BajaNomad

Checkpoint for Vape Cigatettes

Mother of Dragons - 6-13-2019 at 12:53 PM

A friend just told me that they were stopped at a checkpoint this week, at San Ignacio, and they only asked if they had for vape cigarettes.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Why would they look for vape cigarettes?

[Edited on 6-13-2019 by Mother of Dragons]

55steve - 6-13-2019 at 12:55 PM

Looking for the THC ones for themselves.

Mother of Dragons - 6-13-2019 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  
Looking for the THC ones for themselves.

My first thought was they were looking for the pot ones but seriously?

Bajazly - 6-13-2019 at 01:02 PM

They bother me once in a while for those but I just say no THC. I offered one up one time and the guy tried it and it was actually CBD, I just smiled and said tenga un buen dia.

Mother of Dragons - 6-13-2019 at 01:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
They bother me once in a while for those but I just say no THC. I offered one up one time and the guy tried it and it was actually CBD, I just smiled and said tenga un buen dia.

Did he keep it? Here they’re $50 a cartridge so bummer if he did. Plus you then you would have nothing..lol

sancho - 6-13-2019 at 02:00 PM

These 18yr. old Army dudes, are often not the most
sophisticated. They can be foefully uniformed. Had one
pull a glue plunger out of the glove box, used for an
inflatable, thought it was a hypodermic

JoeJustJoe - 6-13-2019 at 02:52 PM

In Mexico, like the US, you have Federal, State, and local laws, that are not all on the same page, for example Marijuana, in the US, federal and state laws may be different.

Although you may be legally allowed to vape in Mexico, it could be the imports of vape cigarettes or some aspect of the cigarette are prohibited in Mexico, but the laws are always quickly changing.

It could be the the military at the San Ignacio, check point, wanted to mess with traveler because he/she looked young, and fit the profile of someone who would vape.

Bajazly - 6-13-2019 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  

Did he keep it? Here they’re $50 a cartridge so bummer if he did. Plus you then you would have nothing..lol

No he didn't, I have refillable tank and I had the guys at the vape shop put the CBD oil in a regular bottle marked with the flavor only. He took a hit and it tasted like whatever the flavor was and said esta bien and off I went.

He did want me to give it to him tho and returning thru that check point, he slowed me down and ask me for it again, I told him I'd bring him one next time.

defrag4 - 6-13-2019 at 04:38 PM

always hide your drogas folks :light:

just drove up to San Diego from Loreto and back down again, RV was stopped and searched at every checkpoint going northbound

southbound we were only briefly searched at San Ignacio, they have got a pretty bad rep there, lots of people getting crap stolen during the inspections in the past.

maybe they are trying to turn it around as they were being extra friendly this time and when they noticed I was keeping an eye on them rifling through my stuff they told me to come up inside the camper so I could watch him better

but you never know whos going to be manning the checkpoint on a given day, best to keep an eye on everything always

[Edited on 6-13-2019 by defrag4]

Mother of Dragons - 6-13-2019 at 04:53 PM

No he didn't, I have refillable tank and I had the guys at the vape shop put the CBD oil in a regular bottle marked with the flavor only. He took a hit and it tasted like whatever the flavor was and said esta bien and off I went.

He did want me to give it to him tho and returning thru that check point, he slowed me down and ask me for it again, I told him I'd bring him one next time.

Haha, looks like you could start a “vape” business and hit all the checkpoints, lol

lencho - 6-13-2019 at 05:16 PM

Haha, looks like you could start a “vape” business and hit all the checkpoints, lol
Have to be barter; I suspect most of those child soldiers have no money. :no:

Edit: Upon investigating, it appears that a common soldier is paid some $10,000/month. I would imagine most of it goes to their family, but that's by no means a slave wage... :cool: