-3-2019 at 10:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
They probably don't pick up after dogs either

That is why people like bringing their dogs to baja...

LancairDriver - 6-3-2019 at 10:15 AM

They’re probably packing up their tents in LA and SFO due to the nasty odors and annoying need to watch where they step and heading for Baja.

fishbuck - 6-3-2019 at 10:37 AM

That what I was thinking...
And all along the 5 freeway is the same.
Seattle is an unbelievable mess.

fishbuck - 6-3-2019 at 10:55 AM

These places need to be protected.
As much as I don't like to see all the fences and gates near my camp... I completely understand why.
And why there is a gate and Ranger on the San Quintin peninsula.
You have to sign in to go out there now. And sign out.
And lots of places are completely private now and well fenced.

It seemed wide open and fairly abandoned when I 1st drive down that rode.
But now feels land grabby and everything feels... watched...
Everyone wants to exploit Baja and leave their mess after the get what they want...

Russ - 6-3-2019 at 11:18 AM

Those aren't hippies unless they're over 60. Those are the Scum of the Earth that have no conscience for anything or anyone. They do, however, come in all flavors and ages though.

[Edited on 6-3-2019 by Russ]

Enrique2012 - 6-3-2019 at 12:10 PM

I hope i die before i get old!

There's a bunch of us hoping just that.

Beagle - 6-3-2019 at 02:35 PM

And the bathrooms aren't bad at all there. The campground cleans and mops every morning. It's more of a an issue of they don't want to walk up the dirt track during the day and rather just run over into the bushes. Just laziness.

AKgringo - 6-3-2019 at 03:57 PM

Did the palapa bar and restaurant ever get re-built? The first time I camped there, I thought the combination of ambiance and amenities was well worth the modest camping fee. The last time I was there, the original area was fenced off, but there was still a kitchen open around the side of the building.

For what it is worth, I travel with a large dog who is not allowed to run loose in developed areas unless I am with her, and yes I pick up poop!

advrider - 6-3-2019 at 05:39 PM

I would have to say that $8 dollars for camping in Sb is not much! People did the same thing all over the sierras in Northern California and got many trails shut down! We have a toilet called a PET, that we take even in Baja. You poo in a bag that has enzymes that break it down and make it safe to put in the trash. While hiking you dig a hole and burn or pack out the paper. They aren't hippies, they are dirt bags!
I watch people's dogs crap on the beach in Baja and they just walk on, nice, just what I want to step in while on the beach!
No easy answer.....

Beagle - 6-3-2019 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Did the palapa bar and restaurant ever get re-built? The first time I camped there, I thought the combination of ambiance and amenities was well worth the modest camping fee. The last time I was there, the original area was fenced off, but there was still a kitchen open around the side of the building.

For what it is worth, I travel with a large dog who is not allowed to run loose in developed areas unless I am with her, and yes I pick up poop!

Now they have a really nice large palapa extending out from that kitchen. It's comfy and they have some Big screen TV's going. Food is good. There is talk of rebuilding the old Cantina spot still.

AKgringo - 6-3-2019 at 07:28 PM

Beagle, thanks for the update! I was last there around thanksgiving 2016, and they were talking about rebuilding someday.
It would be good to see the place back the way it was, but I hope they don't over do it. I like simple, friendly places!

tecatero - 6-3-2019 at 07:46 PM

I had Swiss people telling how they weren’t paying. F****ing Swiss, possibly the richest country on earth. Go take a dump in your own soil. Guaranteed it wouldn’t be cool, and some dude named Fritz would write you a ticket or deport you

mtgoat666 - 6-3-2019 at 09:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

I watch people's dogs crap on the beach in Baja and they just walk on, nice, just what I want to step in while on the beach!
No easy answer.....

The tide cleans the beach twice a day

Dogs roam free w/o leashes in Mexico. You better get used to poop.

Luckily, you are wealthy and live on the beach, where Mother Nature cleans the beach twice per day.

John Harper - 6-4-2019 at 05:16 AM

Come on, dog owners are very respectful. I walk my neighborhood every morning, and they are so thoughtful. They put their dog poop in little plastic bags.........

And just leave them on the sidewalk for me come along to pick up. I guess it's too hard to carry the little bag to the nearest dog poop cans the rest of us in the HOA paid for. We paid for the bags too. So many dog owners are self absorbed jackoffs.

John

mtgoat666 - 6-4-2019 at 06:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Come on, dog owners are very respectful. I walk my neighborhood every morning, and they are so thoughtful. They put their dog poop in little plastic bags.........

And just leave them on the sidewalk for me come along to pick up. I guess it's too hard to carry the little bag to the nearest dog poop cans the rest of us in the HOA paid for. We paid for the bags too. So many dog owners are self absorbed jackoffs.

John

It does seem illogical to bag it, then leave the the full bag - never understood why people bag it then litter the full bag. Much easier to just leave the poop on the ground au natural.

I have noticed that many dogless people are self absorbed jackoffs too.

advrider - 6-4-2019 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

No easy answer.....

The tide cleans the beach twice a day

Dogs roam free w/o leashes in Mexico. You better get used to poop.

Luckily, you are wealthy and live on the beach, where Mother Nature cleans the beach twice per day.

WOW, you are amazing! I've never met you or talked to you but some how you know I'm rich and live on the beach! The Sierra's are a long way from the beach, but your right , compared to you I am rich... A feral dog crapping on the beach is not the same as letting your dog do it! Because the locals leave trash on the beach or in the desert, I guess you are one of the burroes that does it to?
I take my manners and values with me when I travel, I'm sorry you don't! The tide doesn't come far enough up to carry all of the chit out to sea, so maybe you need to go farther out into the water!

[Edited on 6-5-2019 by advrider]

Lee - 6-4-2019 at 05:51 PM

My dog poops on the beach every day and I don't pick it up. I bury it. I see lots of dogs running in packs on my beach and there's enough poop to disturb some of you folks. Doesn't bother me. I bury that too.