BajaNomad

Canada day

Bajagypsy - 6-29-2019 at 10:50 AM

I am now in Asuncion full time! I am currently in the process of converting my garage into a pub!

Will be having a test run on the space on Canada Day! (July 1). If you are in town stop in! Will have some food, and a few fun drinks, but I am asking people to bring a chair and there drink of choice!

Hope to see some of you there!

daveB - 6-29-2019 at 02:26 PM

Wish we were there! Would need the Ceasar to celebrate 152 years as a country, 148 in this land we know as British Columbia.

John Harper - 6-29-2019 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by daveB  
Wish we were there! Would need the Ceasar to celebrate 152 years as a country, 148 in this land we know as British Columbia.

What's the difference between a caesar and a bloody mary? Looks like clamato versus tomato? Sounds delicious.

John

[Edited on 6-29-2019 by John Harper]

SFandH - 6-29-2019 at 02:35 PM

An excellent reason for a BYOB party.

I remember it called Dominion Day.

In honor of our Northern Neighbor

MrBillM - 6-30-2019 at 09:54 AM

Show your fondness for Canada by helping out some mentally-challenged person you know.

Or find one out on the street.

shari - 6-30-2019 at 10:17 AM

Great to see you back on Baja Nomads amiga!
Finally a real canuck to celebrate Canada Day with in town.

"Gypsies" is going to be so much fun...a place where expats can gather at happy hour play games, (hopefully pool) munch on snacks, watch events together etc. We have lots of fun ideas for theme parties and there will be putine!

There really is no place to go in the afternoon...the 2 bars in town dont even get started till around 11 pm when all of us are well into dreamland...so your place will be a welcomed new spot.

Paco Facullo - 6-30-2019 at 12:35 PM

That's FANTASTIC !!

And I was just there, means I'll have even MORE good reasons to return...

David K - 6-30-2019 at 02:54 PM

Back Bacon and Moose Head... come to mind, eh!!??

Alm - 7-1-2019 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Show your fondness for Canada by helping out some mentally-challenged person you know.

Or find one out on the street.

People are just celebrating "their" life. Purely and egoistically. Vast majority don't care sh-t about the country or are dumb enough to believe the government.

fishbuck - 7-1-2019 at 01:19 PM

Somebody's gotta do it....

OH CANADA!:)

David K - 7-1-2019 at 05:06 PM

chippy - 7-1-2019 at 05:34 PM

https://twitter.com/trailerparkboys/status/88117688955301888...

Happy C day!

BajaRob - 7-1-2019 at 06:38 PM

We had a place on the water in Hidden Harbour , Campbell River, British Columbia for 18 years when it actually was the "Salmon Fishing Capital of the World. Some nights 7 or 8 Cruise ships would pass by our deck. The town would put on a great fireworks display on the 1st and then repeat it on the 4th for us gringos. Very much appreciated.

BajaRat - 7-1-2019 at 10:25 PM

Happy Canada Day Gypsy and Shari !
Can't wait to see you guys !
Lionel :cool:

shari - 7-2-2019 at 06:20 PM

Oh it was a grande Canada Day at Gypsy's place...the drinks were epic and most of the local expats came out for the fun and some local amigos too.
My favorite were the mini margaritas in the real lime shell!

We took the space out for a test party and it passed with flying colours...people had so many great ideas for the place and it has a real nice feel to it and great dance party at the end!!!

a few Nomads in the mix there...

Hope all the other Baja Canucks had a great day celebrting our home and native land!