BajaNomad

The toll roads , where does all the plata go ???

Paco Facullo - 6-17-2019 at 04:31 PM

Hola Amigos y Amigas,

Well I’m now on my trip and wanted to give a somewhat real time trip report but with only having my phone and the spotty internet it is next to impossible .
I’ll do a few posts here and there when I can. Back to the topic now,
A week ago last Sunday while going through the toll area between Tijuana and Ensenada I get to the first toll and there aren’t any people manning the booths but there are civilians all around waving Mexican flags and and making a presence of them self’s . There’s also a woman with a bucket collecting , what I was told , was “donations” ???
I went ahead and put the Pesos (36) that I had ready into the bucket and drove on with a feeling , at first, that I did a good thing and the money was going directly to “the people” rather than the corrupt Gov.

Between the first tool booth and second I was thinking more about “ where the money really goes ?”
Does anyone on here know or have ever asked ?
I wanted to asked but my Spanish is like a 5 year old and I’m sure the reply would be way too fast for me to understand .

By the time I reached the 2nd. toll I reduced my donation to just about 7 Pesos.
My thoughts are that it is most likely ran by the strongest gang around as there is probably a lot of money that is collected.

Anyone know just what is going on ????

The toll roads , where does all the plata go ???

DanO - 6-17-2019 at 04:50 PM

There was another thread on this awhile ago.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=91996

del mar - 6-17-2019 at 05:06 PM

teachers? seniors? handicap? fat cat getting fatter? you lose out on the insurance but thats what you buy insurance for....when in doubt drop 10 peso's in the bucket! :coolup: