BajaNomad

Motor Trend review will upset a couple of people here

MMc - 7-2-2019 at 09:23 AM

Motor Trend reviewed Toyota Tacos, Jeep Gladiator and GM Bison. interesting in a bunch of ways.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/colorado/2019/toyo...

David K - 7-2-2019 at 04:49 PM

When the GM/Chevy new mid-size truck was examined by me at the auto show a couple of years ago, the amount of plastic and cheap features when compared to the Tacoma (a solid truck with the most experience as a market leader) was just sad.
I am always hoping for an American brand to be competitive and have been hoping Jeep would return to the pickup truck market... which they have but it is pretty big (in length) with the same 5 ft. bed my 4-door Tacoma has.
The Jeep Rubicon model Gladiator does have the front locker but (not mentioned well) is the Tacoma's A-TRAC/ Multi-Terrain-Select/ Crawl Control, which "locks" the front wheels (from spinning) using the brakes instead of the differential.

Best of luck GM/Chevy and Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep (why no Ford Ranger tested?) at taking some business from the Baja-made 4-door Tacoma!

chippy - 7-2-2019 at 05:24 PM

Hey DK donĀ“t get your toyota panties in a bunch this is the NEW taco not your old one.:light:

Oh and was the one you inspected a Bison?

[Edited on 7-3-2019 by chippy]

David K - 7-2-2019 at 05:29 PM

I am not upset, at all... I own no stock in Toyota. I just like accurate details. No, it was not a Bison... but I was looking at the cab interior and bed and body detail... not suspension and drivetrain upgrades.

Also, who else caught the Power Wagon comment in the article? The Power Wagon got a flat... and unless that was a support vehicle, it was never mentioned anywhere else, unless I missed it?

[Edited on 7-3-2019 by David K]

chippy - 7-2-2019 at 05:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I am not upset, at all... I own no stock in Toyota. I just like accurate details. No, it was not a Bison... but I was looking at the cab interior and bed and body detail... not suspension and drivetrain upgrades.

Also, who else caught the Power Wagon comment in the article? The Power Wagon got a flat... and unless that was a support vehicle, it was never mentioned anywhere else, unless I missed it?

[Edited on 7-3-2019 by David K]

I caught that too! It was a support vehicle.

We plowed this field months ago

thebajarunner - 7-3-2019 at 09:14 AM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=92545#pid1155...

Don't stir poor David up again
I already cranked this one up four months ago.....