BajaNomad

Pappas, old men, ship wreck

TMW - 6-5-2019 at 08:42 PM

What is the name of the place near the ship wreck north of Camalu where a there is a home for a bunch of old men? Who is the contact for the place? I have a couple of walkers and a transport chair, it's like a wheelchair but with 4 small wheels. That they might be able to use.

bajamedic - 6-5-2019 at 09:54 PM

The Grandpas Orphanage;

Casa Hogar del Ancianos
Ejido San Jacinto Rubén Jaramillo, Baja California, Mexico

You can also find them on Facebook, wonderful people doing the right thing for the elders in their community. They have been very appreciative of any assistance that is provided... I only wish I could do more. JH

David K - 6-6-2019 at 05:39 AM

Tom, the road to Punta San Jacinto leaves Hwy. 1 at Km. 149.5+ (ie. just north of Km. 150). Camalu is at Km. 157. The road goes 4 miles to the coast, then turn north for the shipwreck, 0.6 mile. The home for grandpas is passed before the shipwreck.

Paco Facullo - 6-6-2019 at 07:26 AM

Funny as I'm leaving Sunday and bringing walkers and a wheelchair also.:D
They probably can a lot of use that sort of stuff or know someone who does.

But last time I was there their toilet seat had MUCH to be desired so I'm installing a new raised seat for them.

TMW , go on you for thinking and doing for old guys that don't have much.
Note : the first time going I misses the exit and had to turn around in Camalu and back-track....

You will know the Grandpa's house as there is a "beehive" looking building on the property.

[Edited on 6-6-2019 by Paco Facullo]

TMW - 6-6-2019 at 09:50 AM

Thanks everyone. The trip date hasn't been decided yet but soon, probably early July.

MMc - 6-6-2019 at 11:05 AM

They have quite a few of that stuff when I was last there. If they don't use it I am sure they can find somebody that can use it. They can always use Pasta and sauce too. If you IM Juan on facebook, he can let you know what the pending needs are.

Paco Facullo - 6-6-2019 at 01:42 PM

IF I had a facebook account, but I don't and won't.....

I'm also bringing pie, coffee, tea and other staples from Costco.

All old people like pie and coffee......................

MMc - 6-6-2019 at 02:02 PM

Thank you! I always take chocolate cake or brownie mix to them. Pie is alway good.